• Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Hmmm...

Go Rivers!
  • homeless simpson
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I disagree with the opinion that they've already accomplished a strong foundation so we only need a few pieces.

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Whine whine whine. Give the staff time to figure out what to do for next season. Sheesh.

Comment

• MassGeneralBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

The problem is Telesco misusing the word foundation to represent players not quitting on the coach. I think despite how much I despised the Norv Hire the team never quit on him either . Yes there were games that team seemed like never got off the bus but over the last couple years there also have been games where we've come out flat. Norv for the most part took over one of the more talented teams . McCoy imo has taken one of the least talented teams outside qb and a few other spots . Watching these playoff games over and over again over the years this game pretty damn simple no matter how complex the coordinators make it, still comes down to play in the traches. Can you run the ball effectively , can you stop the run and pressure the opposing qb with 4-5 rushers ?Teams that do this well win in the playoffs . Until Telesco builds a team that's stout in the trenches there is no foundation to speak of.

Comment

• TTK
          EX-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • America's Finest City
          • Send PM

Originally posted by MassGeneralBolt View Post
          The problem is Telesco misusing the word foundation to represent players not quitting on the coach. I think despite how much I despised the Norv Hire the team never quit on him either . Yes there were games that team seemed like never got off the bus but over the last couple years there also have been games where we've come out flat. Norv for the most part took over one of the more talented teams . McCoy imo has taken one of the least talented teams outside qb and a few other spots . Watching these playoff games over and over again over the years this game pretty damn simple no matter how complex the coordinators make it, still comes down to play in the traches. Can you run the ball effectively , can you stop the run and pressure the opposing qb with 4-5 rushers ?Teams that do this well win in the playoffs . Until Telesco builds a team that's stout in the trenches there is no foundation to speak of.
          Given the state of the roster when TT took over and the poor cap situation, and now seeing how a number of AJ's picks just aren't panning out, I think he's done a pretty good job overall but his draft picks just need to stay healthy next year. This is the year he finally has some money to spend so let's just wait and see what happens.

As for all the stuff he said in his presser, that's just "coach speak". I take all that stuff with a grain of salt. I highly doubt that's how he truly feels. And the same goes for MM and what he said.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

The team was gutted when TT took over IMO: any time you have a spirited discussion like we did last offseason about whether or not not a player like Tutu can be an effective starter = gutted.

Comment

• SDFan
              Woober Goober
              • Jun 2013
              • Dolores, CO
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              The team was gutted when TT took over IMO: any time you have a spirited discussion like we did last offseason about whether or not not a player like Tutu can be an effective starter = gutted.
              seems to me, YOU were the only 1 having that particular discussion. The more pragmatic of us here were arguing Tutu was worthy of a roster spot based on his ST skills and as the 4th/5th WR who had been productive when pressed into emergency duty in the past, rather than replacing him with an unknown like Inman, Herndon, or sweet feet.
              Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                Rivers and Gates need to be package(d) out for a good selection of draft pickslargely because of that suspicion that the franchise has one eye on Los Angeles
                I wonder if Chicago would trade us Cutler & Forte for Rivers and Gates? That clears the way for Green and TT just needs to overhaul the OL & DL with all his free $ and draft picks so we can become 1 of those teams that runs the ball well and stops the run well. Limit ****ler to those short & intermediate high % passes like our offense last year and NEXT year look for our new QB of the future in the draft. Find a way to keep Flowers and Gilchrist and let Wright & Mathews go.

And again, more of the unsubstantiated fear of the Chargers leaving for LA when there is absolutely no substance to it and they won't make more $ either by doing so- it's like a broken record and needs to be tossed out like one.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Hey, somebody said he was a 40 catch guy in our O. That was pure crazy talk. Great STer, but not a WR starter.

But that's what I mean, that somebody would go there just shows we are lacking talent, at that spot (and others). Put some damm players on the field that belong there, then talk coaches.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

It's a disturbing trend that everything coming out of chargers park sounds like it's spoken by Ricky Henne, making even mccoys pressers sound honest in comparison.

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      Hey, somebody said he was a 40 catch guy in our O. That was pure crazy talk. Great STer, but not a WR starter.

But that's what I mean, that somebody would go there just shows we are lacking talent, at that spot (and others). Put some damm players on the field that belong there, then talk coaches.
                      that was Panama- and it was a realistic projection based on the hypothetical of TuTu playing a season's worth of games and snaps on offense. It was never argued Tutu should be made a starter and would automatically put up those numbers. That is also cherry picking 1 small detail out of the focused topic of whether Tutu should be replaced on the roster by an unknown rookie who had done NOTHING in the NFL before.

Comment

• KNSD
                        Registered Charger Hater
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

TT is correct. Chargers' compass is pointing north. Sorry that the team "only" went 9-7 against two of the tougest out-of-division foes (NFC West, AFC East) all while being pretty damn injured throughout the season (5th OC anybody? Rivers injuries clearly affected both his arm strength and his accuracy, etc....). Foundation is set, another solid draft will be injected into the team, record will improve against weaker out-of-division foes next year.
                        Prediction:
                        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

Working...
                        X