• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Thanks Ninja, the feeling is mutual. They said I'll be gone in six months without the treatments but they could add two years with the treatments. - So, here I go - I'll be getting them until the 15th of July. Then I'll have another CT scan to see where I'm at. All the scans, x-rays, MRI, and now the radiation I should glow in the dark by the time it's over.
    Roo, wishing you the best. We’re going all the way this season so hang in there!!

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Roo, wishing you the best. We’re going all the way this season so hang in there!!
      Thanks, the outlook for the Bolts this year is a good reason to hang in there. Of course there's also a great wife, son and daughter, five grandkids, two greats and most of all my faith in Jesus Christ.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolts&noles
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Thanks Ninja, the feeling is mutual. They said I'll be gone in six months without the treatments but they could add two years with the treatments. - So, here I go - I'll be getting them until the 15th of July. Then I'll have another CT scan to see where I'm at. All the scans, x-rays, MRI, and now the radiation I should glow in the dark by the time it's over.
        I use to go on the forums along time ago.
        I always remember you .
        Hope all goes well.
        God bless.
        Go Chargers.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Prayers are with u, Roo...all we can do is leave things in the good Lord's hands...

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Your new nickname could be Chernobyl Roo.

That being said I am praying for you.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Thanks, the outlook for the Bolts this year is a good reason to hang in there. Of course there's also a great wife, son and daughter, five grandkids, two greats and most of all my faith in Jesus Christ.
              You always have your priorities in order

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Godspeed to you sir!

Sending best wishes as you go through this treatment

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Sime time ago I told you guys that I have emphysema. Since then they found out I also have lung cancer. First they said it was stage three, then they said it's worse than we thought, it's stage four. I felt doomed but my faith in God came to the front and I remembered the scripture from Philippians that says "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". I claim that scripture as my own. I turned my anxiety over to Jesus and even when they said I only have six months to live I felt strongly that God has more for me to do. I have people all over the place praying for me and Jesus is listening and my symptoms have eased up, I'm breathing better and coughing less. I believe that the radiation will reduce the size of the tumors and Jesus will give me a couple of more years. My cancer will turn out to be a testimony of what God can do for those who believe in his son.

For those of you that do not believe, I hope this doesn't offend any of you. For those that are believers - watch what God's doing for me! I'm pumped = and I'm going to enjoy our Bolts this year along with all of you. I think this team has turned the corner!

To Fleet - I just want to thank you again for this forum. Having all these great fans as friends that I can share this with is really great.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Sime time ago I told you guys that I have emphysema. Since then they found out I also have lung cancer. First they said it was stage three, then they said it's worse than we thought, it's stage four. I felt doomed but my faith in God came to the front and I remembered the scripture from Philippians that says "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". I claim that scripture as my own. I turned my anxiety over to Jesus and even when they said I only have six months to live I felt strongly that God has more for me to do. I have people all over the place praying for me and Jesus is listening and my symptoms have eased up, I'm breathing better and coughing less. I believe that the radiation will reduce the size of the tumors and Jesus will give me a couple of more years. My cancer will turn out to be a testimony of what God can do for those who believe in his son.

For those of you that do not believe, I hope this doesn't offend any of you. For those that are believers - watch what God's doing for me! I'm pumped = and I'm going to enjoy our Bolts this year along with all of you. I think this team has turned the corner!

To Fleet - I just want to thank you again for this forum. Having all these great fans as friends that I can share this with is really great.
                    Roo, you are what I strive to be in my faith.

I will keep praying for you!

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                      Lombardi is a pretty funny guy...good to see he's trying to keep them mentally loose...

Nice to get a glimpse of how Lombardi relates to the players. Looks good. The Qb coach, Shane? Looks like a cast member from Trailer Park Boys. I am sure he is a great coach, but can't get the dweeb image to go away.

Get better Roo. We are all pulling for you.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

I'm often stunned by my great good fortune in life and family in spite of my transgressions against good sense. Faith & family are awesome.

Comment

• Grinners
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

AMEN Roo!
                          Best to you and never stop believing in the Lord and in the Team!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X