• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Staley wanted his own staff so I guess he wanted someone else as QB coach instead of Pep. Someone who knew the Shanahan offense in this case. It seems that Hill valued Giff Smith enough for him to stay as DL coach.

As for Day, he was there during the Super Bowl run in 2019. I think you can only do so much with an often injured Jimmy G, Nick Mullens, and CJ Beathard in 2020.
    Jimmy G threw 8 passes or so in the NFC championship game or game before. Not sure about Day

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Jimmy G threw 8 passes or so in the NFC championship game or game before. Not sure about Day
      I’m talking about the whole 2019 season. Jimmy had some great games. He’s just limited physically compared to Herbert.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
        I hope this new coaching regime has it right.. I really do. To not give Pep or Shane any credit for Herbert’s development makes no common sense to me?? Herbert certainly looked like he had strong command of that offense, which absolutely includes being coached up. Many QBs are Uber talented, but that alone does not equate to success.

Wentz come to mind. I remember a few seasons ago or so when he was actually knocking on the door as an MVP candidate before a season ending injury.. Things can change quite quickly for young QBs, even the Uber talented ones need the right coaching and culture to thrive, which can look very different depending on the QB.
        It has nothing to do with giving credit. Staley as the HC gets to pick his staff including the offensive side. I thought that was what everyone wanted since that was apparently what was holding us back: Spanos always meddling in coaching hires and staff lol.
        Last edited by Xenos; 01-28-2021, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

I know the goal is to keep JH in one system the rest of his career but I’m liking that he’ll will be exposed to multiple qb minds from a variety of different systems dating back from his 4 different college coordinators
          to Beck, Pep, Stitch, now Day, Lombardi and all through a defensive lens (Staley), it’s going to make JH a QBing savant

Darius "4.36" Davis
          top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Chaincrusher. The article said we hired Niners QB coach and Chain said he heard Pep was going there.

Sorry wasn't referring to you, I'll edit, as usual lol
            I was referring to the heading above the tweet where Fleet said "Pep to Texans", but I could see how someone reading my post could think that my use of the word "there" pertained to the team in the tweet (the 49ers) and not to the heading above the Tweet that mentioned the Texans.

That's my fault for not being clear enough.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Qb coach doesn't call the plays.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

the goal for that game was to WIN THE GAME

Kyle knew that Jimmy G could only lose the game. Packers were not stopping the run. You can't blame Day for that game. If you don't like the hire - thats fine. But that was strategic by Kyle about winning the game. It speaks nothing to the ability of Day to coach QBs and implement some of the Shanahan system. Not Shanahan not bringing back Day - that might be more telling.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

He goes to the Texans where they are in the process of possibly Trading Watson? Are they Hiring him to train the next Herbert that gets drafted there after Watson leaves. Don't know what to think about this?!?!?!?!

:dunno:
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Silversurfer
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Los Angeles
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                    He goes to the Texans where they are in the process of possibly Trading Watson? Are they Hiring him to train the next Herbert that gets drafted there after Watson leaves. Don't know what to think about this?!?!?!?!

:dunno:
                    Maybe they know they are getting Tua who cant read defenses or play concepts and need to coach his ass up.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

Maybe they know they are getting Tua who cant read defenses or play concepts and need to coach his ass up.
                      They actually might be better off with Tua and his rookie contract plus two more first round picks. Miami certainly does have the amo to trade for Watson.

:cheers:
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                      X