• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Den60
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
    I do think this is the biggest threat since Carson isn't happening but the problem with that theory is that there's nothing to gain for either Kroenke or Spanos to do that. Kroenke is better off owning the LA market and Spanos is better off taking a deal here in SD.
    http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...#ixzz3aVTQwR5J

"We've hired the best experts in the world; we couldn't figure it out in Mission Valley. Now that doesn't mean that a brand-new set of eyes can't come into this and figure it out in a different way. If they do, we'll be the happiest people in the world." Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...#ixzz3aVTfNgGXhttp://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/...diego-fabiani/which has to get the support of the team, in my opinion," Grubman said. "It has to have funding sources that are identified, and if those funding sources require a vote, then you have to go get the vote. And to wait until the end of next year to get the vote it seems to me to be very risky."

Falconer:

"His (Fabiani's) divisive tone and criticism of this group of volunteers, civic leaders and the city of San Diego as a whole are not conducive to developing a plan for a new stadium," Faulconer wrote. "I hope his behavior is not indicative of our ability to find a solution."

If the tone from the Chargers doesn't change for the better, and do so quickly, then I am not bullish on them being here in 2016. In fact, using Fabiani's own words, the Chargers should come out as "the happiest people in the world" if they think the MV plan to be released today has merit.

Comment

• sandiego17
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
      Previous city leadership is to blame, not the current leadership. I understand hard ball, but this is almost d!ck ball.
      But even current leadership punted with a task force and timeline that called for October or whatever until hard ball, dick ball, whatever you want to call it started. Something needed to kick the city into gear and that includes current leadership. Hopefully it all works for the best and the team is in SD for the long run.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
        Fabs is the voice of the Chargers... One in the same. Carson IMO is a last resort, hail Mary for the Chargers. Nobody wants to hang their hats on Carson, not even people from Carson.

The Chargers want this to work in SD but, it's not in their script (*YET)... Their acceptance of the plan comes in episode 11 (Mid June).
        They are one voice as I am quite sure Fabiani is following a very carefully thought out script that has the team's blessing. But Fabiani is the one front and center and the one most people seem to be directing their ire at.

I have read those same articles Den60 posted and it sure seems like the Chargers have made it very clear that they don't think the development idea for funding is acceptable. It will be interesting to see if the team was bluffing about that or they reject the idea very quickly. If they do reject it, I would not be surprised to see a quick teaming agreement with Kroenke.

Comment

• TABF
          Por debajo del promedio
          • Jun 2013
          • SoCal
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          They are one voice as I am quite sure Fabiani is following a very carefully thought out script that has the team's blessing. But Fabiani is the one front and center and the one most people seem to be directing their ire at.

I have read those same articles Den60 posted and it sure seems like the Chargers have made it very clear that they don't think the development idea for funding is acceptable. It will be interesting to see if the team was bluffing about that or they reject the idea very quickly. If they do reject it, I would not be surprised to see a quick teaming agreement with Kroenke.
          I have read every article on this stadium project. Had CSAG picked DT as their site the Chargers would have had a counterpoint to that as well. There are several different entities in play here and all but one has moved on from the 14 year bust. The Chargers will either move on by accepting the CSAG plan (After it has been dialed in), or they will move on in LA (carson, kronke, whatever)...

The only scenario that sells product and puts butts in the seats is San Diego. LA does not want a Charger team there... Empty 70k seat stadiums do not play well on TV or in the league office. In the end, the NFL is about teams and fans (More specifically, its fans spending money). Everything is geared towards that and only that...

Comment

• KNSD
            Registered Charger Hater
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

It doesn't matter what they think. The only thing that matters is what they do. Their choices are:
            1. Move to toxic dump (Carson), be in debt to Goldman-Sachs for 50 years.
            2. Be second tenant (reduced revenue, be the NFL equivalent of the Clippers) to the Rams.
            3. Stay in San Diego and wait for "less than ideal" plan to come together..

We shall see what the Chargers decide to do.
            Prediction:
            Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
            Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
            Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

I just can't believe Kroenke wants to share a stadium with anyone, it's ridiculous..he can afford the whole damn thing and get all of the revenue.
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• TTK
                EX-Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • America's Finest City
                • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                I just can't believe Kroenke wants to share a stadium with anyone, it's ridiculous..he can afford the whole damn thing and get all of the revenue.
                Kroenke renting out his stadium to Spanos when he has no reason or incentive to and Spanos accepting such a losing proposal (where's the money for him to make in all of that?) is much more far fetched than striking a deal with the city here.

I even expect the Chargers to not be thrilled with the CSAG proposal today and keep spinning the Carson scenario but in the end they'll sit down and negotiate because what other viable choice do they have?

Comment

• UtahBolt
                  Did we win?
                  • Jun 2013
                  • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                  • Send PM

Unless Kroenke is able to arrange that he gets all profits for his 10 home games and gets even 10% of profit for the tenant's home games. In that scenario, why would he not want to share the stadium? His stadium can only be occupied for half of the NFL season.
                  I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• KNSD
                    Registered Charger Hater
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                    Unless Kroenke is able to arrange that he gets all profits for his 10 home games and gets even 10% of profit for the tenant's home games. In that scenario, why would he not want to share the stadium? His stadium can only be occupied for half of the NFL season.
                    Why would the Chargers take that deal?
                    Prediction:
                    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• TTK
                      EX-Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • America's Finest City
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
                      Why would the Chargers take that deal?
                      Exactly.

Comment

• Faded blues
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                        Exactly.
                        The most important aspect from this article is that the chargers and csag have been involved in negotiations already.

The chargers already have seen this plan, and by entering negotiations are tacitly implying a desire to stay.

They already know that it will involve redevelopment money.

---------------

Den

its sunny today.

den responds, "I wish it was raining."

Den

its raining to day.

Den responds, "I wish it were sunny."

Dude, I have never ever read a post from you that was positive in nature. It must suck to live in your world.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                          Grammar Police
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

The idea is to create a perception that it is a horse race and in reality San Diego is the only horse in the race. I think a good job has been done creating urgency in order to move a cohesive effort forward that would not have budged without the perception of possible loss.

I think some want to point to Kreonki as the wire to wire winning horse but in reality we were not in the race to LA we just want to use the prevailing environment to get a deal in SD.
                          Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                          X