Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post
    If I am a defensive coordinator with upcoming interviews, I try to reach out to Pederson about his willingness to be an OC. It might be a long shot, as Pederson may have a HC opportunity, but if he did agree to possibly being an OC, that would be quite the package to sell to a franchise.
    Consider me shocked if he isn't a HC in 2021
    Darius "4.36" Davis
    top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP Magic Number 3

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post
      If I am a defensive coordinator with upcoming interviews, I try to reach out to Pederson about his willingness to be an OC. It might be a long shot, as Pederson may have a HC opportunity, but if he did agree to possibly being an OC, that would be quite the package to sell to a franchise.
      Why would you take a job for $1 million when you probably get $5-6 million a year as a head coach. Hell I'd even take a year off and refresh the batteries.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Parcells
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

The only consistent thing in NFL history is that no coach has won a Super Bowl as the head coach of two different organizations. I think that just goes to show how hard it is to win a Super Bowl as a head coach. Most coaches who have won multiple Super Bowls did so with a lot of the same players.

Joe Gibbs really managed to win some with pretty different rosters. And Belichick turned over the entire roster with the exception of the greatest QB in NFL history. Gibbs was a bust when he came back. Thus far Belichick looks VERY human without Brady (he’s still an incredible coach).

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Sounds a little like Marty's end days here?

From ESPN:

Lurie was also not sold on Pederson's plans regarding his coaching staff, sources said. Pederson pushed for pass game coordinator/quarterbacks coach Press Taylor to be elevated to offensive coordinator rather than bringing in a more established candidate. The issue of how to fill the void left by defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz, who plans to take the year off from football in 2021, was also unresolved.

The above is in addition to the horrible regression of the offense and Wentz, the public bad blood with Wentz and the obvious tank job last game. Oh and the 4-11-1 record

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Parcells
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

People talk about our coaches failing and getting fired. That’s what happens the vast majority of the time, unless you’re the Pittsburgh Steelers. Of all the coaches in the NFL, the only ones who are highly likely to get to ride off into the sunset are Belichick, Reid, and Carroll. Harbaugh and Tomlin have a decent chance, but 2-3 bad years and they likely get fired. Plus they’re going against each other. Of all the coaches that are gonna get hired this off-season, most of them will end up being fired. It’s the nature of the business.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

He has had a turnstyle roster for multiple years after the superbowl win. They (chargers) should still interview him and make sure he's not suffering from burnout!
              Pederson’s main issue is his coaching staff. He hung on to Schwartz way too long when the defensive coaching became a problem. He also never properly replaced Reich and Delippo.

Comment

• Parcells
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                All these openings and not even a sniff for Josh "Joshy" McDaniels. I guess all the media experts were way off? Or maybe this year without Brady opened some eyes?

TG
                Three considerations:
                1. The shine is off after this year
                2. He’s been told he’s the heir apparent to Belichick and won’t take any interviews
                3. He’s been essentially blacklisted after the Indy debacle.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                  Pederson’s main issue is his coaching staff. He hung on to Schwartz way too long when the defensive coaching became a problem. He also never properly replaced Reich and Delippo.
                  And reading why he was partly fired - coaching staff selection- He just might be good at it. Lynn had a weak staff - I don't want another weak sauce staff

Just get Brian Daboll in here and lets rock and roll. No need to interview Pederson.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

Who are the coaches we do interview to meet Rooney rule?

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                      Pederson sure interests me - he's already proven he's a winner. Call him today TT!
                      Are we sure Pederson is that great. I feel like the true greatness of that team was Frank Reich. That team went downhill quickly after Reich left.

Comment

• Parcells
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
                        Who are the coaches we do interview to meet Rooney rule?
                        I think Saleh fulfills that requirement.

Comment

• perryao
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Hire Pederson! I like him.

Edit: deleted reference to Pederson being fired as I am unfashionably late to the party.

Comment

Working...
                          X