• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I never said pass on Kelly but doubt he leaves ND and I don't have Harbaugh on my list either but if they hired him I'd be ok with it. He has had NFL success. He probably won't take well the some Spani's telling him who to play though. So he won't last long with their meddling.
    Disappointing stint at Michigan but he has won in the NFL as a HC so fits my criteria. I like Dabo too. Just for his name. We need a guy named Dabo in LA.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I guess we have to give Harbaugh a big pass as well then. Michigan is a better academic university than ND
      I show ND#19 and Michigan#24. So close but ND still has the edge.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• foreigner
        Tom Telesco is gone
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

After reading today's article on nfl.com on Vance Joseph I would be willing to offer him the HC position.... I like it when they are looking for a second chance.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Disappointing stint at Michigan but he has won in the NFL as a HC so fits my criteria. I like Dabo too. Just for his name. We need a guy named Dabo in LA.
          Dabo? Not no, but fuck no...crybaby and whiner...
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
            After reading today's article on nfl.com on Vance Joseph I would be willing to offer him the HC position.... I like it when they are looking for a second chance.
            That would be a second "Not no, but fuck no..."...he looked lost at times in Denver.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Send PM

Anybody talked about Ryan Day yet? I like the guy, but I doubt he is interested this year...but if they let Lynn ride out his hot seat year, I might have Day on my short list. That game plan against Clemson was ever changing...truly organic...but I'll be honest, I don't know his history....just that he has HC experience with one of the top programs in the country.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

I never said pass on Kelly but doubt he leaves ND and I don't have Harbaugh on my list either but if they hired him I'd be ok with it. He has had NFL success. He probably won't take well the Spani's telling him who to play though. So he won't last long with their meddling.
                The reason I have Harbaugh and Kelly in a different grouping than say Day and Lincoln Riley - they worked their way up.

Kelly went from Grand Union to Central Mich to Cinci to Notre Dame
                Harbaugh: USD to Stanford to the Niners now Michigan

Day and Riley just were OCs and now HC at Oklahoma and Ohio State. Pretty good gigs with recruiting . Yes, Day called a great game last night. Just like Arthur Smith and Joe Brady to me are too inexperienced - so are these guys

Now again, this is with respect to the Chargers and their history. History shows the Chargers do better with an experienced HC

Kelly and Harbaugh are still on my lists
                Daboll is too
                Caldwell is too
                Saleh and Wink are too

If you want to go to the once hired/fired set: Pagano
                Schottenheimer for the name

Comment

• eaterfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The reason I have Harbaugh and Kelly in a different grouping than say Day and Lincoln Riley - they worked their way up.

Day and Riley just were OCs and now HC at Oklahoma and Ohio State. Pretty good gigs with recruiting . Yes, Day called a great game last night. Just like Arthur Smith and Joe Brady to me are too inexperienced - so are these guys

Now again, this is with respect to the Chargers and their history. History shows the Chargers do better with an experienced HC

Daboll is too
                  Caldwell is too
                  Saleh and Wink are too

I prefer Riley and Day to Harbaugh and especially Kelly. Day and Riley are creative and understand modem offense. But beyond that, I think both guys have better temperament. I follow college football pretty closely (UCLA) and Kelly has the nickname angry McRedFace because of how angry he gets so often and his face turns red. He yells at his players. You can treat kids like that, grown ass professional football players can't be treated like that. Harbaugh burns out in a place quickly. I think Kelly would do the same. They get to cycle through players every 3-5 years, in the NFL you are such with guys. Kelly, also makes so many excuses about how hard it is to win. It just sounds like Lynn so much.

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

Daboll is too
                    Caldwell is too
                    Saleh and Wink

It looks like this may be all for naught? Right now Jim Harbaugh it seems has been given an offer to return to Michigan to coach at a lower cost than his prior contract. Many believe he's waiting to see if any NFL teams call him Monday for an interview and make him an offer he can't refuse, and will blow away the contract offer from his college team. However a lot is shrouded in mystery right now what Jim really wants to do at this point.

It looks like the Lions may be interested. So for the Chargers to hire Jim Harbaugh(Which I believe is possible) I believe Monday they have to request an interview, and offer him a CONTRACT that blows Michigan's contract out of the water or whatever the Lions or any other NFL team will offer. I believe this is the one time the Chargers really need to make a big time move, PAY THE HC and take things to the next level, also it seems right there for the taking and is a big realistic opportunity for the CHARGERS
                    and could reap huge rewards and translate to actually being a successful franchise in the LA market place.

However do we have owners that will go out and offer Harbaugh what he would need to coach here and outbid an offer from the Lions & Michigan???? I just don't know but I will take this 10 times out of 10 as opposed to hiring the hot front of the line OC, again.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

[QUOTE=electricgold;n1162139]

It looks like this may be all for naught? Right now Jim Harbaugh it seems has been given an offer to return to Michigan to coach at a lower cost than his prior contract. Many believe he's waiting to see if any NFL teams call him Monday for an interview and make him an offer he can't refuse, and will blow away the contract offer from his college team. However a lot is shrouded in mystery right now what Jim really wants to do at this point.

It looks like the Lions may be interested. So for the Chargers to hire Jim Harbaugh(Which I believe is possible) I believe Monday they have to request an interview, and offer him a CONTRACT that blows Michigan's contract out of the water or whatever the Lions or any other NFL team will offer. I believe this is the one time the Chargers really need to make a big time move, PAY THE HC and take things to the next level, also it seems right there for the taking and is a big realistic opportunity for the CHARGERS
                      and could reap huge rewards and translate to actually being a successful franchise in the LA market place.

However do we have owners that will go out and offer Harbaugh what he would need to coach here and outbid an offer from the Lions & Michigan???? I just don't know but I will take this 10 times out of 10 as opposed to hiring the hot front of the line OC, again.[/QUOTE]

To your point, Harbaugh is a "splashy hire" that would appeal to the Spanii. I get the most important thing to get fans and excitement is to win games. But Harbaugh would create a helluva lot of buzz in addition to Herbert that a lot of the other hires wouldn't

Now, you know what you are getting - a four year window or so. But, he did pretty well in San Fran - playoff games, a Super Bowl. He can do the same for the Chargers. Though I would prefer a Sean Payton, John Harbaugh or Mike Tomlin that is a 10-12 year head coach. After the last 8 years where Andy Reid has kicked the divisions a** and two playoffs - well even more years with Norv, ten plus years, two playoffs - give me a good 3-4 year run.

His record in San Fran was damn impressive. And yes, I can see the Lions giving him a big money contract - some rumors have suggested that.

Chargers do need to be aggressive.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Daboll is too
                        Caldwell is too
                        Saleh and Wink are too

Saleh has ties to Michigan. Alledgedly he went to Michigan st and is from Dearborn, MI. So some media people are tying him to the Lions job. Doesnt mean he will take it. I wouldnt want to live there but im not a snow person lol.

Kelly wont happen but from games ive seen you arent going to get a modern offense with him. If you want things to be like what Shanahan does or Reid...Kelly isnt your guy.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Saleh has ties to Michigan. Alledgedly he went to Michigan st and is from Dearborn, MI. So some media people are tying him to the Lions job. Doesnt mean he will take it. I wouldnt want to live there but im not a snow person lol.

Kelly wont happen but from games ive seen you arent going to get a modern offense with him. If you want things to be like what Shanahan does or Reid...Kelly isnt your guy.
                          I’ll take Shanahan and Lynch in exchange for Lynn and Telesco

Comment

Working...
                          X