• Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
    AJ Green to the Desert
    For the first time in his NFL career, A.J. Green will represent a team outside of Cincinnati. The former Bengals WR signed a deal with the Arizona Cardinals, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.
    Im telling you, Chase to the Bengals....Sewell may get within striking distance...
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I strongly disagree. Butler 1st two picks in 2002
      Tomlinson and Brees. And added Marty.
      The following year Butler passed away less than a month before the 2003 draft. Smith traded back from 15 to 30 and draft Sammy Davis. Butler would have simply drafted Troy Polamolu because he was that good at his job. And I believe it was Butler who did his homework prior to the 2003 draft and was really interested in Antonio Gates out of Kent State who Chargers got as a UDFA in 2003. They also add Kris Dielman as udfa in 2003. And Marty switch him to other side of the ball.

What could have been if Butler remained?
      Ah yes, the good old Candyman...good times...

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
        I remember screaming at the TV after we drafted Larry English in 2009. Wanted Michael Oher that year. My girlfriend thought I’d lost my shit. She was pretty much correct.
        I liked Oher even more after watching the movie blindside minus the hollywood fluff.

Comment

• eaterfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Im telling you, Chase to the Bengals....Sewell may get within striking distance...
          I really think we're underestimating the chances of ATL taking Sewell. They just pushed more of Matt Ryan's contact down the road, seemingly making a more long term commitment to him. They have Jones and Ridley. Who else are they going to take at 4? Maybe they trade down with Carolina? Maybe they take Pitts? But Sewell makes sense there, too.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

I really think we're underestimating the chances of ATL taking Sewell. They just pushed more of Matt Ryan's contact down the road, seemingly making a more long term commitment to him. They have Jones and Ridley. Who else are they going to take at 4? Maybe they trade down with Carolina? Maybe they take Pitts? But Sewell makes sense there, too.
            Thats a fair point....damn you.:cuss:
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

Thoughts on the O line. OT....what about Rick Wagner? G...... how about Kyle Long, Gabe Jackson or a cheapie like Denzelle Good?

DE I look at a guy like Kerry Hyder?

CB as I have seen a few mention, Troy Hill?

S.....I loved this guy in Atlanta......Keanu Neal? Off year last year but can lay the wood........

***(DISCLAIMER)*** I checked this morning and saw that these guys were still available. If they are not please do not flame me too bad!!!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Verrett actually played 13 games last year and was somewhat productive with 2 picks and 7 pd's...an improvement over his previous injury-plagued season with the Niners, when he played only one game all year...

https://www.nfl.com/players/jason-verrett/stats/career
                He was more than productive; San Francisco was very, very pleased with how verrett performed last year.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Send PM

Julio can’t play forever. They have two first round tackles coming into prime. Jones needs to pass the mantle to Chase.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Minnesota picking 14 - he might be there at 15. But I hope Hoodie wants to trade up and get him. 5 QBs in the first 12 picks plus Pitts, Smith, Chase, Sewell and the CBs please
                    Hoodies the type who will trade up when he absolutely has to......hell, he might even panic and get fleeced by some GM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Yup. AJ’s problem in the 2003 draft was listening to Marty and sticking to Butler’s plan. This team turned it around because of the 2004 offseason. Too bad things took a turn starting in 2007.
                      No one held a gun to his head and told him to choose Sammy Davis Jr. over Nhamdi Asomugha.....that was his mistake.
                      Schottenheimer was head of the South team during the Senior bowl: AJ got a ton of good info from Marty's coaching staff.
                      Most of the 2004 draft centered around senior bowl participants.

It took a turn for the worse because NOrv and his coaching staff came in, and AJ had another shit fight with someone else in the organization (Buddy Nix who headed out the door for Buffalo).

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                        Thoughts on the O line. OT....what about Rick Wagner? G...... how about Kyle Long, Gabe Jackson or a cheapie like Denzelle Good?

DE I look at a guy like Kerry Hyder?

CB as I have seen a few mention, Troy Hill?

S.....I loved this guy in Atlanta......Keanu Neal? Off year last year but can lay the wood........

***(DISCLAIMER)*** I checked this morning and saw that these guys were still available. If they are not please do not flame me too bad!!!
                        Keanu Neal is more SS than true FS

Troy Hill seems like a solid fit doesn't hit - Rams probably cannot afford him. I think this has a chance

So many good OL to choose from - just have to find the right fit. Good just signed back with the Raiders - I mean they had to keep somebody!

I thought of Hyder but if they are keeping Linval, plus they have Justin Jones - I am going to stick with my Morgan Fox prediction if they have room after CB, TE and more OL depth.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

DE I look at a guy like Kerry Hyder? Justin Houston - Ryan Kerrigan - DeWayne Smoot

CB as I have seen a few mention, Troy Hill? Fabian Moreau - Darquese Dennard

S.....I loved this guy in Atlanta......Keanu Neal? Off year last year but can lay the wood........ After the draft add if needed.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X