• Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

So far I'm unimpressed with Hill as a return man. We still have Joe Reed who was a very good return man in college on the PT. As I recall he made some decent returns early last year too. We also have Proehl and Bandy on the PT.

I also wonder if Kelly is being forgotten? He also looked good early last season. I guess the answer to my question is as long as Ek and JJ are healthy it doesn't matter. They'll get most of the touches.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Mathis is the one I’ve got my eye on. Even in the SEC he looks like a man amongst boys. Unusual functional strength and uses leverage well. He’s 6’4 +/- 310, but I think he could play NT or DE in a base 3-4. Also think his frame could handle 325 ILBs.
      Agree.
      The first two boys are big NT with some upside for inside push.
      Ridgeway is at UAR now and is ragdolling SEC OL prospects. He also tore UTX ass open.
      You can add Cory Durden and Jayden Peevy as day 3 guys that will be plus value.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• UglyTruth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2018
        • Send PM

I don’t understand signing Schofield other than Telesco wanting to bring back a face that’s familiar to him. Funny thing is that Schofield isn’t familiar to Herbert or the current coaching staff at all.

He was garbage when he was here and a big reason why the o line sucked.’

Might as well trade for Sam Tevi too then and we can get the old bunch back together on the OL.

Theres no way Norton should start this Sunday. Feiler should be moved out to RT with Jaimes filling in at LG.
        Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
        - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
        - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
        - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
        - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
          I don’t understand signing Schofield other than Telesco wanting to bring back a face that’s familiar to him. Funny thing is that Schofield isn’t familiar to Herbert or the current coaching staff at all.

Might as well trade for Sam Tevi too then and we can get the old bunch back together on the OL.

Theres no way Norton should start this Sunday. Feiler should be moved out to RT with Jaimes filling in at LG.
          I wouldn’t play him at tackle but he’s a serviceable guard. If we’re toying with the idea of putting Feiler at RT, and Jaimes isn’t ready, then Schofield would be the answer.
          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

This is not a big deal, don't get yourself in an uproar - they only expect him to be another back-up. Probably signed at vets minimum.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Schofield is better than Pipkins IMO.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                This.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  There are unsigned OL that are probably better than both IMO.

- 69-74 record
                  - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                  - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• UglyTruth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    This is not a big deal, don't get yourself in an uproar - they only expect him to be another back-up. Probably signed at vets minimum.
                    Point is they couldn’t get someone else rather than a Guggenheim who’s already showed that he sucks?

- 69-74 record

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Here now, where do we go from here is all that matters. OL should remain in tact, as is, but Norton has to have a TE shading his right side to cover edge to make sure inside gap is sealed. Sure wish McKitty would step up that’s why he was drafted.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        So far I'm unimpressed with Hill as a return man. We still have Joe Reed who was a very good return man in college on the PT. As I recall he made some decent returns early last year too. We also have Proehl and Bandy on the PT.

I also wonder if Kelly is being forgotten? He also looked good early last season. I guess the answer to my question is as long as Ek and JJ are healthy it doesn't matter. They'll get most of the touches.
                        Reed doesn’t return punts. Didn’t do it in college. Hasn’t done it in the pros. I don’t understand it. Maybe he has trouble fielding, but I can’t recall hearing that the team say he’d be a PR option. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Proehl get a shot soon. TT would be a fool if he didn’t target a PR in 2022. It’s a hole of our team.

Kelley is injury insurance.
                        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

Recent practice squad signing Ffrench returns punts.

Comment

Working...
                          X