• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Den60
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
    Idiotic....they'll build a stadium on the moon before they build one on that craphole in Carson
    Unfortunately, the moon might be slightly ahead of building one here. As I have said the Chargers response to CSAG's proposal whould be indicative to their desire to get something done here. I wouldn't view this as positive. Perhaps Fabiani's "excitement" was more to the fact he doesn't feel the need to have to lie anymore?

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
      Unfortunately, the moon might be slightly ahead of building one here. As I have said the Chargers response to CSAG's proposal whould be indicative to their desire to get something done here. I wouldn't view this as positive. Perhaps Fabiani's "excitement" was more to the fact he doesn't feel the need to have to lie anymore?
      To me, the desperation being showed by the Chargers is a good thing as far as the overall goal (getting a new stadium) because it shows that they have to cling to Carson for any last remaining leverage.

I can understand how it would upset Charger fans though. It is pretty much a slap to the face on otherwise such a positive day.

Comment

• Den60
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
        To me, the desperation being showed by the Chargers is a good thing as far as the overall goal (getting a new stadium) because it shows that they have to cling to Carson for any last remaining leverage.

I can understand how it would upset Charger fans though. It is pretty much a slap to the face on otherwise such a positive day.
        You know, if my drier could spin like you do my loads would get done in half the time.

For me I was expecting the Chargers to counter with $200M from them, $200M from the NFL and $500K rent per game for 20 years if they wanted to say "no" and act like they were negotiating. This is, well, a bit less than that.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

He may well be right Den. CSAG put the leverage in the cities hands the chargers countermoves could be defensive for leverage in negotiations with the city just like they could be defacto moves to provide the team a home if they can not make San Diego work.
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• Den60
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I expect when the Chargers do issue their statement in regards to CSAG's proposal they will say that it was done for "political cover" and that it wasn't a reasonable attempt by the city to get anything done to keep the team here. Fabiani will likely enjoy writing it.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

As long as the statement ends with the term but we will begin negotiation with the city in an attempt to stay.... Then this is all pre negotiation posturing.

Don't fall for it.
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• TTK
                EX-Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • America's Finest City
                • Send PM

I expect when the Chargers do issue their statement in regards to CSAG's proposal they will say that it was done for "political cover" and that it wasn't a reasonable attempt by the city to get anything done to keep the team here. Fabiani will likely enjoy writing it.
                Fabiani may very well do that but what's the end game? Don't tell me you think Carson is still real.

The city wants to keep the Chargers and the Chargers want to stay here. I think the proposal is a very good one for the city so of course the Chargers aren't going to like it but in the end, they're going to sit down at the table and figure something out. The question is who gives in the most?

Comment

• Faded blues
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2013
                  • Send PM

Seriously den,

You clamor to negativity but offer little objectiveness.

The NFL has stated there will not e stadiums in la

So choose

Carson
                  Or inglewood

It's an obvious choice

From there answer this question

Sole owner
                  Or

Then

You realize the Chargers are staying

You know the hired a crook because the other crook is being sued for sexual harassment.

Hiring policy is akin to bring Magic Johnson for aeg.

Look at the history of your posts and show one positive post?

Comment

• KNSD
                    Registered Charger Hater
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Hey, I think this is all rainbows and unicorns. The Chargers are just playing hard to get.
                    I heard that reach arounds, rainbows and unicorns go well together.
                    Prediction:
                    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• TABF
                      Por debajo del promedio
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoCal
                      • Send PM

Where are they going Den?

You keep playing the other side on this topic, but you are non committal as well. Where are the Chargers going if not San Diego?
                      • Carson is the moon when he comes to being ready for a NFL Stadium.
                      • Kronke's partner in Inglewood seems more likely than Carson and that has not been mentioned once by anyone involved.
                      • Nothing has passed any test in LA thus far, and lots of people, with lots of deep pockets have been flirting w/LA and the NFL for the past 10 years (AEG).

Again, I ask you... What in your opinion is the Chargers plan 'A' and why?

Comment

• bonehead
                        Undrafted
                        • Jul 2013
                        • TBD
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
                        I heard that reach arounds, rainbows and unicorns go well together.
                        unless your the unicorn
                        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Den60
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
                          Where are they going Den?

You keep playing the other side on this topic, but you are non committal as well. Where are the Chargers going if not San Diego?
                          • Carson is the moon when he comes to being ready for a NFL Stadium.
                          • Kronke's partner in Inglewood seems more likely than Carson and that has not been mentioned once by anyone involved.
                          • Nothing has passed any test in LA thus far, and lots of people, with lots of deep pockets have been flirting w/LA and the NFL for the past 10 years (AEG).

Again, I ask you... What in your opinion is the Chargers plan 'A' and why?
                          Even Kaplan has tweeted criticizing the Chargers moves post conference: https://twitter.com/scottkaplan

I am still waiting for the Chargers official response but I read on another board that Kaplan has spoken with someone in Chargers camp and they considER THE CSAG proposal DOA. As I said, this appears to be a better deal for the city than the Chargers and it appears to be much less than what other cities have had to do to retain their teams.

You say that LA is not an option for them. We will have to see.

Comment

Working...
                          X