Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant recall seeing that many opposing team fans at a game, man pats fans are pricks too.

Comment

• MakoShark
      Disgruntled
      • Jun 2013
      • North Alabama
      • Send PM

I thought Rivers and the offense wasted what was one of the defenses best performances of the season. The D scored as many points as the O and they handed the ball back to Rivers and Co. multiple times in the 3rd quarter with a lead. The D created turnovers and Brady's jersey wasn't clean. The D did their job. Rivers and Co stunk up the joint and left the D exposed and gassed in the 4th.

Someone tell me what happened to our ball control, move the chains schemes?
      sigpic

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        Didn't really intend to crap the thread, but I just don't think the defense played good enough to win the game so I find it hard to list as a positive. Again, we had the lead going into the 4th quarter and neither offense was doing anything. And then our defense collapsed with the game on the line and theirs didn't. Not sure why they should get a pass while choking up 10 4th quarter points at home. The Pats defense didn't wilt like ours did.
        The D held them without a first down in the third quarter. A Tom Brady offense had no first downs on four possessions in an entire quarter.

The two TDs they scored: one was on a drive that started on our 25 after a blocked punt. The other was admittedly a breakdown on a long pass play but a little flukey in that two players had a shot at a tackle and didn't make the play.

Two times inside our 5 yields only 6 points. Three other times inside our 20 (once after a 27 yd punt) results in 10 points and an INT. Pretty solid considering the quality of that offense.

3.1 ypc.

Stuckey recovered a fumble and returned it 53 yards for a TD. Defensive scores are usually considered positive.

The final couple of possessions were garbage time yards after the D was pretty gassed defending against whatever the final average starting position was for NE (last I saw was something ridiculous like the 43).

Final score and stats might not show it, but IMO that was one of our best defensive efforts this season particularly considering the opponent (fewest points scored by NE since Sept).

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
          I thought Rivers and the offense wasted what was one of the defenses best performances of the season. The D scored as many points as the O and they handed the ball back to Rivers and Co. multiple times in the 3rd quarter with a lead. The D created turnovers and Brady's jersey wasn't clean. The D did their job. Rivers and Co stunk up the joint and left the D exposed and gassed in the 4th.

Someone tell me what happened to our ball control, move the chains schemes?
          we had shit field position on exchanges all night and our OL sucked- not a winning recipe for this offense right now.
          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
            The D held them without a first down in the third quarter. A Tom Brady offense had no first downs on four possessions in an entire quarter.

The two TDs they scored: one was on a drive that started on our 25 after a blocked punt. The other was admittedly a breakdown on a long pass play but a little flukey in that two players had a shot at a tackle and didn't make the play.

Two times inside our 5 yields only 6 points. Three other times inside our 20 (once after a 27 yd punt) results in 10 points and an INT. Pretty solid considering the quality of that offense.

3.1 ypc.

Stuckey recovered a fumble and returned it 53 yards for a TD. Defensive scores are usually considered positive.

The final couple of possessions were garbage time yards after the D was pretty gassed defending against whatever the final average starting position was for NE (last I saw was something ridiculous like the 43).

Final score and stats might not show it, but IMO that was one of our best defensive efforts this season particularly considering the opponent (fewest points scored by NE since Sept).
            All those stats are true. Yet what is also true is that their defense held us down for 3 quarters too. Which defense stepped up with the game on the line and which defense folded?

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

All those stats are true. Yet what is also true is that their defense held us down for 3 quarters too. Which defense stepped up with the game on the line and which defense folded?
              Not sure how you can be unhappy with the defense. They played their hearts out.

We couldn't run the ball effectively, and that forced them to have to pass, and we couldn't protect Rivers.

I did not expect to win this game, and was encouraged by the defense.

Beat KC, Beat SF, and maybe beat Denver too. Get in the playoffs, and see what can happen!
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• KNSD
                Registered Charger Hater
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I guess my reply to that is - do what the Pats did. Our defense shut them down for 3 quarters and then collapsed in crunch time. Their defense held us down for 3 quarters and then stifled us completely in the 4th quarter. If we had done that, we win. We didn't and lost by 9.
                Field Position.....
                Prediction:
                Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

[QUOTE=coachmarkos;132570]Not sure how you can be unhappy with the defense. They played their hearts out. I Agree

We couldn't run the ball effectively, and that forced them to have to pass, and we couldn't protect Rivers. I think we got in the we got to pass and get down the field mode when Scrifes went out and kind of abandon the run when we were still ahead

I did not expect to win this game, and was encouraged by the defense. I was doubting we would win, but see we were in position to win leading starting the 4th quarter is discouraging

Beat KC, Beat SF, and maybe beat Denver too. Get in the playoffs, and see what can happen! San Fran is very winnable their D isn't what it use to be, Frank Gore is like how LT was for us in his last years, Kapernack just make him a passer in the pocket, with KC you need to figure a way to contain Jamal Charles and that is a winnable game, Denver will be the toughest challenge

Comment

• Boltimore
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Naples, FL
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard4SanDiego View Post
                    I cant recall seeing that many opposing team fans at a game, man pats fans are pricks too.
                    Here in the east, we call them massholes.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Their Coverage unit was nails. I dont think its fair to say we 'folded.' We gave up a late long TD but I didnt see it as a fold. It happens. But we had gamelong field position pressure on our D. Their D took advantage of having us deep in our end the whole game. Pretty different circumstances.

I dont really see how anyone stakes out this position after probably our second best defensive performance of the year. We're only starting to get our D back and they looked great for most of the game. I just dont see throwing them under the bus after that performance.

Comment

• TTK
                        EX-Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • America's Finest City
                        • Send PM

The defense played great. The Patriots dominated time of possession because the offense was so inept but the defense just looked worn down towards the end of the game.

Also, no one mentioned Te'o. He keeps getting better and better. At this point, he should be in there for Butler and Butler should be riding the bench.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

O is broken, not sure there's a fix this season.

Comment

Working...
                          X