• Show
Clear All
  • Cdn Bolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Ontario , Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

AJ built the most talented roster in the NFL. Shame he didn't hire a coach that could take advantage of it.
    All this love for AJ Smith. They had the #1 pick 2 times in his tenure (w John Butler) which w trade downs led to getting multiple picks including 2 #1s in 2005. Of course that will provide good rosters.

But w out the extra draft bounties his later team building went downhill. He had awful picks in his later years. Sammy Davis ( earlier) ,Buster Davis, Larry English,Antoine Cason, Ryan Mathews who was just serviceable for a few years all first rounders and head scratchers like Jonas Mouton, Jacob Hester and Johnie Troutman.

Sticking w Norv vs doing his job and getting a proper coach. Ugh

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

All this love for AJ Smith. They had the #1 pick 2 times in his tenure (w John Butler) which w trade downs led to getting multiple picks including 2 #1s in 2005. Of course that will provide good rosters.

But w out the extra draft bounties his later team building went downhill. He had awful picks in his later years. Sammy Davis ( earlier) ,Buster Davis, Larry English,Antoine Cason, Ryan Mathews who was just serviceable for a few years all first rounders and head scratchers like Jonas Mouton, Jacob Hester and Johnie Troutman.

Tom Telesco 58 wins in 8 years.

AJ Smith won 98 games in 10 years.

Awful take, Cdn.

Comment

• floydefisher
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • siberiacuse, ny
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Im not shy. I pick a loss. And jt shouldn't come down to that. He has demonstrated reasons to be fired already.

So has Telesco but it don't matter. JohnBoy is in charge. This franchise is doomed.
        Yeah, I know, but after losing close games for 1 3/4 seasons this recent 4-0 (assuming they win Sunday) run looks like the team has 'turned a corner', thus earning one more year to 'finish the job".

That is how I see them looking at things.....isn't it amazing how predictable this all is?

And it all hinges on how long Pat Mahomes and company play this Sunday. Don't even get me started on the conspiracy theories now.
        sigpic

Comment

• BigBad
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

The Sammy Davis pick was AJs first draft and Marty had final say. AJ wanted Troy Polomalu. AJ also signed Wes Welker as an undrafted guy. He returned a punt for a TD in the preseason. Marty cut him.

Also, I can't stand when people list out players as head-scratcher picks like picking NFL players is so easy. Every freaking team and GM are GUESSING after the first 20 picks.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post

Yeah, I know, but after losing close games for 1 3/4 seasons this recent 4-0 (assuming they win Sunday) run looks like the team has 'turned a corner', thus earning one more year to 'finish the job".

That is how I see them looking at things.....isn't it amazing how predictable this all is?

And it all hinges on how long Pat Mahomes and company play this Sunday. Don't even get me started on the conspiracy theories now.
            But if they are looking at more than the boxscore but watching the game...

I mean, is most of the fans on thie forum, many pundits/analysts see the weaknesses of Lynn p the SPanii have too as well. Its not rocket science. He has strengths and weaknesses

His strengths are important but they are more the intangibles ; his weaknesses affect things while the game is being played.
            It took him an embarassing loss to fire Stewart when ST were bad for 3.5+ years of his tenure -
            He still thinks "balance" is the key to a good offense when his team can't run the ball

This is not a hard decision!

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Tom Telesco 58 wins in 8 years.

AJ Smith won 98 games in 10 years.

Awful take, Cdn.
              Not sure anyone is arguing those numbers. Can't speak for others, but my point was he started off building an extremely talented roster in his early years and he should get credit for that. But he also stuck with Norv when everyone knew it was a mistake and then his drafts and results got worse as time went on. No playoff appearances his last 3 years and a roster that was a disaster when he was fired.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post

The Sammy Davis pick was AJs first draft and Marty had final say. AJ wanted Troy Polomalu. AJ also signed Wes Welker as an undrafted guy. He returned a punt for a TD in the preseason. Marty cut him.

Also, I can't stand when people list out players as head-scratcher picks like picking NFL players is so easy. Every freaking team and GM are GUESSING after the first 20 picks.
                The rest of that story is Marty didn't want Troy Polomalu because of his concussion history.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Perspective: Dean Spanos fired Norv Turner after an 7-9 season. AJ went too.

Dean Spanos.png

Dean typed the above bullshit four years ago. Earning the respect of LA football fans will require the firing of Anthony Lynn and Tom Telesco. Anything else is a non-starter.

Comment

• PR#1
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

I don't think Lynn will be on the Black Monday list although he definitely deserves to go.

I agree with previous posters that Lynn will get one more year and if he doesn't produce he will be fired with Telesco just like AJ was fired with Norv.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post

Never heard that before. Why would Marty have final say?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
                        I don't think Lynn will be on the Black Monday list although he definitely deserves to go.

I agree with previous posters that Lynn will get one more year and if he doesn't produce he will be fired with Telesco just like AJ was fired with Norv.
                        Tony Pauline =- not sure how reliable he is - thinks Lynn will be fired.

Head coach Anthony Lynn on the Los Angeles Chargers hot seat? | PFN (profootballnetwork.com)

I still think he will be back but this is one guys report

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Think what is important for GM is to hit on the majority of 1st Rd pick. Doesn't have to be a superstar, but at the very least a very good starter worthy of a second contract. And also do the same for at least half of the 2nd rd pick. Get a solid starter worthy of 2nd contract. 3rd rd and beyond hopefully you find a one worth a second contract

Telesco issue is in 8 seasons. For his 1st and 2nd rd picks, so far only Bosa has got that 2nd contract.

Fluker, Teo Verrett, Attaochu
                          Gordon, Perryman
                          Bosa, Henry
                          Williams, Lamp
                          James, Nwosu
                          Tillery, Adderley
                          Herbert, Murray

So far only Bosa got that 2nd contract.
                          Perryman has sort of but not the commitment of we hit on this guy and are keeping him under contract with a 4 year deal.
                          Henry was franchise so they either haven't decided on him or gave him an offer he said no to. Williams was optioned, we shall see if he gets that second contract. Lamp if not re-signed would be another miss.

Derwin will get a second contract. Herbert will.

So Telesco only really hit extra bases with 3 for 16 for sure. And maybe a single with Perryman. It possible that could be 6 extra base hits of the 16 depending on some recent players developing and decisions on 2nd contract.

But 3 for 16 is a .187 batting avg on those swings. Hast not really been knocking it out of the park on his swings. But that could improve to quite a bit depending on what happens with a few players like Williams, Henry, Lamp, Adderley, Murray, Nwosu. If r of those 6 hit for 2nd contracts, all of a sudden he is 7/16 .437 and in AJ ballpark of success. But as of right now not nearly good enough.

AJ 11 for 23 in my book. .478 avg.
                          Ingram hit, Reyes miss
                          Luiget hit
                          Gilchrist and Mouton swing and miss.
                          Mathews swing and miss didn't have a 2nd rd
                          English swing and miss didn't have a 2nd rd
                          Davis miss. Weddle hit.
                          Cromartie a hit, but they traded him, I would have resigned him. Lockdown corners with great ball skills are not easy to find. McNeill-LT hit. But injury. Good swings this draft.
                          Merriman, Castillo and Jackson 3 hits.
                          Rivers homerun. Olshansky bunt.
                          Davis miss, Florence hit, Kiel miss
                          Jammer hit, Fonoti miss, Caldwell miss

Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X