POLL: Who Should Be The Chargers' Next Head Coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think even McCoy could have inherited that 14-2 Marty gave Norv and done something with it. At least AS long as Norv did.

Norv was a train wreck til he inherited that team and he still took a loaded team downhill after a few seasons that ended with a horrible OL and his inability to call shorter QB 3 and 5 step drop plays so Rivers could get the damn ball off to a WR. He kept calling those long developing 7 step drop plays and running up the gut with Sproles was like,...WTF.
    *Before you go trashing Norv again, please refresh yourself that he won playoffs games. Plural. As in highest playoff winning percentage in franchise history.

Back to your story.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Jim Harbaugh doesnt have a SB ring as a HC.

I still think QB coaches do some mentoring as well. Probably as much or more. No way do i think Steichen is doing more mentoring than Pep.

Comment

• Classic
        Hall Of Fame
        • Dec 2014
        • Send PM

Albert Breer has said he heard one early name connected to the Chargers HC spot. Josh McDaniels.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          Jim Harbaugh doesnt have a SB ring as a HC.

I still think QB coaches do some mentoring as well. Probably as much or more. No way do i think Steichen is doing more mentoring than Pep.
          Meant John. John Harbaugh. The two-time Super Bowl-winning head coach John Harbaugh, the 2019 NFL Coach of the Year, has led the Ravens to a playoff berth in eight (2008-12, 2014 & 2018-19) of his 12 seasons in Baltimore, and in 2012, captured the franchise's second World Championship. Who started out as Andy Reid ST coach.

That Harbaugh. My mistake.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            BetterToday ThanYesterday
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Ghost you had me going there for a minute. Jim Harbaugh affable? Funny? The guy is a borderline psychotic and his message and style wears out after a couple seasons. Everywhere he has been they could not wait for him to leave. And he will leave his dream job this year.

John, yes, great coach.

Glad to see you posting again, brother.

Someone wrote we would have to give two third round picks to KC in order to hire BIenemy? I get that right? Why is that? He is not currently a HC under contract. And NFL used to prevent blocking the hiring of assistants to become head coaches. Even more so now that black head coaches are needed for diversity purposes

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
              Ghost you had me going there for a minute. Jim Harbaugh affable? Funny? The guy is a borderline psychotic and his message and style wears out after a couple seasons. Everywhere he has been they could not wait for him to leave. And he will leave his dream job this year.

John, yes, great coach.

Someone wrote we would have to give two third round picks to KC in order to hire BIenemy? I get that right? Why is that? He is not currently a HC under contract. And NFL used to prevent blocking the hiring of assistants to become head coaches. Even more so now that black head coaches are needed for diversity purposes

TG
              I do not think the Chargers would give two third round picks to hire Bieniemy - I believe the league would give KC two comp picks per this article

NFL approves plan to reward teams for developing minority coaches, GMs (usatoday.com)

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I do not think the Chargers would give two third round picks to hire Bieniemy - I believe the league would give KC two comp picks per this article

NFL approves plan to reward teams for developing minority coaches, GMs (usatoday.com)
                Headline could alternately read: NFL approves plan to discourage teams from hiring minority coaches from divisional rivals.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

recall my Packer friend being noticeably reticent upon the hiring of LeFleur, not to mention how AR felt about him, and now he is the toast of the town.

people had big/grave doubts 'buot Kingsbury and he's turned into a rather popular two man tandem w/Kyler Murray.

and Sean McVay caught alotta peoples by surprise, but he got off to a pretty good start.

not sure hiring Joe Brady would be as risky as some make him out to be ??

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

John, yes, great coach.

TG
                    Hey, Heatmiser! We are in agreement - Jim Harbaugh is a borderline psychotic.

As far as the price, pay it and get the talent.

Andy Reid on Eric Bieniemy - "This guy is a phenomenal coach is what they're looking at," Reid said. "And I think (all Chiefs players) would all stand on the table for him. ... They'd all stand up and tell you what he's all about. He's a leader of men. And they all (know) he's going to shoot you straight -- honest, honest, honest. And then they also know and respect his mind. I give him, every weekend, I sit down, we put together this game plan sheet with 200-plus plays on it and he memorizes every play, every formation, just -- boom -- on recall like that. And every week, I go, 'Listen, are you good with this?' And he goes, 'No problem. I've got it.' But a lot of hard work goes into it. Plus, he's a brilliant dude."
                    Patrick Mahomes on Eric Bieniemy - "When you get a guy like EB, who puts in the time, who is a great leader of players and men and somebody that can really control and have a presence in any room he walks in, you understand why these other teams are looking at him to be their head coach," said Mahomes, who has thrown for 9,128 yards and 76 touchdowns to 17 interceptions in 30 starts from 2018-19. "And so we obviously are focused on our goal right now, but we know, with who he is and how he operates, that he'll have the opportunities to go places and continue to have success."

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn doesn’t mince words about his intense feelings toward Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy when the two squared as players in t…

Anthony Lynn on Eric Bieniemy. 'Competitive prick'. Hire a competitor and you're hiring a winner.

Biggest competitor I ever heard of was John Elway. Guy had to win at everything. One night, he invited QB Bubby Brister over
                      to shoot pool. Brister beat Elway.

Next day, Elway sold the table.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

So, if Lynn goes to another team to be RB coach, do we get a 3rd rounder?

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                          http://chiefsdigest.com/chargers-ant...etitive-prick/

Anthony Lynn on Eric Bieniemy. 'Competitive prick'. Hire a competitor and you're hiring a winner.

Biggest competitor I ever heard of was John Elway. Guy had to win at everything. One night, he invited QB Bubby Brister over
                          to shoot pool. Brister beat Elway.

Next day, Elway sold the table.
                          By that logic, Horseface should have quit the Donks by now...

Comment

Working...
                          X