• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

It's not official so til it is, I'll hope for someone else.
    I hope so to. But I’ll trust Staley until proven otherwise.

Comment

• jox g
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
      Awful signing. I'd rather have kept Steichen and Hamilton. We also lost out on our #1 DC choice who is going to Philly.
      It looks like it but Steichen and Hamilton - old regime of "let's ALWAYS compete....and lose close games." Start fresh ma man. Start fresh. Trust in the genius coach. Not Anthony Lyyn and Spanoses choices. Thus far, he's hired SOLID coaches. 3/5 have BOTH sides of the ball experience like he does. Impressive to have a wider view of the playing field. See more, do more.
      Collectively his hires are solid. You wanna look at the group as a whole.

Besides, Coach Staley will call the D plays anyway regardless (so he can go ahead - hired Renoldo Hill - has 2 yrs experience under famed strong Fangio system + 1 yr under Flores in Mia so technically Belicheck's "grandson" on the "coaching tree".). Coach Staley will put his stamp on the D anyway.

You want to win MOST of the hires out there (others are competing too ya know.)
      Kevin O'Connel from Rams" - he only had ONE year of exp
      At least Lombardi has doubled that AND learned for 10 years under a genius HC in SP. I would rather have an experienced OC than one who never has experience. Heck, he has more experience than Steichen who now has 1.5 under his belt. Herbert learned 4 offensive systems at Oregon. He's smart enough to pick this up.
      Coach Staley will put his stamp on the Offense and how he wants it run. Remember, Coach is SMART.

Buffalo's run has ended. (You still need balance to win in this league.) Name ONE SB Champion that one with sheer passing?
      I recall the greatest show on turf - their show got cancelled by BB and a strong D. Balanced offense (yeah Brady, but they ran too)

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Joe Lombardi’s OC numbers with the Lions were pretty bad. Them’s the facts. Can’t debate it. If he does get the job, have to hope there is a good reason for it. He learned under both Payton and Caldwell.

Daboll was pretty bad in Cleveland, Miami and KC. And those fans hated the guy when he was the OC there. Daboll had below average results in Buffalo his first two years. Now he is an offensive genius.

Pep was fired as the OC for the Colts because the offense did not perform. And he had Luck and a lot of other talented players.

It’s all a crap shoot.

At least Staley is picking his own coaches.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          Joe Lombardi’s OC numbers with the Lions were pretty bad. Them’s the facts. Can’t debate it. If he does get the job, have to hope there is a good reason for it. He learned under both Payton and Caldwell.

Daboll was pretty bad in Cleveland, Miami and KC. And those fans hated the guy when he was the OC there. Daboll had below average results in Buffalo his first two years. Now he is an offensive genius.

Pep was fired as the OC for the Colts because the offense did not perform. And he had Luck and a lot of other talented players.

It’s all a crap shoot.

At least Staley is picking his own coaches.

TG
          My concern is that Lombardi had much more talent than Daboll did with the Lions. He was trying to put a square peg into a round hole as they say. My hope is that like Daboll, he grows from that past failure, take a deep look at his flaws, and take advantage of this second stint. Build a system for Herbert as opposed to the other way around. He definitely did good work with the QBs in Teddy and Taysom Hill.

Comment

• jox g
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Staley got pissed off that Mike Lombardi said he couldn’t pick his own staff. So he needed to make a point. That’s why Pep isn’t OC.
            Think so huh?

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

Think so huh?
              Nah just being sarcastic since Ugly Truth posted that video back at the beginning of this thread.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2018
                • Send PM

Staley got pissed off that Mike Lombardi said he couldn’t pick his own staff. So he needed to make a point. That’s why Pep isn’t OC.
                How mad are you that Steichen is gonna be unemployed in a few days? Are you hiring, maybe giving him a ring?
                Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• jox g
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

My concern is that Lombardi had much more talent than Daboll did with the Lions. He was trying to put a square peg into a round hole as they say. My hope is that like Daboll, he grows from that past failure, take a deep look at his flaws, and take advantage of this second stint. Build a system for Herbert as opposed to the other way around.
                  Yeah, we should all learn from our mistakes - do better to improve ourselves. Being the professional that he is, we've got to give him the benefit of the doubt that he will. Heck, this is a potential Head Coaching farm now! I'm sure all asst coaches on the BOLTS would want to get that call to be HC someday.

Hopefully, Staley will be the young version of Belicheck and win more than 6 SB's even if assistants come and go.

Comment

• jox g
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

How mad are you that Steichen is gonna be unemployed in a few days? Are you hiring, maybe giving him a ring?
                    I think he's Philly's new OC right?

Comment

• jox g
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Drew Brees (Played for Lombardi) as our QB coach! Plus, if they allow it, he can be our emergency QB. Lol.
                      Jared Cook played for both of our new coaches: Frank Smith, and Lombardi.
                      If you cut Henry, you still have the other 2 stud TE's on the BOLTS, plus a 34 y.o. "seasoned Cook" Lol. I amuse myself.

If you cut M. Williams, you bring in the Rams Free Agent Staring WR Reynolds for about $4 mil/yr. Add a John Ross for $4 mil. (You have 2 more solid WR's since MWIll gets hurt so much...also you wouldn't have to pay $13 mil or so to MW). Herbert is better than Goff so Reynolds should keep being on the rise.

Matching potential FA's with our teams that have connections with our current coaches:
                      Cordarelle Patterson can be added as a 6th WR/Returner on the cheap - he was roomies w/ Coach Staley back in the day I heard.
                      From Staley - Patterson WR, Reynolds WR, Floyd OLB, Johnson S (or keep Mr. Elite), Hill the CB, Blythe OG, Fox DE who had 6 sacks! (or keep Rochelle)
                      From Frank Smith - Jared Cook.
                      From Lombardi - Jamies Winston for one year (instead of Stick?), Then bring in MARIOTA in 2022 to replace Winston or Stick. Ty Montgomery as a #3 RB + WR depth. Lombardi will know how to use him. (At least compete w/ Joe Reed.). Saints also have a FA FB. Sign him or re-sing our FA FB.) Whoever fits best.
                      Jay Rodgers - He has an ex NT
                      Joe Barry - same as Coach Staley (Floyd)
                      Derius Swinton - Zane Gonzales K, Mike Nugent K to compete with "Mr Money" Can we PLEASE bring back the more experienced/polished KOO? Stud now. Just let Staley talk him into it.
                      Last edited by jox g; 01-24-2021, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Serious question?

I don't care if Steichen is unemployed. He will land somewhere. Maybe he can be the Lions QB coach with Lynn lol.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Serious question?

I don't care if Steichen is unemployed. He will land somewhere. Maybe he can be the Lions QB coach with Lynn lol.
                          That wasn’t even in response to you lol.
                          Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                          - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                          - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                          - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                          - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

Working...
                          X