• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that picking a new HC is as much a crap shoot as the draft is. For instance - if you like the Bills or Chiefs OC - are they doing well because they are superior coaches or is because they are coaching a very well stocked offense?

Same with the DC's - are they doing well only because they have a defense that has a bunch of great players? How can they possibly know until they give them the job? I've been hoping for Urban Meyer but all his success is in college - will it transfer over to the pros?

If they end up going with a co-coordinator, I hope it's a guy that has worked the sidelines beside a very successful HC for a long enough time to have learned well.
    Preaching to the choir Roo. It is a crap shoot. And the Chargers have come up empty every single time they have hired a first timer. The only times they have chosen a good HC is when they have hired guys who were successful HC's previously either in college or the pro's. That covers 60 years of history. Spanos or before Spanos. You'd think just by luck they would have hit once or twice on a first timer but no.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
      If Allen isnt getting calls, its probably known he is happy with where he is at, and isnt looking

Matt Campbell on record several times that he is staying at Iowa St.

Why do we question successful coaches as candidates, because they presently have a talented roster to work with? Isnt that one of the key reasons we wanted Lynn gone...he underachieved with what many believe is a talented roster? I got no problem with someone who suceeds when supplied with talented players...that is, in fact, who Im looking for...then it will be on TT to get them that talent...
      I don't question successful coaches with good rosters - I just think there is something to having more experience that could help a person succeed. Daboll has been through good times and bad times as an OC . Some of these coaches being interviewed, and rightly so - have really been in good times. What happens if things get sideways

This is all from a Chargers historical perspective. Granted, if the Browns listened to me they wouldn't have gotten Stefanski who has done a very good job

Comment

• Lyth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Pederson is worth waiting for.
        I question Pederson as a coach players want to play for. He's great with a game plan, but he wears out his welcome. Things seems pretty dysfunctional in Philly right now. I guess if this is a "win now" thing he's be good to look at.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Preaching to the choir Roo. It is a crap shoot. And the Chargers have come up empty every single time they have hired a first timer. The only times they have chosen a good HC is when they have hired guys who were successful HC's previously either in college or the pro's. That covers 60 years of history. Spanos or before Spanos. You'd think just by luck they would have hit once or twice on a first timer but no.
          The data is the data - does that make Jason Garrett the favorite at this time?

He wouldn't be my favorite choice but have to be honest - having a track record - won 56% of his games, three division titles - depending on staff - I might have to think about this guy again

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

JLC on Urban Meyer to Jags and Bolts.....

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Pederson is out
              Last edited by jamrock; 01-11-2021, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Peterson fired in Philly
                I think I would give him a phone call

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                  JLC on Urban Meyer to Jags and Bolts.....

http://www.cbssports.com/general/vid...3-b37923070d85
                  thats too bad it doesn't seem to have more traction

Dean - do you want to win a Super Bowl or not? If you do - pick up the DAMN phone

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                    Peterson fired in Philly
                    I think I would give him a phone call
                    Dealing with an oft injured and non performing wentz has definitely taken the toll on the eagles organization. Twice the coach of Lynn. Yes...he definitely needs an interview. Better working pieces here on the chargers.
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I wonder what the compensation would be - hard to imagine we have the capital to make a trade and fix the holes on the roster if it was anything substantial.
                      Why would the Eagles give us something to take Pederson when they could just fire him? Because there’s no way I want Doug Pederson if he’s simply freely available.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • New Jersey
                        • Send PM

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Why would the Eagles give us something to take Pederson when they could just fire him? Because there’s no way I want Doug Pederson if he’s simply freely available.
                          The reason why he's fired is that it's cheaper to fire Pederson than Wentz. Give another coach two more years with Wentz and if he doesn't improve he's gone as well.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X