• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danimal
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Not sure about Sheik, but a younger relative is an outstanding Naval Officer.
    I like when Bauer goes nuts. It's not quality commentating, but entertaining none the less.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Danimal View Post
      Not sure about Sheik, but a younger relative is an outstanding Naval Officer.
      I like when Bauer goes nuts. It's not quality commentating, but entertaining none the less.
      Iron Sheik loves America. I know this because there's a movie about him on Netflix. I'd have more to say about Hank Bauer if I weren't busy with my family squeezing pennies into copper wires. Shalom now.
      Last edited by Guest; 05-16-2015, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• TABF
        Por debajo del promedio
        • Jun 2013
        • SoCal
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
        As I have said, we will know quite a bit once we see the initial reaction from the Chargers to the CSAG proposal - which needs to be out no later than Monday. I have seen nothing from the Chargers indicating that they really want to stay outside of the easily parsed statement that it was "always Dean's first intention to stay in San Diego." I do think the Chargers will be asked to put in more than $400M . Every other statement they have made has been critical of the city and CSAG and they have already said that any plan that avoids a public vote or includes financing the project via development will be unworkable.

As for Kaplan I have my doubts about any inside knowledge he professes to have and he seems to have a disjoint between his brain and his mouth but since he is saying things people on here want to hear he has suddenly become a sage on the subject.

I'm off to hit some golf balls...
        I have been touting Scott since this recent stadium BS erupted a few months ago. He is championing the shit out of this cause when most others in SD media were acting like idiots.

Scott mentioned his inside info yesterday while speaking with csag spokesperson. Scott asked him all the questions and by the responses, I think Scott has good inside info.

Comment

• TTK
          EX-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • America's Finest City
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
          I have been touting Scott since this recent stadium BS erupted a few months ago. He is championing the shit out of this cause when most others in SD media were acting like idiots.

Scott mentioned his inside info yesterday while speaking with csag spokesperson. Scott asked him all the questions and by the responses, I think Scott has good inside info.
          Tony Manolatos was stammering for ten seconds when Kaplan spilled the financial numbers.

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

Vincent Bonsignore ‏@DailyNewsVinny

Details still to come obviously, but I'm hearing announcement for San Diego stadium plan for #Chargers is coming on Monday

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
              Carson proves that the Chargers were never serious about moving to LA and that was all a desperate leverage play. Once all that information about the real ownership of the land came out about Carson a few weeks ago, Fabiani went into hiding and Spanos and the City started to meet in private. Unless someone in LA gifts Spanos a stadium for free, it just doesn't make any financial sense for them to move there.

Even gloom and doom guys like Acee are saying the CSAG is going to come up with a plan the Chargers can't refuse. The momentum is rolling not only with the public but politically as well. The only real hurdle will be the vote. I think it can be done but the Chargers need to do some good PR until then.
              I hope that is the case but I've always felt the biggest threat is two teams sharing a stadium in Inglewood.

Comment

• Den60
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

When it comes to "inside information" I would be talking about from inside the Chargers camp, not CSAG. When it comes down to it it is what the Chargers decide to do that will determine where they play in the future. As of right now I have not heard anything positive from them regarding CSAG or their plan for MV. Of course, it is possible they could be doing the "good cop, bad cop" routine with the people of San Diego but they also could be following Mel Gibson's art of negotiation (as William Wallace in Braveheart) as well.

Comment

• Faded blues
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2013
                  • Send PM

At no point had any inside information from the Chargers been positive

Comment

• TTK
                    EX-Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • America's Finest City
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                    I hope that is the case but I've always felt the biggest threat is two teams sharing a stadium in Inglewood.
                    I do think this is the biggest threat since Carson isn't happening but the problem with that theory is that there's nothing to gain for either Kroenke or Spanos to do that. Kroenke is better off owning the LA market and Spanos is better off taking a deal here in SD.

Comment

• TABF
                      Por debajo del promedio
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoCal
                      • Send PM

Den... Chargers management have been idiots in this entire process, & I think the NFL has the real final decision. A good plan by csag may sway the NFL.

My guess is that they will continue to spew negativity until (even after csag announces their plans) eventually they find a way to make themselves look good and accept the MV site.

Comment

• Faded blues
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2013
                        • Send PM

Credit to another poster

Still think the master plan is as follows

All teams stay in their cities of origin with brand new stadiums

Stan sells the Rams team to head up a new franchise in la

And a new franchise in London

Maximizes profits for all

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Den... Chargers management have been idiots in this entire process, & I think the NFL has the real final decision. A good plan by csag may sway the NFL.

My guess is that they will continue to spew negativity until (even after csag announces their plans) eventually they find a way to make themselves look good and accept the MV site.
                          Idiotic? Or pretty smart? They have gone from banging their heads against the wall for 14 years with no results to the city actually getting off their asses and finally doing something in the few months since they unleashed Fabiani with his threatening to leave media blitz. Next week will be very interesting.

Comment

Working...
                          X