• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
    Sounds like BS to me- but I guess if they make a joint announcement Friday like the story claims it will have legs. Can't see the NFL allowing 2 AFC teams in the same city. They've always wanted 1 AFC and 1 NFC team there. If I'm Faulconer and this turns out to be true, I tell Spanos he can eat shit and go when the lease is up or his new house is ready- but we're going to sue to keep the name SAN DIEGO CHARGERS just like Cleveland did successfully with the name Browns. Then get in Gooddell's ear about an expansion team for SD and start looking for true MULTI-billionaires interested in bringing a new team to America's Finest City and building a new state of the art facility in Mission Valley with help from the city & county- or pay for 1 himself anywhere else he can buy enough land while the city & county help him with permitting and environmental reports to fast track it. Hell, maybe go talk to Carlos Slim and have him build a stadium for both NFL & soccer and really take over the Mexican market along with stealing most of the Hispanic fans from LA.
    No multi-billionaire "out of towner" is going to move or bring a team to SD. Why the hell would he? You have an unco-operative local government and too much red tape to get a stadium. Why would he build his own? No other multi-billionaire has privately funded a stadium. No PSLs, no strong local corporate base, no strong fan support for tickets ( dodging blackouts all the time). I just don't see it happening. Yes SD is the finest city in America. Yes it has a strong core base (but not large enough). That doesn't make it a good decision financially to pour a billion plus into a stadium and infrastructure. How many people in SD are going to pay the costs of attending a game like those in SF new digs? Not bloody many IMO.

Comment

• Faded blues
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2013
      • Send PM

Lol Carson

Just as far away as San diego

Bottom line

The Chargers stay

Comment

• Faded blues
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2013
        • Send PM

Acee has an article written already

Fucking assholes just let the mayor know right before the story went live.

Bad move that will back fire.

They would still need an initiative on the ballot .

Not in time before the Rams move

Comment

• Peremptor
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2013
          • Send PM

Well this blows but thats the way of it. I got other stuff to obsess about that isn't sports related.

Comment

• Faded blues
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2013
            • Send PM

Falconer needs to put a solid proposal on the table so the Chargers have to make a move

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

This makes no sense. "Privately financed by the Raiders and Chargers"?

Three teams in LA? lol What is the NFL going to do about this?

Also, having two teams from the same division playing in the same stadium seems really bizarre.

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
                Lol Carson

Just as far away as San diego

Bottom line

The Chargers stay
                I think you're whistling past the graveyard. With this announcement they are already farther along than San Diego.

Comment

• captaind
                  Cook This Pork Chops
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Balcony
                  • Senile Agitator
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post

Also, having two teams from the same division playing in the same stadium seems really bizarre.
                  Goodell will flip a coin.

In his office.

With no one else around.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post

I do think it would bring about a change in conference for one team.
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• captaind
                      Cook This Pork Chops
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Balcony
                      • Senile Agitator
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                      Chargers, Raiders propose shared NFL stadium in Carson
                      Isn't there some reference to this in the book of Revelations? Good & evil colliding, hailstorms, bloody water and Demi Moore giving birth to a soulless doppelganger?

Comment

• Peremptor
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2013
                        • Send PM

NFC LA Whale Vaginas you know to let everyone know about their roots.

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                          I do think it would bring about a change in conference for one team.
                          Maybe two. Seahawks back in the AFC in trade for one of the new LA teams?

Comment

Working...
                          X