Clear All
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Depth Chart <<<So Far>>>

OFFENSE
    Oline:Dunlap, Franklin, Robinson, Watt, Fluker; Baca, Troutman, Sirles, Wiggins.
    WR:Floyd, Allen, Johnson (slot); Jones, Inman
    TE:Gates; Green, Johnson, Phillips
    QB:Rivers; Clemens
    RB:Oliver, Woodhead, Brown (or you could switch Brown and Oliver either way its a RB-B-C situation)

DEFENSE
    DL:Luiget, Lissimore, Reyes; Square, Palopei, Carrethers, Scafe, Tjong-A-Tjoe, Unrein, Mathews (maybe Mathews replaces Reyes?)
    LB:Ingram, Butler, Te'o, Attaucho; Law, T. Williams, Conner, Scioneaux
    CB:Flowers, Verrett, Robinson (nickel); S. Williams, Davis, Ducre,
    S: Weddle, Wilson; Addae, Stuckey

This is from the active roster as listed by Chargers.com. Thoughts?
    Last edited by MakoShark; 03-19-2015, 09:34 AM. Reason: Added Unrein and Robinson
    sigpic
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Oline could stand to be tightened up a bit more. RB is a big question mark. DLine is still un-inspiring. LB'ers seem very much in flux. No CB depth. In nickel, who comes in when Wilson moves to cover the slot?
    sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Tourek is the new Mouton.
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

I know its offseason and people are bored here, but I see no point in a "depth chart" exercise this early. We've only had 1 week in 1st FA period, no draft and no practices on the horizon- its just silly to me. Sure we all know there were spots we needed to upgrade and some adds/subtracts with FA so far- but I see this as more of a ROSTER of (changing) players right now than any kind of meaningful depth chart.
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• MakoShark
          Disgruntled
          • Jun 2013
          • North Alabama
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
          I know its offseason and people are bored here, but I see no point in a "depth chart" exercise this early. We've only had 1 week in 1st FA period, no draft and no practices on the horizon- its just silly to me. Sure we all know there were spots we needed to upgrade and some adds/subtracts with FA so far- but I see this as more of a ROSTER of (changing) players right now than any kind of meaningful depth chart.
          To each his own.

I'm just trying to keep an eye on the big picture. No doubt MM is already thinking about this and has guys both penciled and penned in. Some jobs are up for grabs, some guys have a job and its theirs to lose. The Defense has plenty up for debate. Its not like I can't edit the post as additions and subtractions are made, or after the draft.
          sigpic

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

On O, TT seems to be counting on Watt, Oliver, and Green to "develop" further.

D seems to be about finding the right mix on the front 7 to help minimize inconsistencies.

Other than depth signings, is TT done?
            Last edited by blueman; 03-17-2015, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• KNSD
              Registered Charger Hater
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
              OFFENSE
              Oline:Dunlap, Franklin, Robinson, Watt, Fluker; Baca, Troutman, Sirles, Wiggins.
              WR:Floyd, Allen, Johnson (slot); Jones, Inman
              TE:Gates; Green, Johnson, Phillips
              QB:Rivers; Clemens
              RB:Oliver, Woodhead, Brown (or you could switch Brown and Oliver either way its a RB-B-C situation)

DEFENSE
              DL:Luiget, Lissimore, Reyes;Square, Palopei, Carrethers, Scafe, Tjong-A-Tjoe, Mathews (maybe Mathews replaces Reyes?)
              LB:Ingram, Butler, Te'o, Attaucho;Law, T. Williams, Conner, Scioneaux
              CB:Flowers, Verrett, Wilson (slot); S. Williams, Davis, Ducre
              S: Weddle, Wilson;Addae, Stuckey

This is from the active roster as listed by Chargers.com. Thoughts?
              Need tighter format. Try this.
              Prediction:
              Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
              Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
              Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

They've pretty much been on record as saying Watt will play Center. So you can just put him there, and Troutman at RG for now.
                (I know many of you hate it, but that's how it stands at this moment.)
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• bonehead
                  Undrafted
                  • Jul 2013
                  • TBD
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                  They've pretty much been on record as saying Watt will play Center. So you can just put him there, and Troutman at RG for now.
                  (I know many of you hate it, but that's how it stands at this moment.)
                  of course that is your opinion and you could be wrong : )
                  Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• OhioBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I like the improvement of the OL with addition of Franklin, neeed some depth added
                    I like the recovery of losing Eddie Royal with signing of WR Stevee Johnson
                    I like the signing of Jacoby Jones upgrade big-time the return game and helps at WR

I don't like none of our current RBs as starter over the 16 gamee season Oliver and Woodhead are good change of pacee 3rd down recieving backs and Brown I don't know what he truly is other than unimpressive last season. With 1st round pick the Chargers select RB Todd Gurley, I would pick him over Gordon, Wisconson RB's are a product of the system and great OL look at the draft history of Wisconson RB great college production not great in the Pros, Wisconson puts good OL talent in the Pros.

I don't like no signing to improve the DL Maybe you go round one here in the draft instead of RB

I don't like we didn't get a solid Veterann LB in FA, gone Johnson(retired), gone Freeney(cut), gone Walker(cut) so where is the leadersship at LB we have a bunch of young potential LBs but no proven leader.

I would of liked one tall corner in Free agency, lossing Wright is only a loss if you look at veteran presence, his run support was good but his coverage and PI were getting bad toward the end of the season. Outside of Brandon Flower what CB has more than a year of starting experiecne? Verrett, S. Williams no not even collectively do they have 16 games starter experience.

So main concerns is DL and everday RB that the current roster doesn't have. We did do some good things in FA, but we need to hit a homerun in the DRAFT rounds 1 & 2 at DL & RB they need to be able to make an impact from day one as starters or in the lineup at least 75% of the time. Rounds 3 and up build depth best available at OL, CB, LB

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

I would of liked one tall corner in Free agency, lossing Wright is only a loss if you look at veteran presence, his run support was good but his coverage and PI were getting bad toward the end of the season. Outside of Brandon Flower what CB has more than a year of starting experiecne? Verrett, S. Williams no not even collectively do they have 16 games starter experience.
                      Who was the tall CB you wanted?

Comment

• MakoShark
                        Disgruntled
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Alabama
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                        I like the improvement of the OL with addition of Franklin, neeed some depth added
                        I like the recovery of losing Eddie Royal with signing of WR Stevee Johnson
                        I like the signing of Jacoby Jones upgrade big-time the return game and helps at WR

I don't like none of our current RBs as starter over the 16 gamee season Oliver and Woodhead are good change of pacee 3rd down recieving backs and Brown I don't know what he truly is other than unimpressive last season. With 1st round pick the Chargers select RB Todd Gurley, I would pick him over Gordon, Wisconson RB's are a product of the system and great OL look at the draft history of Wisconson RB great college production not great in the Pros, Wisconson puts good OL talent in the Pros.

I don't like no signing to improve the DL Maybe you go round one here in the draft instead of RB

I don't like we didn't get a solid Veterann LB in FA, gone Johnson(retired), gone Freeney(cut), gone Walker(cut) so where is the leadersship at LB we have a bunch of young potential LBs but no proven leader.

So main concerns is DL and everday RB that the current roster doesn't have. We did do some good things in FA, but we need to hit a homerun in the DRAFT rounds 1 & 2 at DL & RB they need to be able to make an impact from day one as starters or in the lineup at least 75% of the time. Rounds 3 and up build depth best available at OL, CB, LB
                        The Oline needs more than depth. In general terms, I still see this team as last years. Weak up the middle on both sides of the ball. Shore up the Oline and whoever our RB's are they will look that much better. Same on D. Come up with a pass rush and the secondary will be that much more effective. I just don't get all the hate Wright was receiving. All of us went through the Jammer years and we saw how much more effective he was once we got a pass rush. Wright was in that same situation and our secondary is weaker without either him or Gilchrist.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X