• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scotty Boy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2017
    • Send PM

Staley has, unfortunately, made a recent habit of downplaying certain injuries. He did it again with Corey Lindsey; said his illness was “24 hours” - and yet Corey is inactive today. Some may not see such instances as a big deal, but I think it goes to credibility.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Scotty Boy View Post
      Staley has, unfortunately, made a recent habit of downplaying certain injuries. He did it again with Corey Lindsey; said his illness was “24 hours” - and yet Corey is inactive today. Some may not see such instances as a big deal, but I think it goes to credibility.
      Beg my indulgence to judge Staley by the number of wins he has at the end of this season. Not for calling Corey Linsley 'Day-to-day' as he should have. As I view it, the 2022 Charger squad is utilizing the Sean Payton offense along with Vic Fangio's defensive scheme, their success is directly correlated to these concepts, successfully transferred to the field. Whether or not they succeed will make for an amazing season, IMO.
      Last edited by ghost; 10-17-2022, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Thanks for the levity, Kyle.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Scotty Boy View Post
          Heaven forfend that Staley ever fail to brief opponents with everything he knows about our players health in total breadth and scope.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Heaven forfend that Staley ever fail to brief opponents with everything he knows about our players health in total breadth and scope.
            The term Coach Speak exists for a reason...

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Who? last year Staley was .529. As Chargers HC, .545. This year .600.
              this year they haven't run into the meat of their schedule....close games against lots of NFL patsies.

I don't think many here feel they don't need to step it up as the season progresses.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2021
                • Davis, CA
                • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                • Send PM

Fire TT 1st. 0-3 on new coaching hires. Please save the rest of JH's career.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Come on man. You know how it works. We’re 0-2 in games we should have won and 0-3 in games we should have won by more
                  Do they get more percentage points for winning by more points?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    Do they get more percentage points for winning by more points?
                    I have to say some of the clock management by Staley was terrible

Before the half, I believe Denver was out of time outs and it was 3rd and 17 from the 19. Against that defense, run the ball, take it down to 20 and kick the FG. Denver ended up getting three

The Ekeler play in the final two minutes - why not call time out.

But hey, they won and they won't face a better defense than that

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I have to say some of the clock management by Staley was terrible

Before the half, I believe Denver was out of time outs and it was 3rd and 17 from the 19. Against that defense, run the ball, take it down to 20 and kick the FG. Denver ended up getting three

The Ekeler play in the final two minutes - why not call time out.

But hey, they won and they won't face a better defense than that
                      Yep, disappointing, but the execution on the plays didn't help as well. Herbert wasn't confident with the targets, good job by the Broncos.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Yep, disappointing, but the execution on the plays didn't help as well. Herbert wasn't confident with the targets, good job by the Broncos.
                        I will take the win and the Chargers won't face a better defense but something for Staley to work on

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I will take the win and the Chargers won't face a better defense but something for Staley to work on
                          Chargers play at the Broncos for the season ender. We need to have cushion before that game. Hopefully the Offense is on track.

Comment

Working...
                          X