Clear All
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
    You should bring this up at the fan forum meeting on the 2nd.
    I'll be on an RV road trip that week Besides, I have a hunch that fan forum will be in reality a huge bitchfest by all the haters complete with protest signs (Spanos is a Welfare Queen, Just GO Chargers!, etc.) and they will shout down and drown out anyone trying to speak in favor of any new stadium. Don't think I could stand all the negative energy.
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
      I'll be on an RV road trip that week Besides, I have a hunch that fan forum will be in reality a huge bitchfest by all the haters complete with protest signs (Spanos is a Welfare Queen, Just GO Chargers!, etc.) and they will shout down and drown out anyone trying to speak in favor of any new stadium. Don't think I could stand all the negative energy.
      My understanding is the thing is being organized by several pro-stadium alliances like Bolt-Up, Bolt Talk, and the like. It will be very PRO STADIUM and I got the feeling if any NIMBYs show up they're liable to get their heads kicked in.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I may go but I think it will be a zoo if they have it in a lounge.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

I'm hoping I don't work that day so I can get down there.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Viva Lee resistance!
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Go Rivers!

Comment

• captaind
                Cook This Pork Chops
                • Jun 2013
                • Balcony
                • Senile Agitator
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Crow View Post
                What's up, future roommates?
                You mean cellmates?

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

To Crow...
                  David White: Chargers, Raiders? Here’s what Al might say
                  BY DAVID WHITE, SPECIAL TO THE BEE
                  February 21, 2015 | Updated 1 hour ago

Raiders owner Al Davis is all smiles as he talks to reporters July 21, 1995, after NFL owners gave the franchise permission to leave Los Angeles and return to Oakland, where the Raiders spent their first 22 seasons before leaving in 1982. Two decades later, the team continues to suggest a move back to Southern California is a very real possibility.
                  BETH A. KEISER — ASSOCIATED PRESS
                  Story
                  Comments
                  We interrupt this regularly scheduled column to bring you an exclusive look at a letter sent from the late Raiders owner Al Davis to his son Mark, in regards to breaking news that The Greatness of the Raiders and Chargers wish to build a timeshare stadium in Carson.

Let’s read …

Dear Mark (pronounced MAH-k),

It’s me, your father, Mr. Davis, as you were affectionately required to call me. While lying here in my final resting place, I realized this week was the NFL Combine in Indianapolis — you know, Indy always wanted to be a Raider — so I thought I would tune into ESPN and see what their “false rumor mongerers” had to say.

Little did I know, I would soon be rolling over in my mausoleum.

I was expecting to see you in the RCA Dome, personally signing the largest quarterback and the fastest sprinter to obscene contracts that will hogtie my Raiders’ salary-cap space from now until your children’s children inherited this great franchise.

Instead, what scrolls across my screen?

You want to build a stadium in Carson and move my team back to the City of Angels, one legal brief at a time. Tears came to my eyes as I said, “That’s my boy! Stick it Rozelle, baby!”

But then, oh, the horror, the likes unexperienced since the Tuck Rule non-fumble.

That blasted Adam Schefter went on to say you want to share it with the San Diego Chargers. Share it? Chargers? Excuse me, while I puke on my white jumpsuit.

Who does the media think they’re kidding? As if my son would even consider shacking up with our archrivals in the AFC West. I am the Raiders, and I share the territorial rights to my living room with no one, is that understood?

The Chargers. I must admit, I have fond memories of my time with them when there in Los Angeles back in the early 1960s. That is where I got my professional coaching start under Sid Gilmore, inventing his offense for him and winning two straight division titles in the American Football League. But then the Chargers went to San Diego and I went to Oakland, never to be reunited again.

My Raiders have won three Super Bowls. They have won none. Our in-house propaganda film is titled, “Commitment to Excellence.” Theirs is “Lord of No Rings.”

Do these media dogs really think my son would share a 70,000-seat condo with the Chargers? What, the Donkeys up in Denver couldn’t pass a credit check to move in, too? Why not just let Marty Schottenheimer and those Chiefs sleep on the couch while we’re at this blasphemous nonsense?

No, Mark, I have the fullest confidence that you would never consider such a thing. If I didn’t trust your judgment, why else would I have let you run this proud franchise that I refused to cede control of until my dying breath, knowing all along my only ownership succession plan began and ended with me never actually dying?

What are they going to try to tell me next … that you invited Marcus Allen back to The Coliseum to light a torch in my memory? That you’re buddy-buddy with Jon Gruden again? You may as well tell me you recently interviewed Mike Shanahan (pronounced Shana-Rat) for our head-coaching opening!

Good thing you still have CEO Amy Trask around; she’ll get this all straightened out. We’ll just fire up the overhead projector and have us a press conference detailing how this all Lance Kiffin’s fault.

And go ahead and throw Rozelle under the bus, too, just for old time’s sake.

Thank you, son. Give my love to JaMarcus.

Signed,

Mr. Davis
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Like most big cities in America, San Diego has its share of problems. It has issues with gangs, poverty and income inequality. It needs to do about $2 billion worth of infrastructure repairs. It has suffered through an epic drought.
                      Either this guy is being facetious (hopefully), or he's the biggest idiot in - at least - the Western Hemisphere. So, now a football team's decision on where to play is important enough to "put aside" such issues as gangs, poverty, and income inequality. Right.

Comment

• TheDeafBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        I don't see how that works and who pays for it, but on the Aztec board it's given as almost gospel that this is what will happen.
                        The majority of posters on that board are total jackasses, and clearly delusional.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                          Either this guy is being facetious (hopefully), or he's the biggest idiot in - at least - the Western Hemisphere. So, now a football team's decision on where to play is important enough to "put aside" such issues as gangs, poverty, and income inequality. Right.
                          He explained in a tweet that the Stadium is the biggest story in scope, not the most important, in San Diego history.

Comment

Working...
                          X