Clear All
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
    It also depends on how they feel the likelihood that they can actually get a stadium approved here. The reason why they don't want a plan that doesn't require a public vote is because the city tried to do that with the convention center expansion and it was ruled unconstitutional. They have even gone so far to say they want it subject to a 2/3s majority. You couldn't get 2/3s of the public to approve a one night work permit for Santa Claus here. They might prefer a $1.1-1.2B stadium here in town in which they only have to fork over $400M but if the possibility of that deal actually coming to fruition is low then they are better off being the second tenant in LA. Hell, with luxury box sales they may still be better off financially in LA than SD. And they have said that they cannot survive in SD if a team or teams moves north. I'm not sure if a new stadium changes that opinion.

Like I said the CSAG proposal is not near as important as will be the Chargers' reaction to it.
    And I say that is 100% bullshit. There has been at least 1 and at times 2 teams in LA up until 20 years ago when the Rams left- including while The Spani have owned the club. Never had anyone said a peep about survivability in the SD market with those teams in LA. What changed in the last 20 years to skew the market like that? NOTHING!. The team itself repeatedly said 25% of its season ticket holders are from OC on up. We're talking less than 15,000 season ticket holders there, and you can bet many of them were never hard core Chargers fans before the Raiders and Rams left LA and would abandon the Bolts if ANY team comes back to LA. Hell, there's at least 15,000 non Charger fans in the seats for most AFCWest games and games with Indy, Green Bay, SF, any presiding Super Bowl champ- and most contending teams in the AFC.

I don't know why you are giving so much credit to the team's statements since this heated up- most of them don't pass the smell test.
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Den60
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
      And I say that is 100% bullshit. There has been at least 1 and at times 2 teams in LA up until 20 years ago when the Rams left- including while The Spani have owned the club. Never had anyone said a peep about survivability in the SD market with those teams in LA. What changed in the last 20 years to skew the market like that? NOTHING!. The team itself repeatedly said 25% of its season ticket holders are from OC on up. We're talking less than 15,000 season ticket holders there, and you can bet many of them were never hard core Chargers fans before the Raiders and Rams left LA and would abandon the Bolts if ANY team comes back to LA. Hell, there's at least 15,000 non Charger fans in the seats for most AFCWest games and games with Indy, Green Bay, SF, any presiding Super Bowl champ- and most contending teams in the AFC.

I don't know why you are giving so much credit to the team's statements since this heated up- most of them don't pass the smell test.
      As I said, I am just going by what was said. I suppose one could have the opinion that they know what they really mean but to me that is little better than a WAG.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
        This also works the other way - you can't out and out dismiss every single thing the team or anyone else says about a possible relocation just because you don't like the message.

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Yep even if the message is: we are going to build a stadium on a polluted, carcinogenic, poisonous cancer-causing piece of condemned land oh......and share it with the Raiders
          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Mars
            • Ball Holder
            • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
            Yep even if the message is: we are going to build a stadium on a polluted, carcinogenic, poisonous cancer-causing piece of condemned land oh......and share it with the Raiders
            You left out the $1,700,000,000.00 part.

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

Last edited by TTK; 05-18-2015, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

You slutty little tease
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• Savage Lizard
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Big Bear
                  • Self-employed property manager.
                  • Send PM

Not everything can be puppies, rainbows and butterflies.
                  Not everything, but it seems like you never have a puppy, rainbow, or butterfly.

Comment

• Faded blues
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2013
                    • Send PM

heres the news

chargers and raiders have closed escrow on 11 acres of land in carson but will not purchase the other 157 acres due to concerns over contamination.

Vincent is a buffoon.

Comment

• Faded blues
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2013
                      • Send PM

This whole thing is old.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

In regards to your sig, I do wish it would rain more. Sorry if adding comments that don't gloss over the negatives makes you upset. Not everything can be puppies, rainbows and butterflies.
                        Its also a pretty one sided discussion if we all agree and have the same opinions on everything...
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                          Grammar Police
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

That and rainbow chasers never catch the rainbow so aren't we we all akin to rainbow chasers? Unicorns don't exist but girls like them, so whatever that means, and Puppy's are great once potty trained. I'd say Den is potty trained, but I'm struggling with that if you ask Fleet.

TWEET
                          COMMENT

Ops I did it again...
                          Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                          X