Chargers @ Broncos Game Day Thread (Wk 8)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Yet the 4 HCs you named. Have Brady, Brees, Wilson and Mahomes. Basically 4 hall of fame QBs. Take those QBs away and look at their record. Their genius start to fade away. Like taking Jordan or Kobe Shaq away from Phil Jackson. Is he a great coach. Yes. Could he have won title without Jordan Shaq or Kobe. No he couldn't. When he was in front office with Knicks he couldn't do squat to make them a winner.

​​​When you take the best players away, coaches no longer can get to the top of the mountain. It always starts with Talent.

Lynn is doing some really good things with Herbert early in his career. Could they be the next HC/QB combo? That wins tons of games. Maybe. But if Lynn stacks too many losses he won't get that chance. Until Lynn is replaced I'm 100% behind him as Chargers HC.
    Goes both ways.
    the fact that those great qbs choose to continue with their respective coaches is telling too.
    Coaching is very competitive and mimics natural selection closely
    are there some truly great coaches and even players that never succeed? Sure, but it doesn’t matter because you have to be great and have that greatness manifest into wins.
    Regardless
    thanks for responsiveness, sincerely, we’re all in a tough spot as Charger fans and I though we disagree clearly, we’re in the same boat
    2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Goes both ways.
      the fact that those great qbs choose to continue with their respective coaches is telling too.
      Coaching is very competitive and mimics natural selection closely
      are there some truly great coaches and even players that never succeed? Sure, but it doesn’t matter because you have to be great and have that greatness manifest into wins.
      Regardless
      thanks for responsiveness, sincerely, we’re all in a tough spot as Charger fans and I though we disagree clearly, we’re in the same boat
      There are very few seats available on the Lynn bandwagon.
      People need to jump on now.
      The bandwagon closes once they go on this 3 game win streak and are back to 5-5.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

I have always said this:

Coaches coach
        Players play

give credit and blame for both.
        Coaches dont miss tackles, take missteps or commit P.I.

Biggest blame of all: INJURIES. When stars are not playing, the quality of play drops.

So call me an apologist or Lynn lover or whatever, I am a Charger fan and want them all to succeed.
        I believe Casey Hayward saying the scheme works over forum posters ragin about blown losses anyday.
        Not that I'm disagreeing but do you think there was a chance in hell that Hayward was going to say the scheme they play,...with a lead isn't good and we do the same thing every week and it don't work?

The Raiders have a lot of injuries and have 4 wins. The Niners have a lot of injuries and have 4 wins.

We can't say we are losing because of injuries when we have 17 and 21 point leads in games only to lose late.

The scheme works great for a half, even 3 quarters only for something to go wrong. It's injuries? A softer pocket fence? The talent is only 2-3 quarters good enough?
        It's something alright and its carried over from last season.
        Last season when we got Derwin back, we went 1-4 with him.
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-05-2020, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

The bandwagon closes once they go on this 3 game win streak and are back to 5-5.
          I’ll pass
          and gladly give you credit first for seeing something I don’t/can’t, if we make a run.
          I think every win this season sets us back long term in both much needed draft positioning but more importantly by making Lynn look competitive vs his counterparts

We saw Rivers make Norv and McCoy look legit at one point, Herbert runs the risk of doing the same.

this will be the last I say on the subject as I think I’ve been clear and fair throughout my posts and I’m sure many are tired of reading the same chit. This is a fan forum so I promise I won’t troll.

rooting for health and player development/experience and nothing else.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Very few seats available? Its still packed?

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Very few seats available? Its still packed?
              They traded in for a clown car for gas mileage since they don't need the space.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I have always said this:

Coaches coach
                Players play

Biggest blame of all: INJURIES. When stars are not playing, the quality of play drops.

So call me an apologist or Lynn lover or whatever, I am a Charger fan and want them all to succeed.
                I believe Casey Hayward saying the scheme works over forum posters ragin about blown losses anyday.
                Exhibit A; Mike Tomlin 2019 Steelers Big Ben out after one and a half game for the remainder of the season, JuJu Smith-Schuster only suited up for twelve games. James Conner only appeared in 10. Mason Rudoph assumed the starting role 6 quarters into the season. Players like Devlin Hodges, Kerrith Whyte and Deon Cain, who’d started the season on practice squads suddenly found themselves dressing or even starting in prime time games. Steelers finished 8-8 Tomlin is a disciplinary coach, that is why you don't see them missing a bunch of tackles, committing a bunch of penalties etc....

8-8 Duck Hodge at QB isn't even in the league any more and Mason Rudolph is trash 8-8 they also had injuries on the oline through that 2019 season their Pouncey missed time also.

I don't get or see why everyone wants to give Lynn a pass as much as I want to see Lynn succeed he just isn't that guy.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BearWithJetpack View Post

They traded in for a clown car for gas mileage since they don't need the space.
                  They are versatile as they double as a coffin

Comment

• therber219
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2017
                    • Iowa
                    • Send PM

I have always said this:

Coaches coach
                    Players play

I believe double digit leads lost over anyone saying a scheme works.... Results say otherwise, no matter who says it works. I've been a charger fan since 79, and it just never gets easier to see teams with talent play down to competition, and it's a coaches job to stop that... Lynn might be a good person, but he is not a good coach... Or at least a good head coach.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                      Outback Goon
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Australia
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not that I'm disagreeing but do you think there was a chance in hell that Hayward was going to say the scheme they play,...with a lead isn't good and we do the same thing every week and it don't work?

The Raiders have a lot of injuries and have 4 wins. The Niners have a lot of injuries and have 4 wins.

We can't say we are losing because of injuries when we have 17 and 21 point leads in games only to lose late.

The scheme works great for a half, even 3 quarters only for something to go wrong. It's injuries? A softer pocket fence? The talent is only 2-3 quarters good enough?
                      It's something alright and its carried over from last season.
                      Last season when we got Derwin back, we went 1-4 with him.
                      You want me to believe Casey lied? You want me to believe a "what if" over his exact words? Thats gonna be a NO from me dawg.

as for other teams record: Football is about matchups. Some favor you, some dont. Any given Sunday any team can win. If you continue to judge your team vs what other teams do then its gonna be disappointment street.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

You want me to believe Casey lied? You want me to believe a "what if" over his exact words? Thats gonna be a NO from me dawg.

as for other teams record: Football is about matchups. Some favor you, some dont. Any given Sunday any team can win. If you continue to judge your team vs what other teams do then its gonna be disappointment street.
                        Not saying he lied,. But if you think he is going to say anything negative, I believe that's naive. Even Ramsey didn't say how he felt til he went elsewhere and he is a mouthy guy.

Now maybe Hayward does feel that way, who knows. But things if they come out, happen when they leave elsewhere or retire.
                        Mel said they don't make adjustments. They just do their thing. His exact words, and their thing seems to be being out coached in the second half because they don't make adjustments. The matchups worked well in the first half the last 4-5 games,..... So what happened?

Coaches didn't coach? Stayed the course while the other side made adjustments.

Comment

Working...
                        X