• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Ship is sailing...it's MW over HH.
    I still think the Chargers need to extend MW or let him test the free agent market. One year at 15.7m is just bad business. Hell give him 62/5 - some of that is funny money anyway and if he doesn't take it - let him test the market. I am fine not having either back because you don't make a decision on MW just because of HH or vice versa.

EDIT: Per Ian Raport (@RapSheet)

Teams are now being informed: The cap is $182.5M.

This would put the Chargers at $27m before Trai Turner

These next few days should be crazy - time for the cuts to really start happening. Turner, Joseph and Hayward I think we will see some movement (maybe just a contract restructure for the latter 2)
    Last edited by Bolt4Knob; 03-10-2021, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

... Shaq Barrett would be a great FA signing. No?

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I still think the Chargers need to extend MW or let him test the free agent market. One year at 15.7m is just bad business. Hell give him 62/5 - some of that is funny money anyway and if he doesn't take it - let him test the market. I am fine not having either back because you don't make a decision on MW just because of HH or vice versa.

EDIT: Per Ian Raport (@RapSheet)

Teams are now being informed: The cap is $182.5M.

This would put the Chargers at $27m before Trai Turner

These next few days should be crazy - time for the cuts to really start happening. Turner, Joseph and Hayward I think we will see some movement (maybe just a contract restructure for the latter 2)
        So 27 plus Turner (11 mil?). What do they get if they shed Joseph and or Hayward??? Are we looking at having 45 Mil plus to spend?????

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

So 27 plus Turner (11 mil?). What do they get if they shed Joseph and or Hayward??? Are we looking at having 45 Mil plus to spend?????
          Correct, Turner would put it to $38m; Joseph would add $7.9 and Hayward another $9.75 - so thats close to $56. Chris Harris would be another 7.5m. Granted, you would need to spend a bunch of that money to bring in OL, DL, CB1 and CB2

Just for the record - I only include Joseph, Harris &/ or Hayward, not as much for cap space but scheme, fit and their age Do they fit the teams defense under Staley going forward. And of the three I think Joseph is probably back ahead of Harris and Hayward. But for all three - if you can find a better player that fits the scheme, maybe younger, why wouldn't you at least look into it.

The good thing - other than Turner, the other three do not need to be cut for the team to improve the roster. It does give them choices though

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Correct, Turner would put it to $38m; Joseph would add $7.9 and Hayward another $9.75 - so thats close to $56. Chris Harris would be another 7.5m. Granted, you would need to spend a bunch of that money to bring in OL, DL, CB1 and CB2

Just for the record - I only include Joseph, Harris &/ or Hayward, not as much for cap space but scheme, fit and their age Do they fit the teams defense under Staley going forward. And of the three I think Joseph is probably back ahead of Harris and Hayward. But for all three - if you can find a better player that fits the scheme, maybe younger, why wouldn't you at least look into it.

The good thing - other than Turner, the other three do not need to be cut for the team to improve the roster. It does give them choices though
            When MikeDub gets his extension hammered out, his Cap $ will reduce by $8+ in 2021.
            We will have plenty of Cap room to do whatever we want within reason.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

When MikeDub gets his extension hammered out, his Cap $ will reduce by $8+ in 2021.
              We will have plenty of Cap room to do whatever we want within reason.
              Exactly - when MW is extended - you are right - that will add at least 6m to the bucket. Its going to be an interesting and busy few days with the NFL now that the cap has been set.

And one thing with Harris and Joseph, they have $2m options that need to be exercised by the third day of the new football year - so I think thats either March 18 or March 20. So obstensibly, the Chargers could go into free agency, make their calls - and if they find better options for either player, can release them. It sucks for each player but they also knew when they signed the contracts, this was feasible and not unlikely if it were to happen.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                Ship is sailing...it's MW over HH.
                Convert MW to TE. He'd be like Waller on the Raiders

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Now THAT is an interesting idea, Jam...EXCEPT that Mike Will is only 218#...

jafar the idea has merit.jpg

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Harris has played in Fangios defense....w/ Staley as a LB coach so you really cant say he isnt a scheme fit,.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Good idea

And maybe its as simple as there aren't enough catches for Allen, Henry, Williams and Ekeler so what can you do with the offense removing MW or HH and say substituting with a blocking TE for cheap.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Except Waller weighs 255 lol.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Except Waller weighs 255 lol.
                          Oops, true dat...Mike Will at only 218# would take a beating from those 245# LB's...especially when he climbs the ladder to high-point the rock...ouch...

Comment

Working...
                          X