• Show
Clear All
  • JOJAX85
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Irmo, SC
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

As Roo just posted above - and its been my main talking point for a month now - look for a coach with experience Pederson has that. He deserves an interview. If you called Jason Garrett don't you have to talk to Doug Pederson (hell I think they should have talked too Caldwell too)

Second, I wonder how much of this is truly "Wentz v Pederson" and with the investment they have in Carson Wentz - it would have been REALLY hard to get rid of him. Per Spotrac his dead cap hit would be 59m or something ridiculous

Now they can work out the bonus guarantees, push those around for Wentz - but the dead cap is the dead cap

I think a lot of this is Lurie wanted Wentz more than Pederson/ Not that the other issues aren't valid.
    I think not had more to do with Lurie was STUCK with Wentz.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

Still hoping one of those 4 is backing a dump truck full of cash to Lincoln Riley's house.
      My Brian Kelly dream died the day he hired a DC at Notre Dame (and probably it was never reality but was hoping with the Telesco love of ND) - but I was kind of hoping to hear that the Chargers were talking to Ryan Day this morning

Looks like the Eagles may have reached out to Riley

Comment

• JOJAX85
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Irmo, SC
        • Send PM

My Brian Kelly dream died the day he hired a DC at Notre Dame (and probably it was never reality but was hoping with the Telesco love of ND) - but I was kind of hoping to hear that the Chargers were talking to Ryan Day this morning

Looks like the Eagles may have reached out to Riley
        Really?? I hadn't heard that. That actually gives me hope. I didn't think he would leave college, but if he's listening we certainly have a better situation than the Eagles.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

As Roo just posted above - and its been my main talking point for a month now - look for a coach with experience Pederson has that. He deserves an interview. If you called Jason Garrett don't you have to talk to Doug Pederson (hell I think they should have talked too Caldwell too)

Second, I wonder how much of this is truly "Wentz v Pederson" and with the investment they have in Carson Wentz - it would have been REALLY hard to get rid of him. Per Spotrac his dead cap hit would be 59m or something ridiculous

Now they can work out the bonus guarantees, push those around for Wentz - but the dead cap is the dead cap

I think a lot of this is Lurie wanted Wentz more than Pederson/ Not that the other issues aren't valid.
          That's an owner making a bad decision then. Wentz has looked bad and Hurts may have more upside.
          I'm not for or against Pederson. Doesn't hurt to call him.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That's an owner making a bad decision then. Wentz has looked bad and Hurts may have more upside.
            Personally - if you are the Eagles - there are ways or working the cap to take the dead hit , save a bunch of cap and move forward with Hurts. Do you really want to pay another 15m or so in guarantees to Wentz if he is on your roster on March 15 or whatever

If you keep Wentz, the cap hits aren't going away and the cash outlay will be real. I doubt Wentz will give back bonus to stay with the Eagles and play for the minimum. Hell even the Colts for example will have to pay him 25m per year

But can the Eagles afford to have 20-25m per year of dead money for the next two years.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Watch tape on Wentz. He's gone pigeon-toed in his mechanics, it's pathetic. His mechanics blow.

Wentz has regressed a ton after those excellent tackles were lost, and the rest of the offensive line was soon gone too. Jalen Hurts was better equipped to run the Eagles offense because his mechanics haven't been degraded yet.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Watch tape on Wentz. He's gone pigeon-toed in his mechanics, it's pathetic. His mechanics blow.

Wentz has regressed a ton after those excellent tackles were lost, and the rest of the offensive line was soon gone too. Jalen Hurts was better equipped to run the Eagles offense because his mechanics haven't been degraded yet.
                Eagles are 60m over the cap as of today. They re-did a couple contracts last week which will save cap space this year but roll it to 2022 (it was clever). But if you take that job - you are in for a haul as it will be a rebuild.

Chargers need to get with Daboll today - or his agent, tell the NFL office - he is the guy we want - - Telesco has the same agent - do not contact Daboll until after the playoffs but he is our guy!

Comment

• cmplxgal
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • New Jersey
                  • Send PM

According to one of the writers in the local Philly paper, one of the big reasons Pederson was fired was his insistance on promoting his favoriate assistant:

Wrong fight to pick: Doug Pederson basically lost his job because he wanted Press Taylor to be his offensive coordinator

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagles-doug-pederson-press-taylor-jeffrey-lurie-howie-roseman-20210112.html

So this is who the Chargers would be getting as their OC if they hired Pederson.

Comment

• Xthren
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2021
                    • Send PM

Harbaugh
                    Daboll
                    Bieniemy
                    McDaniels

In that order. I am intrigued by urban Meyer but there is something nagging at me about him.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoDak
                      • Technology Director
                      • Send PM

Harbaugh is out.
                      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xthren View Post
                        Harbaugh
                        Daboll
                        Bieniemy
                        McDaniels

In that order. I am intrigued by urban Meyer but there is something nagging at me about him.
                        Daboll
                        Garrett
                        Saleh
                        Bienemy

of the candidates interviewed

still waiting for a shocker like Urban Meyer or possibly Ryan Day

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Daboll
                          Garrett
                          Saleh
                          Bienemy

of the candidates interviewed

still waiting for a shocker like Urban Meyer or possibly Ryan Day
                          Yup...either one of those coaches and I would sleep like a baby at night!

:beer:
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X