• Show
Clear All
  • CTrout
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
    This thread is silly.
    See who spent the day at Bryce Petty's proday?

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Philip Rivers not on trade block (kffl.com via Ian Rappaport)

San Diego Chargers QB Philip Rivers likely will not be traded even though he plans to play out his current contract, according to sources. The team wants to sign Rivers to a long-term contract and could use the franchise tag on him next offseason.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        Philip Rivers not on trade block (kffl.com via Ian Rappaport)

San Diego Chargers QB Philip Rivers likely will not be traded even though he plans to play out his current contract, according to sources. The team wants to sign Rivers to a long-term contract and could use the franchise tag on him next offseason.
        Has Telesco indicated that or is this the judgment of the writer?
        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Weird this is a thing.

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
            Has Telesco indicated that or is this the judgment of the writer?
            He is untradeable by virtue of his stance of not extending until the season is done. Nobody will give up anything without an extension and he'd be better off just becoming a free agent than doing a sign and trade with a loser like Tennessee.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
              It's basketball season. My son does keep me updated on Charger issues/transactions and the like.
              Well if I recall you were in favor of recouping value from a Rivers trade to rebuild the roster. Its appropriate you comment here cause now the issue is pressing with Rivers uncertainty...
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Wheels
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                This thread is silly.
                Doesn't seem that silly. I mean some reactions in this thread are a bit overboard, but normally teams and franchise QB's see eye to eye when there is a huge contract extension on the horizon. That Rivers is leery of locking anything in regarding his future with the team certainly seems newsworthy.

I personally don't think there's much to the Marriota private workout thing. Do we even use up all of our private workouts every single year?

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                  He is untradeable by virtue of his stance of not extending until the season is done. Nobody will give up anything without an extension and he'd be better off just becoming a free agent than doing a sign and trade with a loser like Tennessee.
                  Can a trade go down that is contingent upon Rivers agreeing to an extension with the other team?
                  For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                    SLAM DUNK!
                    • Jun 2013
                    • East County San Diego
                    • Bolt fanatic
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                    Can a trade go down that is contingent upon Rivers agreeing to an extension with the other team?
                    A trade could go down that involves tuna fish and dancing
                    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Sec-E4
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2014
                      • Arizona
                      • Send PM

I find it funny that Titan fans are acting snobby and are pretending that they're okay with having Zac Mettenberger as their starting QB...They talk about Rivers as of he's a 3rd tier QB. They're using the logic that Jake Locker beat us so Rivers isn't any good. Seems like they must have a lot of young fans on that Titans forum and they're fan base isn't to knowledgeable about teams other than their own.

If you haven't peeked over on the Titans forum, I suggest you do. You'll get a good laugh and a lot of face palms
                      Last edited by Sec-E4; 03-19-2015, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Den60
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                        Well if I recall you were in favor of recouping value from a Rivers trade to rebuild the roster. Its appropriate you comment here cause now the issue is pressing with Rivers uncertainty...
                        Two seasons ago. He is now older and in the last year of his contract. He has openly discussed his life after football (and I think he is brighter than Farve, OK, that was someone else's point). Since I thought that the team needed to be rebuilt the point I made was if we could get a deal similar to what Carson Palmer got Cincy or Butler got Denver if we would consider it? Of course that was viewed as heresy by many on here. We kept him, the team hasn't been a whole lot different from the Norv years in wins and losses but we did get a playoff win two seasons ago.

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
                          I find it funny that Titan fans are acting snobby and are pretending that they're okay with having Zac Mettenberger as their starting QB...They talk about Rivers as of he's a 3rd tier QB. They're using the logic that Jake Locker beat us so Rivers isn't any good. Seems like they must have a lot of young fans on that artisans forum and they're fan base isn't to knowledgeable about teams other than their own.

If you haven't peeked over on the Titans forum, I suggest you do. You'll get a good laugh and a lot of face palms
                          I think Zac is their starter next year. I think they draft Williams out of USC or trade out of the pick.

Comment

Working...
                          X