• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

And I would be ok with that if indeed that's who they wanted. Maybe Daboll just doesn't want it announced until after the Bills playoff run out of respect to them.
    I am good with Daboll - especially after looking deeper into his resume. An OC five times for various coaches, organizations. Of course primarily with the Patriots but I think he probably learned from his time in Cleveland, Miami and KC too plus now Buffalo. Oh yes, Alabama - working for Saban.

I think working for these other organizations have probably helped him as it seems - some of the Belichick tree probably tried to be Belichick (Josh, Patricia) without having earned the stripes to act that way.

So if the hire is Daboll maybe he is able to take some of the "process" both Hoodie and Saban have but in his own style.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He checks all the boxes. A Super Bowl winning coach just dropped into our laps. Charger history demands that we hire a HC who was previously a successful HC. Coryell, Ross and Marty are crying out for this hire. Don’t fumble TT. Our guy just fell into your lap
      His main issues are his stubbornness to his staff choices (a Lynn weakness). And his personnel decisions rubbed the locker room the wrong way (a Lynn strength). If he can show that those are not an issue, he’s our guy. But if you lose the locker room, oh boy...

Comment

• Coachmarkos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • SoDak
        • Technology Director
        • Send PM

Hey... what's wrong with Visors??? (other than Mike McCoy)

I prefer them myself to caps... (ballcaps make my head itchy)... I like a good visor.
        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• cmplxgal
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • New Jersey
          • Send PM

Comment

• JOJAX85
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Irmo, SC
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
            Hey... what's wrong with Visors??? (other than Mike McCoy)

I prefer them myself to caps... (ballcaps make my head itchy)... I like a good visor.
            I think we need a good bucket hat guy.

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2020
              • Send PM

I do wonder about the following regarding Pederson: players talk. Pederson may be a good coach, but did he burn capital with players to the extent that word has gotten around to other players? Would Pederson be walking into a locker room where players have questions about his motivations, his performance, and his approach? I think so. No amount of interview questions can dispel what I would assume are the discussions that have gone on among players. Sure, players are professionals. But Pederson would be in a situation where he would need to regain some respect and silence those critics. Every decision he makes will then be questioned as far as the motivations and those player-coach interactions. While the LA media is not a difficult media, I have no doubt some of those questions will be asked after losses.

Do I think he could be a great coach? Maybe. But when a coach has a falling out like this, I think that coach needs time away to regroup, to assess what went wrong, and then explain how best to avoid those issues in the future. I'm not sure Pederson has reflected yet, and if he jumps into another HC position right away, I would suspect that some of the bad habits and stubbornness he has formed from winning a Super Bowl only become worse.

Admittedly, this is my Tuesday morning wannabe psychiatrist, Dr. Phil reading of the Eagles situation.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

If there are 12 candidates - so far 8 and really only one was a surprise, and that was Garrett. The other 7 were the "hot coordinators" so JohnnyBoy must be feeling good about himself readin twitter of people like Jeremiah, Shefter to interview these people

So if there truly up to 4 more - will there be any shockers - sure hope so.

Pederson should be interviewed - I would like an equivalent of a "WojBomb" for the Chargers coaching search. So far, pretty ho-hum

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

The owner of the Eagles had nothing but good to say about Pederson. I also have nothing but good to say about him. All the guesses that he may have lost the locker room are - just guesses.
                  Check the list of candidates and not one of them has already shown he can lead a team to the SB - except Pederson! That puts him at the top of my list. I don't want to go through the same thing all over again - hire a OC/DC as the HC, watch him fail, fire him four years later.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Not saying yea or nay to Pederson...trying to keep an open mind...so in that vein, Pederson's dismissal could simply be the result of ownership wresting back some decision making power they had afforded him, and he wasnt having it, on principal.
                    Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                      Not saying yea or nay to Pederson...trying to keep an open mind...so in that vein, Pederson's dismissal could simply be the result of ownership wresting back some decision making power they had afforded him, and he wasnt having it, on principal.
                      As Roo just posted above - and its been my main talking point for a month now - look for a coach with experience Pederson has that. He deserves an interview. If you called Jason Garrett don't you have to talk to Doug Pederson (hell I think they should have talked too Caldwell too)

Second, I wonder how much of this is truly "Wentz v Pederson" and with the investment they have in Carson Wentz - it would have been REALLY hard to get rid of him. Per Spotrac his dead cap hit would be 59m or something ridiculous

Now they can work out the bonus guarantees, push those around for Wentz - but the dead cap is the dead cap

I think a lot of this is Lurie wanted Wentz more than Pederson/ Not that the other issues aren't valid.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Irmo, SC
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If there are 12 candidates - so far 8 and really only one was a surprise, and that was Garrett. The other 7 were the "hot coordinators" so JohnnyBoy must be feeling good about himself readin twitter of people like Jeremiah, Shefter to interview these people

So if there truly up to 4 more - will there be any shockers - sure hope so.

Pederson should be interviewed - I would like an equivalent of a "WojBomb" for the Chargers coaching search. So far, pretty ho-hum
                        Still hoping one of those 4 is backing a dump truck full of cash to Lincoln Riley's house.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                          The owner of the Eagles had nothing but good to say about Pederson. I also have nothing but good to say about him. All the guesses that he may have lost the locker room are - just guesses.
                          Check the list of candidates and not one of them has already shown he can lead a team to the SB - except Pederson! That puts him at the top of my list. I don't want to go through the same thing all over again - hire a OC/DC as the HC, watch him fail, fire him four years later.
                          Do you think it has something to do with the rule you can’t say anything bad regarding a person that prevents him from getting the next job? Otherwise you may get in trouble or sued. I always do this during reference check. Even though the employee was fired for doing something bad or against company rules. I think TT was high on Lynn also after being let go.

Comment

Working...
                          X