• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

This game is an example of what we were expecting from Staley when he was hired. We have been hoping this season this type of performance and execution would show up. Some of us have, anyway. Let's hope the team has turned a corner, and we get performances like this every week for the remainder.
    I don't mind if people don't like Staley or whatever opinion they have about him. What I don't like is fickleness or hypocrisy from people regarding him. He is proving to me things that he has shown when he was hired back in 2021.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

This game is an example of what we were expecting from Staley when he was hired. We have been hoping this season this type of performance and execution would show up. Some of us have, anyway. Let's hope the team has turned a corner, and we get performances like this every week for the remainder.
      Yep, that’s what we wanted to see. Tonight we saw it. Been a long time coming but felt good

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
        Chargers Hall of Fame
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

I see why you would still be worried. I'd like to see something Staley hasn't done yet; win more than 3 games straight games, win 4 consecutive games. Also, all of these years under Telesco is hoping to sneak in the playoffs which is wearing on people.
        Agreed. Need to see a win streak from him, absolutely!

Also, would be nice to see a certain win. You know, the kind that comes early in a game, where you get to play backups in the 4th. At least once a season, against a decent team. EVERY game we play seems to come down to the end where we either couldn’t hold a 2-score lead or we were scrambling late to come back from 2+ scores down.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
          Chargers Hall of Fame
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
          Wasted timeouts.
          Pre snap penalties
          Special teams.

These used to beat the Chargers of the past.

Staley runs a crisp operation.

Or how about that Herbert/Linsley fumble near the goal line in the 4th? Brought back every bad Charger memory for me in an instant. Not sure Herbert grabbing the ball back is because of Staley, but it sure was a better result. And mojo.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

Rich - why are you thinking I’m talking to you? I clearly quoted someone else. Are you sure you are reading these posts correctly (cause I don’t know what your referencing here).
            This isn't a chat room. It is a community. We bounce ideas off each other. We use posts to riff.

Avoid group think, cut and paste consensus posting...
            Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Tight Man Coverage early downs bringing up third and medium/long.

Then disguised Cover 2 with late pre snap movement.

Everyone playing their role.

Nothing spectacular.

Sorry about that foot injury Tyreek.
              Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
                A lot of people in this thread have some crow to eat. I said 2 weeks ago Staley has been coaching his ass off. Now tonight missing 6 starters he held one of the best offenses in football to about 100 yards for an entire frigging game. It'll go un-noticed in the bigger scheme of things but this is right up there with Belichik shutting down the Rams & Bills in superbowls.
                It was a very well-coached game by Staley, especially without Derwin James.

But up there with Belichick's gameplans against the Bills in Super Bowl XXV and the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI? Uh, no. The Dolphins ran the ball 19 times against us. That's not how you get it done against Staley's defense. Perhaps they would have run it more if Jeff Wilson hadn't gotten injured, since he was averaging 6.5 a carry. Who knows? They're a pass-happy offense. It seems as though we're getting reminded that Tua is a very limited quarterback who should never be mentioned in the same class as Herbert.

Either way it was excellent to watch that last night, after a handful of frustrating weeks. Hopefully it continues.

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
                  Since Balboa Stadium
                  • Sep 2022
                  • LA
                  • Send PM

The Bolts lately are looking better, especially given all the injuries. But seriously..Staley's demeanor during the halftime interview...and his pacing on the sidelines during the game...I mean...doesn't it look a bit odd compared to all other coaches in the NFL who seem a bit cooler and less wound up? I don't know if its a good or bad thing...but something is going on there. As was once said in YoungFrankenstin....'AB-Normal"

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post
                    The Bolts lately are looking better, especially given all the injuries. But seriously..Staley's demeanor during the halftime interview...and his pacing on the sidelines during the game...I mean...doesn't it look a bit odd compared to all other coaches in the NFL who seem a bit cooler and less wound up? I don't know if it’s a good or bad thing...but something is going on there. As was once said in YoungFrankenstin....'AB-Normal"
                    He drinks a lot of coffee

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post
                      The Bolts lately are looking better, especially given all the injuries. But seriously..Staley's demeanor during the halftime interview...and his pacing on the sidelines during the game...I mean...doesn't it look a bit odd compared to all other coaches in the NFL who seem a bit cooler and less wound up? I don't know if its a good or bad thing...but something is going on there. As was once said in YoungFrankenstin....'AB-Normal"
                      He looked like Coach Corryel

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        Tight Man Coverage early downs bringing up third and medium/long.

Then disguised Cover 2 with late pre snap movement.

Everyone playing their role.

Nothing spectacular.

Sorry about that foot injury Tyreek.
                        Most press they’ve played all year.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Most press they’ve played all year.
                          You certainly can't argue how great the strategy was. If you would have asked me before the game how I thought that would work playing so many backups, I thought we give up 400 yards passing and 30+ points. Go figure.

Comment

Working...
                          X