• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Hayward’s game started to decline 2 yrs ago. Joseph also seemed to have a lot of off snaps in the DL rotation but maybe i have a wrong impression on that. His teeth are getting long, he was ok good but no big deal. A younger Joseph v2 is not a bad idea.
    My thing is this with respect to the cap. Its fluid every year for one thing unlike the NBA and MLB with guaranteed contracts so you can make changes easier. People say "well if you cut Linval Joseph and Casey Hayward it creates two holes in your defense."Or you see whats out there in free agency and if you find better options - you sign those guys for the same or less cap dollars.

I mean, the Joseph one is tricky as I think he has a guarantee that kicks in either the day of the league year or a few days after. But today, if those two players are released the Chargers get 17m of cap space. One would hope Telesco would at least explore ways to improve those positions with younger players. I mean, first day of free agency tampering is March 15 - make a few calls - if you can improve one or both, than you release both guys. Tough business - but hey, other teams will do it

Both are free agents after this year - so if you can improve both spots this year - you look into

Also why I am just not giving MW 15.6 for one year - the market will dictate what he should be paid.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

This is for Nutty and just talking about PFF in general.

Here is another mock from their Sim and i dont get their grades. As mentioned, Stokes is ranked 74 in their top 300 board, but i got him at 47 and i get a B+ picking him earlier. Slater fell to 19( yeah sure) and ranked 12th by them and i get a B+. Creed ranked 69th, i get at 77 , B+. Tryon ranked 77, i get at 82,... C+?

PFF is a mystery. Not sure they even know what they are doing. Oh but i got an A- for the trade lol.

Screenshot_20210217-000349.png

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

This article ranks the free agents, more importantly, throws out hypothetical contract numbers.

29. John Johnson III, S

Best fits: Colts, Browns, Jaguars, Raiders, Cowboys, Giants, Washington
        Projected deal: 5-year, $50 million

Safeties can kind of run together at some point because their skill sets aren’t terribly exciting. John Johnson is a solid safety who can play in split formation well, and was a major contributor to why the defense overachieved in 2020. But valuing him is difficult because his individual production is a little overrated if just looking at the tackle numbers.

4. Trent Williams, OT

Best fits: 49ers, Bengals, Chargers
        Projected deal: 3-year, $63 million

The left tackle didn’t play a snap in 2019, then returned to his dominant form in 2020 with the 49ers. The athletic technician is one of the finest blockers in the NFL still and should age well. He’d be an upgrade for most teams in the league even at 32 years old.

There’s not a ton of money available for the position though, making his market a bit limited. Returning to Kyle Shanahan makes the most sense, but Cincinnati and the Chargers should try to pry him away as they need to help their young quarterbacks. It helps that Williams is scheme versatile and will succeed anywhere he goes.

12. Leonard Williams, DE

Best fits: Giants, Panthers, Patriots, Chargers
        Projected deal: 4-year, $69 million

Consistently winning his matchup has been Williams’ calling card since he was at USC. The high-floor run defender and splash pass rusher broke out in his first full season with the Giants, racking up an elite run stopping grade and 11.5 sacks. He can play as a 3-4 end or 4-3 tackle and make an impact.

His suitors may not expect double digit sacks every year since Williams isn’t that type of contributor, but there’s a lot to love about his game. He’ll set the tone in the trenches and make life easier for his linebackers as well as finish plays on his own.

20. Hunter Henry, TE

Best fits: Chargers, Jaguars, Patriots, Washington, Cardinals
        Projected deal: 5-year, $55 million

A complete tight end who has mostly bounced back from a torn ACL in 2018, Henry will be a splash signing for one of the many teams looking to upgrade the position. There are few impactful tight ends in the league and therefore Henry will benefit. The 26-year-old has consistently produced when he’s on the field.

He’s smooth and quick throughout his routes, allowing him to serve as a capable slot receiver or inline target. He’s not going to overhaul what an offense looks like but he’ll be a boost for a young quarterback in particular.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

I know most of us are hoping for Linsley
          I just think he has to be target number 1
          2024: Far From Over

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            https://www.google.com/amp/s/packers...y-linsley/amp/

25. Corey Linsley, C Best fits: Packers, Dolphins, Chargers, Bengals, Jaguars
            Projected deal: 4-year, $48 million

Another Packers free agent well worth signing is Linsely. The 29-year-old is a tremendously good run blocker, and able to handle his own in the passing game. He has experience in multiple systems and can immediately upgrade the interior offensive line of many teams.

The competition will be hot for Linsley thanks to a dearth of talent available on the market and a mediocre center draft class. Teams will need to strike early to steal him away from Green Bay.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

This article ranks the free agents, more importantly, throws out hypothetical contract numbers.

The Hunter and Johnson numbers were for five years - so really not too bad if you look at AAV. But probably can get Jenkins for maybe an AAV of 7.5

I am not paying that much for Scherff or Trent Williams. I will stick with the Denzelle Good or Feilers. Linsley was okay at that number. Get my LT with the 13th pick of Rd 1

I still like the idea or more mid-tier players. Role players if you will

JJ Watt 17/2 for two seems very reasonable

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Henry at that market is a go, but think we can get him cheaper.

The rest, way too much for our cap space.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

My philosophy - do your homework, let the dust settle a bit and find good solid football players. Robinson, Godwin, Trent Williams - those are some crazy numbers. Linsley is intriguing but he has to hit free agency.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

I actually didn’t realize he would be THAT expensive

no matter, this is partly why we moved on from Rivers, to afford studs when they come along
                    CL’s experience in LeFleur’s system translates well I assume to what we’re going to do
                    his experience protecting Rodgers is also translatable if you think Aaron is a good comp to Herbert which I do.

there simply is no better way to support your 2nd year smart qb than giving him a smart, experienced and talented OC
                    better than any weapon or even LT you can find
                    2024: Far From Over

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      https://www.google.com/amp/s/packers...y-linsley/amp/

I like Ted Karras better as a fit for us. Probably close to the same price (maybe a bit less). Karras is younger, stronger, and improved the Oline play on 2 different teams.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Lyth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

What is the TE tag amount?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post

What is the TE tag amount?
                          Tag is I think around 11m. I would hope they could do a long term deal.

Comment

Working...
                          X