First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

The Clippers were never taken seriously because of their owner. Once they get players and start winning, the fans flock to see them.

The same thing was said about the Raiders, nobody would support them. A year later they win the Super Bowl and suddenly LA is Raiders country.

All they need to do is win.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
      I'm still curious what kind of deal Spanos would have to make with Kroenke to share that stadium. I still can't believe Kroenke would pay for the stadium himself and share it with Spanos for little to nothing.
      I'm sure it won't be for little to nothing!

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        Why not with Kroenke? They were discussing it on the radio yesterday and even if they were just a tenant in a stadium built and owned by Kroenke, they'd still make more money up there than they do now in the Q.

If Fabiani is saying what Dean wants him to (and you know he is) than what difference would it make speaking directly with him? Dean doesn't seem like a guy who likes or can handle confrontations (i.e. AJ vs Marty) so I'm sure that is why Fabiani is doing the dirty work now.
        because Kroeneke already said from the beginning he will not share his stadium with another team- period. People can talk on the radio about it all they want but it don't mean squat- just idle speculation for listeners. Explain how you think the Chargers would make more $ renting in LA than in SD after they lose their fan base and legacy merchandising sales, etc. I'd love to see some numbers comparing the scenarios of what they make now vs a blind move to rental tenants in a stadium they don't own in LA.

And the reason Deano needs to go public is because the vast majority of San Diegans think he personally has billions in the bank as an evil out of town corporate owner who is only trying to rape the SD taxpayers out of money that should go to infrastructure and the homeless, etc. and his ONLY motivation is GREED! If he has ANY chance of turning that perception around, he needs to humanize the issue by putting him and his family's "I live here and love San Diego" story out there instead of hiding behind a sleazy lawyer mouthpiece to do his dirtywork.
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
          because Kroeneke already said from the beginning he will not share his stadium with another team- period. People can talk on the radio about it all they want but it don't mean squat- just idle speculation for listeners.
          St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke's plan to build an NFL stadium in Inglewood has gone a long way toward ending the NFL's 20-year absence from the Los Angeles area. Albert Breer reports.

Kroenke is also amenable to the idea of having a second team as part of the project, according to a source, which would help the NFL make the most of the effort.
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
            because Kroeneke already said from the beginning he will not share his stadium with another team- period. People can talk on the radio about it all they want but it don't mean squat- just idle speculation for listeners. Explain how you think the Chargers would make more $ renting in LA than in SD after they lose their fan base and legacy merchandising sales, etc. I'd love to see some numbers comparing the scenarios of what they make now vs a blind move to rental tenants in a stadium they don't own in LA.

And the reason Deano needs to go public is because the vast majority of San Diegans think he personally has billions in the bank as an evil out of town corporate owner who is only trying to rape the SD taxpayers out of money that should go to infrastructure and the homeless, etc. and his ONLY motivation is GREED! If he has ANY chance of turning that perception around, he needs to humanize the issue by putting him and his family's "I live here and love San Diego" story out there instead of hiding behind a sleazy lawyer mouthpiece to do his dirtywork.
            Agree 1000%.

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
              The Clippers were never taken seriously because of their owner. Once they get players and start winning, the fans flock to see them.

The same thing was said about the Raiders, nobody would support them. A year later they win the Super Bowl and suddenly LA is Raiders country.

So in other words, if they move, it probably wouldn't happen anytime soon, just like with the Clippers.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                So in other words, if they move, it probably wouldn't happen anytime soon, just like with the Clippers.
                Spanos = Sterling?
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• TTK
                  EX-Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • America's Finest City
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                  Spanos = Sterling?
                  Originally posted by 6025 View Post

I don't know if I see the Chargers winning a Super Bowl anytime soon especially since we don't know how many more years Rivers will play.

Also, Spanos isn't very well respected anyway.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I'd say 2 billion is taking the Clippers seriously.
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

No doubt LA has a higher ceiling, Chargers (and Clippers) futility notwithstanding. My only point is it is not impossible for the Chargers to increase their fan base by moving. I actually think it would be probable.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Chargers owner Dean Spanos agrees to meet with San Diego mayor

By Eric D. Williams | February 19, 2015 12:15:06 AM PST
                        SAN DIEGO -- Dean Spanos, the president and owner of the San Diego Chargers, accepted an invitation by San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer to meet and discuss building a new stadium in San Diego.

Mark Fabiani, the point person on the stadium issue for the Chargers, confirmed that the two will meet, but that a date or place for the meeting has not been arranged.

"Dean has met with the Mayor before, and of course we have met many times with the mayor and his staff," Fabiani said. "Dean would be happy to meet with the mayor again. The meeting is in the process of being scheduled."

After two days of public bickering between representatives of the Chargers and the mayor's office, Faulconer sent a letter to Spanos on Tuesday asking for a one-on-one sit down to smooth over some of the contentious issues.

"Since I came into office 11 months ago I have expressed to you my commitment to creating a stadium plan that would benefit San Diego residents, the Chargers and fans," Faulconer wrote in the letter. "That remains my intention, and I hope we can work together. I would be happy to discuss this with you one-on-one, without any advisors or staff, to determine how we can best move forward to keep the Chargers in San Diego."

Also on Tuesday, the citizens’ stadium advisory group announced that it will hold a public forum on March 2 in one of the club lounges at Qualcomm Stadium, from 6 to 9 p.m.

Do Fibi has a bigger dick than Faulkner...
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                          Grammar Police
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Meaning Faulkner wants a call off your dog meeting...
                          Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                          X