• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Uh ok. I mean, I know you’re right but I still don’t know why. 1 year as OC for a team that went 7-9, with an offense ranked 16 (yds) or 10 (pts)? Not a total faceplant but ... color me underwhelmed,
    The only reason he was even the OC was because Greg Roman was fired after 2 games - he started the season as the RB coach. He was the OC for 13 games before Rex Ryan was fired and he was the interim head coach for the last game.

Comment

• Lyth
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Its the same reason why Staley Brady and Arthur Smith are underwhelming to me - lack of experience.

STaleys first year as DC; Joe Brady, one year at LSU with a loaded roster and now pretty underwhelming with the Panthers; Arthur Smith two years in Tennessee

I am a broken damn record but the Chargers have done better with the more experienced coaches. Daboll makes the list for me because I think he has a very strong background with many coaches and years as an OC to help mold him. Hell Jason Garrett is better than the three names above as he has been there and my guess, working with Telesco might be better than working with Jerry Jones (though I don't want Garrett). The shiny new toy still in the box might not be ready to manage the entire roster, work with the GM, etc.

Harbaugh is pretty high on my list as his track record shows he has won. Bieniemy - I am good with because I think he has a lot of experience more than just calling plays - he has been at Colorado, the Vikings, now the Chiefs for many years.
      Staley has had too good of a hand delt to him. I worry that, because his players are so good, he's another Bradley.

Smith I'm wondering about. His plays create huge holes. He's made Tannehill look like a good QB. We should talk to him.

We need a couple of players, but we're not like the Jags with out most of the pieces. We're also not like the Falcons or Texans with stars getting past their prime. Our roster is young and pretty good. I think Harbaugh gives us the best chance to win immediately. I think he wears on people though. Probably not a 10 year answer.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

So is Jaylen Twyman the next Aaron Donald ?

Pick Staley as HC, draft JT @#13 and find out
        Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          So is Jaylen Twyman the next Aaron Donald ?

Pick Staley as HC, draft JT @#13 and find out
          Woody, your take on Patrick Jones II Pitt. His first step, motor, and length is intriguing.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Woody, your take on Patrick Jones II Pitt. His first step, motor, and length is intriguing.
            Good prospect...round two.
            I also like Rashad Weaver...round three.
            Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Lyth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

Did we ever get a list of everyone let go?

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Good prospect...round two.
                I also like Rashad Weaver...round three.
                What's not to like about a kid with the middle name Capone?!
                Is he all the way back from his ACL injury?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  JH3 and Me
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Its the same reason why Staley Brady and Arthur Smith are underwhelming to me - lack of experience.

STaleys first year as DC; Joe Brady, one year at LSU with a loaded roster and now pretty underwhelming with the Panthers; Arthur Smith two years in Tennessee

I am a broken damn record but the Chargers have done better with the more experienced coaches. Daboll makes the list for me because I think he has a very strong background with many coaches and years as an OC to help mold him. Hell Jason Garrett is better than the three names above as he has been there and my guess, working with Telesco might be better than working with Jerry Jones (though I don't want Garrett). The shiny new toy still in the box might not be ready to manage the entire roster, work with the GM, etc.

Harbaugh is pretty high on my list as his track record shows he has won. Bieniemy - I am good with because I think he has a lot of experience more than just calling plays - he has been at Colorado, the Vikings, now the Chiefs for many years.
                  Bienemy feels like AL = RB Coach v2.0. I don’t buy his role as OC in KC with Andy really in charge.
                  Jason fucking Garrett is the scariest idea tossed on the table for me. Loser coach imo.
                  Harbaugh would bring discipline and toughness, besides SF did he wear things raw at other locations? Or did he stay long enough to? He’s an NFL HC and he’s a Winner. I don’t see any other candidate checking both of those boxes.
                  Dabol shines as the Coordinator of the hour for me. I have no expertise to say that, i just have feelings and emotions. Validate me!
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Classic
                    Hall Of Fame
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Send PM

Smith and Staley are moving up my coaches big board. We'll see what interviewees after these guys do but it's looking great so far.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Bienemy feels like AL = RB Coach v2.0. I don’t buy his role as OC in KC with Andy really in charge.
                      Jason fucking Garrett is the scariest idea tossed on the table for me. Loser coach imo.
                      Harbaugh would bring discipline and toughness, besides SF did he wear things raw at other locations? Or did he stay long enough to? He’s an NFL HC and he’s a Winner. I don’t see any other candidate checking both of those boxes.
                      Dabol shines as the Coordinator of the hour for me. I have no expertise to say that, i just have feelings and emotions. Validate me!

Just for the record - I don't want Garrett. But if you say your four choices are Garrett, Smith, Staley and Brady - for me - the choice is easy
                      Still hoping for Harbaugh though. - At least an interview. That dude might have a 4-5 year for a team but if I were betting - he would make the team better! And since I am tired of losing - its why I am okay with him as coach. Do I think he is jerky and probably would be a pain to deal with - well thats inside the building. I just want some damn wins

Comment

• PR#1
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I think Lynn was sincere...and did interview well...but you have to look mostly at what a coach has DONE, not necessarily his swag in the interview...in the interview, he should be able to answer the complex questions about x's and o's, about, ahem TIME MANAGEMENT, to draw out plays and explain matchups and assignments and personnel needed to run certain offensive and defensive schemes...THESE are the things to look at in an interview, IN ADDITION to his coaching success...and NOT how much swag he brings to the interview...THAT is where the Bolts epic failed with Lynn...
                        I feel bad about Lynn getting fired. I never thought it would happen.

I believe he's a good guy that was basically in over his head.

So the firing had to happen no question.

But this shit show does not entirely fall completely at his feet.

Telesco is just as responsible.

But the dysfunctionality of this organization goes way up to spanos.

The video of Slauson and Woodhead is quite damning.

A coach not being able to start who he wants to start ? WTF ? What new coach would want to put up with that ?

And now instead of Spanos learning his lesson and being more hands off, we learn that he's going to be more hands on (with the hiring process) so he can screw up things even more ?

Comment

• PR#1
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

lol! F-no! (must be a satire site)
                          Daboll is my first choice but if he falls through and I suspect he will, I like Harbaugh and Norv as OC.

I think Norv could do a good job developing Herb.

If you bring in Harbaugh, you have to solve the problem of who is OC and DC.

Harbaugh and Pep could be good too.

Comment

Working...
                          X