• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Adrian Peterson Lists Chargers as a Team He Would Like to Play For

Peterson is willing to restructure his contract in order to be traded. If that does happen, Peterson would be willing to play for the....

Dallas Cowboys
    Arizona Cardinals
    Indianapolis Colts
    San Francisco 49ers
    San Diego Chargers
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Peterson and his agent Ben Dogra are upset with the way the Vikings have treated him. That being said, it comes as no surprise that Peterson wants out of Minnesota and wants a fresh start with one of these five teams.

It’s been a known fact for a while that the Cowboys and Peterson have mutual interest in each other. Before the season, Cowboys’ owner Jerry Jones had a conversation with Peterson. In that conversation, Peterson informed Jones that he would like to finish his career as a member of the Cowboys. With the Cowboys letting their running back DeMarco Murray test free agency, it’s starting to look like the Cowboys could in fact bring in Peterson.

When the 2015 season rolls around, Peterson will be 30 years old. Considering he’s not that old, many teams are going to be interested in the prospects of bringing in a guy who is just two years removed from an MVP season where ran for over 2,000 yards.

At the end of the day, the Vikings will have the final say on whether Peterson will play for them or another team this season. If Peterson does in fact come back to Minnesota and play for them in 2015, he is scheduled to make $12.75 million, however, given the fact that he clearly wants out, Peterson is likely to play for another team next season. With free agency less than a week away, Peterson will definitely be a player to monitor.
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

What no NY Giants??? Suck it! Archie!!!
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I'd rather draft one of the top five running backs...
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• MakoShark
        Disgruntled
        • Jun 2013
        • North Alabama
        • Send PM

TT won't get in a bidding war with Jerrah. IMO, its pretty close to a lock that Peterson goes to the Cowbobs.
        sigpic

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

I would be OK with it provided we don't have to give up more then a mid round pick and provided we can slash his salary down to something reasonable (like less than half of what he was due last year). It's not that I don't think he can still do it, just that at his age, some RB tend to go downhill pretty fast, so giving up a high pick and a lot of cap space is pretty much like playing Russian roulette.

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Just say no. Not even for a 'song'. Football doesn't need the likes of Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson. It's got a bad enough rap already.

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

I would say he won't get past Jerry Jones but their cap space is so limited right now. Chargers, Colts and Buccaneers are the teams on that list with the cap space to sign him right now.

Comment

• bonehead
                Undrafted
                • Jul 2013
                • TBD
                • Retired
                • Send PM

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see the Bolts signing one top tier ***ent this year.....Bulaga, Cobb, Peterson...not gonna happen. They're setting up for 2016.
                Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

Although he's a great talent.
                  1. He's old
                  2. He hasn't played in a season
                  3. He had a complete knee reconstruction
                  4. I'm not sure he fits in the McCoy, Shotgun/Zone run offense.

I think I'd rather just pass, and let it play out another way.

That said, if they sign him, I'll cheer for him.
                  "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

The Chargers are on my list of teams I don't want AP on.
                    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                    sigpic

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                      Although he's a great talent.
                      1. He's old
                      2. He hasn't played in a season
                      3. He had a complete knee reconstruction
                      4. I'm not sure he fits in the McCoy, Shotgun/Zone run offense.
                      5. He beat his son with a stick

I think I'd rather just pass, and let it play out another way.

That said, if they sign him, I'll cheer for him.
                      Fixed it for ya. I'd never cheer for that guy. But I'm near retirement (in more ways than one), so I don't need too many more excuses before I abandon all hope.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                        Charger Fan till the end
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Carolina
                        • Send PM

Peterson would be intriguing in our offense. He's about as dynamic as you can get and would keep defenses honest. He's a vet and is well rounded.

Granted his off-the-field issue is not ideal, but i supposed there are worse offenses I can see (im not advocating switching my child but i get the underlying issue goes deeper into what's right for bringing up children is different depending on background....so i'm not as harsh on him as others as this is a real gray area....i would never have done what he did however).

I'd give a 3rd at the highest. He would be good for 3-5 years max in my opinion and would add something new to our offense teams have to gameplan for that they don't today. Matthews when playing has great ability but obviously he's rarely on the field.

Tough call. We might be able to snag a very good prospect in the 2nd or even get a top 2 RB sitting in our current position. I'd rather go OL or DL at #1 but if its BAA I'd be ok in the 1st, though i'd cringe. Top 3 picks we need an OL and a DL/LB IMO unless we lose a CB in FA.

Net is i'd be open to Peterson if the cost isnt terribly high draft pick wise. If its a 2nd or 1st they want forget it.....go young in the draft on a RB.

Comment

Working...
                        X