• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Doc
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • St. Louis, MO
    • Send PM

Bizarre Play Calling By Lynn Against Jacksonville

During the press conference Lynn was asked: "Easton Stick came in for 2 plays, what was that?"

Lynn's response: "That was us throwing everything we had at them, I like to throw things early, make teams think about it"

Follow up question: "What does Easton bring in a package that Justin doesn't?"

Lynn: "Some of those were quarterback driven plays where he may have to run the football, I don't want to put Justin in a position where he has to run the ball too many times"

yeah, I'm sure the Jaguars were in panic mode when Easton Stick came in the game ("oh no what's happening! my head is spinning! Please God save us!")

That was just bizarre on all levels, and had almost no reasonable explanation. Super concerning.
  • Biggestfan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Doc View Post
    During the press conference Lynn was asked: "Easton Stick came in for 2 plays, what was that?"

Lynn's response: "That was us throwing everything we had at them, I like to throw things early, make teams think about it"

Lynn: "Some of those were quarterback driven plays where he may have to run the football, I don't want to put Justin in a position where he has to run the ball too many times"

yeah, I'm sure the Jaguars were in panic mode when Easton Stick came in the game ("oh no what's happening! my head is spinning! Please God save us!")

That was just bizarre on all levels, and had almost no reasonable explanation. Super concerning.
    Spoken by a man who is clearly way in over his head.

Comment

• Silversurfer
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Los Angeles
      • Send PM

I loved this question from the reporter. Lynn and the O.C out there calling Pop Warner football plays ugggh.

Comment

Yes, the series with Stick was bizarre.

However, I thought the decision to kneel on the ball at the 40 at the end of the first half was even more bizarre, especially in light of the decision to run the ball against TB from their own 6 yard line instead of kneeling.

Comment

• RollingThunder
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

For some reason I actually saw it as some form of punishment or to settle Herbert down as he was being inconsistent before that.

Maybe he just didn't want to say that so he made up this excuse?

Whatever it was, it was truly bizarre.

Comment

• Bolt Doc
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2020
            • St. Louis, MO
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

I loved this question from the reporter. Lynn and the O.C out there calling Pop Warner football plays ugggh.
            same. and from the tone of his voice, you could tell the reporter already knew the answer to that question: absolutely nothing. lol

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Next up on the Bizarro Lynn Gadget Play list:

1. The Feeney Fumbleroosky--with our beloved center ending up with the rock for no gain...
              2. The Stick Statue of Liberty Play--with our beloved backup QB handing off to Guyton for a loss of 10 yds...
              3. The Kelley Flea Flicker to Sticker Play--with our RB taking the handoff, pitches it back to Stick, who gets sacked...

...and I'm sure Lynn and Stitch are sitting around and cooking up even more of these weird plays as we speak...what's next?

Comment

• Heatmiser
                BetterToday ThanYesterday
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I think the Chargers tried to see if they could emulate Tyson Hill and the Saints with Stick. Now we know the answer to that.

I did like the jet sweeps and would like to see a lot more of those with Joe Reed.

Lynn is acting more and more like Parcells, except for the winning part. The reporters, who all sound as if they are 15 years old and are barely intelligible most of the time except for Joe Reedy and Jeff Miller, keep pimping Lynn about not supporting Herbert and Lynn just keeps grumbling.

Herbert is just a phenomenal talent. He makes that crap OLine look decent. He makes unknown receivers like Guyton look good. Dont take him off the field.

Justin Jackson is slow, lacks initial quickness and has no power. Not a fan.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                  I think the Chargers tried to see if they could emulate Tyson Hill and the Saints with Stick. Now we know the answer to that.

I did like the jet sweeps and would like to see a lot more of those with Joe Reed.

Lynn is acting more and more like Parcells, except for the winning part. The reporters, who all sound as if they are 15 years old and are barely intelligible most of the time except for Joe Reedy and Jeff Miller, keep pimping Lynn about not supporting Herbert and Lynn just keeps grumbling.

Herbert is just a phenomenal talent. He makes that crap OLine look decent. He makes unknown receivers like Guyton look good. Dont take him off the field.

Justin Jackson is slow, lacks initial quickness and has no power. Not a fan.

TG
                  Yep...I'll re-post a comment from another thread that relates to this:

Yep...it's like Lynn is trotting out Stick for those gimmick plays so he can say, "hey, look at me, I'm really smart! I can use Stick just like a winning team like the Saints uses Taysom Hill!!! See? That PROVES I'm smart!!!"

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

I effen hate when teams pull their qb. It works like one time in ten.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

The positive was we got to see Stick against 'varsity' competition. The problem is that I'm not sure that Stick is even a real backup now.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Eh, We saw Stick for two gadget plays in the middle of a game. I won't give up on him yet. He was the only qb to complete a pass to Mike Williams yesterday!

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                        X