• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Tamba Hali

Hali is in the last year of his contract, is about 30?, has a huge cap number and I think the Chiefs as of now don't even have the cap space to sign their upcoming draft picks. And they have the Ford kid from Auburn in the wings. Hali had a few injury issues the last two seasons, but he sure seems like the kind of player Telesco likes -- good teammate, no off field issues, plays hard all the time. Don't know what he would cost, but I would be happy if he got signed and Freeney moved on and the Bolts cut ties with Jarrett Johnson. Hali is a good pash rusher but also a good run defender and he would bring the leadership and vet presence lost by Freeney and Johnson leaving.

Thoughts?

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

I would love to have Hali on the team, but he's a fan favorite in KC. I would be surprised if they let him get away.

Comment

• Maverick
      (Coryellian)
      • Jun 2013
      • Point Loma
      • Send PM

Whatever it takes....

Would LOVE to see us pursue Hali. Obviously, it goes without saying that any potential deal must be mutually economically-friendly.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

They have to let him go if they want to keep Houston. I mentioned in another thread i think hes gone. And would be a good fit here.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Dallas let Ware go. Old and expensive is not a good combo in the NFL.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            They have to let him go if they want to keep Houston. I mentioned in another thread i think hes gone. And would be a good fit here.
            Yup. It's 26-year-old Houston or 30-year-old Hali. Pretty much a no brainer. I'm thinking the Franchise Tag goes on Houston, so Hali might be a casualty. And Ware was pretty effective in Denver.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
              Yup. It's 26-year-old Houston or 30-year-old Hali. Pretty much a no brainer. I'm thinking the Franchise Tag goes on Houston, so Hali might be a casualty. And Ware was pretty effective in Denver.
              However it is you keep Houston i think Hali's time in KC is up. The drafting of Ford last year was the writing on the wall for Hali. Even though i dont think Ford will be half the player Hali was.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Ware has a bad back, and missed a lot of time his last 2 seasons in Dallas, although sadly it appears to be just fine in Den.

Hali is about the same age, but I don't think he has any serious injury history, and at least this season made it through intact. people are bitching about his cap #, but at something in the neighborhood of $11-$12 mill a season it is not out of line with other top pass rushers. If we are going after a pass rusher who is any good, we have to be prepared to pay about that.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

If for no other reason, we wouldn't have to face him.

Comment

• Classic
                    Hall Of Fame
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Send PM

If we can get a good price for him. I'd love it. I think he can give us more than Freeney, while also tutoring the young guys like Attaochu and Ingram.

Would also like to see another Pass Rusher in the first three rounds.

Comment

• Sec-E4
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2014
                      • Arizona
                      • Send PM

It'd be nice to not have Hali harassing Rivers, He always finds a way to put Rivers dick in the dirt. It'd also be nice to get another all pro ex-chief to put on some Lighting Boltz

For some reason Tamba Hali's name sounds like a top R&B singer to me.
                      Last edited by Sec-E4; 01-08-2015, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• Beerman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Eastlake
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                        They don't have the room to tag him.

Comment

Working...
                        X