• Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Alohi and K9 got some hits on Henry if I recall.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

Good plays on IDL, I think.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Send PM

Great video covering the shortcomings in some respects of the Fangio defense, while giving heaping credit to Staley towards the end (20 minute mark) for adjusting the scheme in the past 4 weeks and adapting it to fit his players' strengths while adding some creative flair to manufacture pressure. Quoting the video, he stated that the Chargers defensive game plan and execution in the Dolphins game was "a masterclass in defensive coordinating" which I highly agree with.

I highly suggest you all watch this. While it covers the failings that we have, prior to the previous 3 or 4 weeks, been griping about dating back to last season, it goes into depth detailing the scheme and why it hasn't really been working for most running it (and why for us the secondary and linebacker play has greatly improved since Derwin's injury, at least anecdotally).
          Last edited by jaguarmanftype; 12-21-2022, 12:26 AM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Alohi and K9 got some hits on Henry if I recall.
            The defense even caught Henry a few times moving sideways (diagonal), which was my key strategy. Lol
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

Great video covering the shortcomings in some respects of the Fangio defense, while giving heaping credit to Staley towards the end (20 minute mark) for adjusting the scheme in the past 4 weeks and adapting it to fit his players' strengths while adding some creative flair to manufacture pressure. Quoting the video, he stated that the Chargers defensive game plan and execution in the Dolphins game was "a masterclass in defensive coordinating" which I highly agree with.

I highly suggest you all watch this. While it covers the failings that we have, prior to the previous 3 or 4 weeks, been griping about dating back to last season, it goes into depth detailing the scheme and why it hasn't really been working for most running it (and why for us the secondary and linebacker play has greatly improved since Derwin's injury, at least anecdotally).
              Great video. Really explains what has been happening with the Fangio defense. Thanks for sharing this. That youtube guy is pretty impressive

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

TY jag. Enjoyable.

Staley's teachings are taking hold. We are up to 14th in DVOA.

Defenders no longer look confused. They are playing the scheme correctly and are starting to play it well.

Staley will continue to adapt, mix things up. There is plenty in the tool box.

Each week is a new and unique challenge. For example, this week it's Nick Foles, and we must respect his intelligence + competitive nature.
                Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

This video is must viewing.

It shows several things.

We have progressed, compared to, say, GB & CLE.

Also, it shows not only how we play defense, but also how others defend Lombardi-Herbert !

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

Thanks for sharing this - it's a real good explanation of what we're seeing. It makes it clear why we throw so many short passes and how our defense is evolving.

I urge everyone to watch this - it will give us all a better understanding.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                      Thanks for sharing this - it's a real good explanation of what we're seeing. It makes it clear why we throw so many short passes and how our defense is evolving.

I urge everyone to watch this - it will give us all a better understanding.
                      It's always about the cycles of football. It would be naive to think Staley did not know this was coming--the offensive backlash to Fangio things.

Now, Staley's toolbox will soon have Joey setting the EDGE, Derwin doing all sorts of wrinkles, and even Woods eventually providing a Single High look.

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Now, Staley's toolbox will soon have Joey setting the EDGE, Derwin doing all sorts of wrinkles, and even Woods eventually providing a Single High look.
                        For non-technical football fans this means we're about to apply Botox to faces or Dry clean the opposing offense's uniform.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

It's always about the cycles of football. It would be naive to think Staley did not know this was coming--the offensive backlash to Fangio things.

Joey ain’t setting the edge, the table or anything else. Lost in anime game playing world.

Comment

Working...
                          X