• BlazingBolt
    SLAM DUNK!
    • Jun 2013
    • East County San Diego
    • Bolt fanatic
    • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
    http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...hare-in-socal/

“We have both been working in our home markets to find a stadium solution for many years, so far unsuccessfully,” the teams said.
    “We are pursuing this stadium option in Carson for one straightforward reason: If we cannot find a permanent solution in our home markets, we have no alternative but to preserve other options to guarantee the future economic viability of our franchises,” the teams said.

Note the big "IF" in that statement. Neither team is serious about moving to Carson at all. This is a desperate negotiation tactic by both teams. Might work for the Raiders, at least from reading that article, but Chargers just screwed themselves over big time. They're going to be F'd over when the Raiders get their deal in Oakland. Maybe the Charger backup plan is to move in with the Rams.
    The IF is not very big at all. There is basically no way they can fund a stadium in SD.
    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

I see no way the league will want 3 teams in LA, nor will LA be able to support 3 teams. One of the Chargers, Raiders and Rams is going to get screwed here. I still think the "loser" could end up in St Louis as they are further along than LA is in their quest for a new stadium.

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        I see no way the league will want 3 teams in LA, nor will LA be able to support 3 teams. One of the Chargers, Raiders and Rams is going to get screwed here. I still think the "loser" could end up in St Louis as they are further along than LA is in their quest for a new stadium.
        I mentioned this earlier but what could the NFL do to really stop three teams from going to LA? From all that's being said, the NFL really has no power to stop teams from moving and the owner's 3/4 vote is a joke.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
          They bought the land, hired the architects, got a whole city to be onboard. Awful big game of chicken.
          But ARE they invested in the actual property (a former toxic waste dump)? Or did they merely align themselves with a developer who actually owns it?

If they fully bought into that lot, they may be screwed if a stadium falls through.

Dumb And Dumber Properties ltd.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Faded blues
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2013
            • Send PM

I think the land deal is if we come here. It's a contingency plan. A lot of real estate deals are depended are certain scenarios playing out.

I still think the Chargers stay and the raiders and Rams go.

Comment

• KNSD
              Registered Charger Hater
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

That was quick. SDSU campus expansion here we come.
              Prediction:
              Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
              Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
              Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Faded blues
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2013
                • Send PM

That is a big peice of puzzle knsd

Chargers 200 mil
                NFL 200 mil
                Relocation cash from teams moving to la
                100 mil
                Aztecs 250 mil for Qualcomm site
                Psllll ssss 100 mil
                Bonds for the rest no taxes.

A reasonable plan that could fund a 1 nil plus facility

Comment

• KNSD
                  Registered Charger Hater
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

For $750mil they could build a nice stadium. Seattle's costs $560mil. So if SDSU is willing to purchase the land (+ stadium access) for 100 mil then you're pretty much there if the Chargers are content with a good stadium and not a Jerry Jones Disneyland stadium.
                  Prediction:
                  Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                  Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                  Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                    They bought the land, hired the architects, got a whole city to be onboard. Awful big game of chicken.
                    You'd be naiive to think this isnt coordinated by the League. There's big power there and that translates into leverage.

To me, the fact that its the Bolts-Raiders shows that its bogus on its face. 'Hey, Michigan...lets build a stadium together. -Love Ohio St'

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

The Raiders and Chargers ownership do not hate each other enough to turn away a buck. It stinks to high heaven, but ownership is more about making money than fan feelings (unless it affects business).

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Why would SDSU want to own Qualcomm? And where would they get the money?
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          The Raiders and Chargers ownership do not hate each other enough to turn away a buck. It stinks to high heaven, but ownership is more about making money than fan feelings (unless it affects business).
                          I agree. Spanos could give two shits about the rivalry. Hell, his dad used Al Davis as an unofficial advisor in the 80s, and tried to turn us into LA Raiders lite with the hiring of Raider Ort.

Comment

Working...
                          X