• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Not Safe for LA Haters: Concept video.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
      I have seen nothing from the Chargers as to data where the 25% comes from. They haven't posted that anywhere I have seen. If you have that, actual data, then please post it.

But again the point is that if you think that the Chargers will suffer financially via a move to LA I think the koolaid you're drinking is spiked with something. Their franchise immediately more than doubles in value when they do so. SD had a window to keep them but that is now closed and the Chargers no longer want a viable option to stay because that will complicate the move. One of the requirements to moving an NFL franchise is to show that you have "exhausted" any attempt to stay where you are. The Chargers can show that, more than the Rams, and now they don't wan't any last minute actions that would damage that.

There is absolutely no way they can prevent LA from correcting the mistake of a previous owner to move the Rams to where she lived and the NFL owners would like to make more money from an LA television market that dwarfs the SD market. Dean is only using the threat of a potential lawsuit to block the Rams' move as a gimmick to show that his hands are tied and he has no other choice to move the team. Fabiani has made statements to support my opinion recently.

Perhaps you think that the Chargers are just playing chicken, trying to use this to get a stadium deal here in town. I don't. Their recent statements of late are meant to ensure that no stadium deal including the Chargers will ever be made. You sure as shit don't go out and say that the stadium will likely cost much more (25-50%) than what has been previously proposed, demand public financing for the majority of it, demand that that money has to not include any "gimmick" that would evade the required 2/3rds public vote if you want to get a deal done. The task force is wasting their time and should just fold up shop and admit anything they do to try to keep the team here is DOA.
      its in several stories on the UT website right now- go look for yourself. it clearly refers to the season ticket holder base.

there's a hell of a lot of moving parts right now, and really I think the NFL will have to be the entity that sorts everything out since they purport to control the process of any team moving into the LA market- and the Chargers have repeatedly said they will abide by this process. I'm transitioning into a "wait and see" mode for the rest of the offseason as I begin my slow-developing (longer than a NOrv Turner 7 step drop pass play) move to Cortez next month.
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Wheels
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard4SanDiego View Post
        Businesses dont buy huge pieces of land to bluff. They already have the land.

Here is the thing, the Chargers have no choice but to OPT out of qualcomm next year. No way we get a deal guaranteed with the city by then, and I cant blame them.
        While I agree to an extent, the land itself has value outside of whether it's used for a stadium or not. He can sell it or develop it in some other way if his stadium isn't a go.

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
          The Rams and Jaguars were in talks about moving to L.A for awhile now....The Rams recent talk has nothing to do with the Chargers talking/worrying about losing the northern So Cal Fan base.

The scary part is that the Giants and Jets facility is working out pretty good, And not to mention the NBA with the Lakers and Clippers sharing the facility. Members here are talking about how division rivals can't/wouldn't share a facility, Yet the NBA has gotten away with it, So why wouldn't the NFL do it ? I just don't see having San Diego teaming up with the Raiders making any sense. Unless the Chargers changed their name and called themselves the LA Chargers and the Raiders would be doing the same. That's a lot of sports teams in the LA area, That's 2 MLB teams, 2 NBA teams, 2 Hockey teams and would be 2 future NFL teams.....It doesn't make sense to strip San Diego of all its sports teams. All this when it's Considered the most beautiful city in the USA

I don't think the NFL want to take SD off of the map....If you break it down, It really doesn't make any economical sense. All of this when we have a good team. In the long run, Who knows what Dean Spanos' intentions are. I recently watched the Ken Burns Baseball documentary and watched the part where the New York Giants and the Dodgers left New York. It was all about going to a place where they could make more money, They had a nice loyal fan base (But they made other excuse as to why they were moving)
          Giants and Jets facility is shared by teams in different conferences and got a huge injection of STATE funding to get it done. I believe the new Minn stadium is getting state funding help too. The structure of NBA vs. NFL business models are completely different with regards to revenue sharing, salary caps, etc.- not relevant to what is proposed for LA with Dolts & Duhs.

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
            While I agree to an extent, the land itself has value outside of whether it's used for a stadium or not. He can sell it or develop it in some other way if his stadium isn't a go.
            yep, the AG Spanos Corp can always build low income housing for gang bangers there.

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Faulconer: "that's not how you do business". No Kevin, actually, that's exactly how you do business. That's why you and your backwater council is coming out looking like buffoons, because the only business you understand is kickbacks and special interests.

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Btw, nobody at City Hall gets my vote, and I'd vote for Hitler if he were running against Faulconer.

Comment

• Wheels
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                  yep, the AG Spanos Corp can always build low income housing for gang bangers there.
                  Maybe they could build another refinery.

Comment

• sandiego17
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                    Faulconer: "that's not how you do business". No Kevin, actually, that's exactly how you do business. That's why you and your backwater council is coming out looking like buffoons, because the only business you understand is kickbacks and special interests.
                    So how do you do business Kevin? No proposal for over a decade and then come up this novel idea, a stadium task force? Kevin's business acumen aside, I do believe the Chargers are reacting to Kroenke first and the City second, but the City should not be surprised. Most saw LA as a real alternative, burying your head in the sand isn't how you do business either.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Kevin's stated priority is to repave the deteriorated streets in SD. That's where he's spending his money. And it needs to be done. But he's just stringing the Bolts along, hoping to pass the issue on to the next mayor.

And no mayoral candidate has ever campaigned on keeping the Bolts in SD. It's a losing proposition.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• TTK
                        EX-Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • America's Finest City
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                        Not Safe for LA Haters: Concept video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4pU...ature=youtu.be
                        Wow, that video is straight up awful.

People walking in the grass with their knees in the ground.
                        Cars in the parking lot driving through other cars.
                        The parking lot is made of grass?
                        The stadium is never shown with people in the seats.
                        The stadium and team colors on the video screen are red.
                        "Los Angeles Stadium"??

I guess they had to save some money for the new stadium and farm this out to some sweatshop third world group.

Comment

• TTK
                          EX-Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • America's Finest City
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                          Build stadium by yourself in SD. Cost $1Billion.

Build stadium in Carson with an equal partner. Cost $1.7billion/2 = $850Million

Which is cheaper?
                          But how can either team afford this? Spanos is supposedly only offering $100 to $200 million for a stadium here. Neither owner has that kind of cash.

Comment

Working...
                          X