• Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

We can dream

From ESPN's recap of the Cowboys/Lions game:

"Romo took the Cowboys 59 yards in 11 plays, including a 21-yard pass to Jason Witten on fourth-and-6. The winner to Williams was an 8-yarder after Romo had several seconds to throw behind an offensive line among the league's best because Dallas has drafted linemen in the first round three of the past four years."

Wonder what that must feel like. I have no clue.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

"Romo took the Cowboys 59 yards in 11 plays, including a 21-yard pass to Jason Witten on fourth-and-6. The winner to Williams was an 8-yarder after Romo had several seconds to throw behind an offensive line among the league's best because Dallas has drafted linemen in the first round three of the past four years."

He had several seconds to throw the ball because there were absolutely blatant offensive holdings that went uncalled the entire drive....including a hands to the face+hold on the play where they called Detroit for a rightful defensive holding call. Seriously, their OLINE got worked over in that game. However, I will agree they are a very good line. You also have to take into account that it is very rare to hit on 3 first round lineman in a row. Very rare.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

That matchup in the trenches was fun to watch.
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

DJ Fluker what round? Watt, way round? Year three we shall see...
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

I will say that "great" young line got pushed around for most of that game and if not for a really bad call, likely would have lost that game.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

'Bad call' squwak is pretty silly in context. Dallas had a lot of bad calls against them in the first half.

Then there is...

FG
            Punt
            Punt
            Fumble
            Fumble

Comment

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
              'Bad call' squwak is pretty silly in context. Dallas had a lot of bad calls against them in the first half.

Then there is...

FG
              Punt
              Punt
              Fumble
              Fumble
              I wouldn't poo-pah the officiating issues.

One day when we are good enough in a close game in the playoffs and the refs blow a huge call it could cost us a championship.

It may not have been a conscious conspiracy or fraud. But I believe every bit in favoritism. These types of calls just don't seem to go in the direction of the Pats, Steelers, Giants, Cowboys.

These men need to be held accountable for fucking up on the job or nothing will change. The league doesn't want it to change.

Tuck Rule, Big Ben Superbowl Goalline TD vs Seahawks, Steeler last second TD vs Cardinals in the SB. I dont think the same goes for the bottom tier teams sorry.

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

One thing to keep in mind is how bad many thought the DAL OL was going into this seasons draft. Last year, their OL play had a lot to do with their offensive inconsistency last year. This year, they were able to keep consistently moving the ball in the ground and taking pressure off of Romo, they looked like a new team. But they added Martin in the 1st round this year and the OL blossomed.

The parallel that I am trying to draw is that there is sometimes sort of a synergy that a single player can bring that has all the pieces falling together and finally a bad line looks a lot better. Not saying it will necessarily happen to us, but upgrade a couple of spots, maybe the guys we have play more like MM and TT 1st season then this past season.

As far as the game went, the officiating is somewhat a matter of opinion. But had Dallas not played very good team D, not given up any long plays (after the 1st qtr), they would have been out of position to capitalize on those penalties, even though overall Det D played a lot better and Det has a lot more top caliber players then Dallas does.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    I will say that "great" young line got pushed around for most of that game and if not for a really bad call, likely would have lost that game.
                    Read an article comparing the call to the tuck rule and the immaculate reception
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

interference disappearance

Comment

• FiftyFive
                        Dean Spanos is a traitor!
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Send PM

Um, anyone who actually watched that game knows that their O-line did not play well at all. If anything, that game works against the narrative that everyone else on this team should be exempt from any blame entirely because the O-line underperformed.

Comment

Working...
                        X