Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He checks all the boxes. A Super Bowl winning coach just dropped into our laps. Charger history demands that we hire a HC who was previously a successful HC. Coryell, Ross and Marty are crying out for this hire. Don’t fumble TT. Our guy just fell into your lap
    I'm tempted to give DP favor over Meyer due to actual NFL championship experience
    This seems almost too good to be true.
    there's no perfect candidate, but DP is a rarity
    2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Inforfun View Post

Yeah, their kicker missed a FG, After all the kicker botches, you cannot blame team going for two. That would prevent Rivers caught on camera getting rid of Kicker.
      All what kicker botches? that rookie kicker from Georgia has had an excellent year, i believe he's in the pro bowl, and they've had no issue with kicking this season.

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

As LaCanfora said in the video - are the Spanii willing to give up control of the team. I know John Butler came in and brought Marty so that seemed to be a pretty strong combo.

Dean needs to ask himself this question: How much do I want to win a Super Bowl? If the answer is Yes - he would cede power to Urban, Telesco would be a GM but whatever and Meyer does his thing

If not - well could be same old same.
        When has Urban Meyer proven that he can run an NFL organization? I mean in college he has major recruiters on staff. There's a lot goes into running a team in a roster and I want my coach to focus on coaching. Very very few succeed at both, and none that were in a long time NFL coach first.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Do not understand the holdup on Meyer news...the Chargers must be in play, but in what fashion? The fact that we are even considering it is a plus in the Spanos column...at least they are thinking about stepping back some....which is exactly what would have to happen for Urban to step through the door...

But the most realistic scenario is that Meyer is playing the Jags off us...like Brady played the Bucs off us....all about the lettuce.

Who knows? But now that Pederson is in play, the Jets notwithstanding, the Jags got another high profile option...so we should see something in the next couple of days....hopefully.
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He checks all the boxes. A Super Bowl winning coach just dropped into our laps. Charger history demands that we hire a HC who was previously a successful HC. Coryell, Ross and Marty are crying out for this hire. Don’t fumble TT. Our guy just fell into your lap
            My list before Doug Pederson was
            DAboll
            Garrett
            Saleh

Now that Doug P is out there - you have to talk to him. He seems to use analytics very well as he is aggressive going on 4th down and going for 2; he has previous experience, won a Super Bowl

There are questions about his coaching staff - so those would need to be asked. Reading twitter - it seems like he will be the Jets coach pretty quickly. though the Jets are bringing back Saleh for a second interview

I know this much - if the Jets do not go with Daboll and pick Pederson- the Chargers have the best candidate all to themselves at this point. Unless they over think this and what if the hell out of Staley or Brady - the smart sensible plan is hire Daboll

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

When has Urban Meyer proven that he can run an NFL organization? I mean in college he has major recruiters on staff. There's a lot goes into running a team in a roster and I want my coach to focus on coaching. Very very few succeed at both, and none that were in a long time NFL coach first.
              He has built programs at Utah, Bowling Green, Ohio State and Florida

I get recruiting is not the same as free agency /drafting but he has shown he has a pretty good grasp of player evalutation and coaching those players

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

He has built programs at Utah, Bowling Green, Ohio State and Florida

I get recruiting is not the same as free agency /drafting but he has shown he has a pretty good grasp of player evalutation and coaching those players
                Smart Dude like Belicheck! He even knows how to manipulate NFL owners!

:More Q Please:
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I'm tempted to give DP favor over Meyer due to actual NFL championship experience
                  This seems almost too good to be true.
                  there's no perfect candidate, but DP is a rarity
                  I'm on the same boat. To be the best you beat the best. He beat Brady/Belicheat in the biggest stage.

He's been to the top. Nothing surprises him. He'd inherit a solid offense and good draft picks.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

I'm on the same boat. To be the best you beat the best. He beat Brady/Belicheat in the biggest stage.

He's been to the top. Nothing surprises him. He'd inherit a solid offense and good draft picks.
                    Popper and Manzano said the list would be 8-12
                    So far only 8 and only 1 coach with previous HC experience

Chargers history as has shown - previous experience matters. They have to call him just have too

I might also call Ryan Day just to see his interest in the job. Breer said they were looking at college coaches and he did work in SF and Philly so some NF:L experience.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Irmo, SC
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

I'm certainly fine bringing him in for an interview. His QB play has been sub-par for a few years & that is a BIG deal in this league. He won the Super Bowl with his backup. He lost the locker room with that nonsense in the last game so I think the Eagles had to get rid of him. I was just honestly hoping the Spanii had someone in mind before letting Lynn go & Pederson obviously wasn't that guy because he still had a job.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I'm certainly fine bringing him in for an interview. His QB play has been sub-par for a few years & that is a BIG deal in this league. He won the Super Bowl with his backup. He lost the locker room with that nonsense in the last game so I think the Eagles had to get rid of him. I was just honestly hoping the Spanii had someone in mind before letting Lynn go & Pederson obviously wasn't that guy because he still had a job.
                        He can keep Pep H as as his OC and QB coach to help groom Herbert. But Pederson won the big game - so he knows how to get there.

The Chargers have one of the best jobs open - quite frankly the candidates overall have been underwhelming. John Boy has to be running it as he just was like "who are the HOT coordinators - check check check check" - You don't fire Anthony Lynn - well I won't finish as it seems the Spanii do not have a plan

Unless they know its just going to Daboll...

Comment

• JOJAX85
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Irmo, SC
                          • Send PM

He can keep Pep H as as his OC and QB coach to help groom Herbert. But Pederson won the big game - so he knows how to get there.

The Chargers have one of the best jobs open - quite frankly the candidates overall have been underwhelming. John Boy has to be running it as he just was like "who are the HOT coordinators - check check check check" - You don't fire Anthony Lynn - well I won't finish as it seems the Spanii do not have a plan

Unless they know its just going to Daboll...
                          And I would be ok with that if indeed that's who they wanted. Maybe Daboll just doesn't want it announced until after the Bills playoff run out of respect to them.

Comment

Working...
                          X