• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marshall/Boogie
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Just watched McCoy on NFL AM...

... and his interview demeanor is very much like a certain coach in NE.

Now I know NONE of us are fans of him or the PAsterisks. However, if the super dry/not giving ANYthing away/played out coach speak interview answers are part of a coaching personality trait that yields a record similar to the Hoodie, well...

Let me just say that as a fan, I'll endure those awful interviews - AND never knowing what's really going on with injuries, AND pissing off the local press by not giving any inside scoops - for the Bolts to achieve that kind of NFL success and have those trophies in the Chargers trophy case in the next decade.

I realize many of us believe we are at least a year away to get all the needed pieces to really start a SB run. Be that as it may, let's usher in the next NFL perennial powerhouse by knocking off Belicheat & his golden boy next game.
    Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.
  • KNSD
    Registered Charger Hater
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

The pieces were here this year. Injuries took them away.
    Prediction:
    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Panama
      パナマ
      • Aug 2013
      • London
      • Opera singer and web developer.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
      The pieces were here this year. Injuries took them away.
      We've got a good number of them back, though, so it's not out of reach yet.
      Adipose

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Marshall/Boogie View Post
        ... and his interview demeanor is very much like a certain coach in NE.

Now I know NONE of us are fans of him or the PAsterisks. However, if the super dry/not giving ANYthing away/played out coach speak interview answers are part of a coaching personality trait that yields a record similar to the Hoodie, well...

Let me just say that as a fan, I'll endure those awful interviews - AND never knowing what's really going on with injuries, AND pissing off the local press by not giving any inside scoops - for the Bolts to achieve that kind of NFL success and have those trophies in the Chargers trophy case in the next decade.

I realize many of us believe we are at least a year away to get all the needed pieces to really start a SB run. Be that as it may, let's usher in the next NFL perennial powerhouse by knocking off Belicheat & his golden boy next game.
        Hopefully he won't have to resort to cheating like the Hoodie had to.

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
          We've got a good number of them back, though, so it's not out of reach yet.

I think we over-achieved last year in good measure because of Woody and the stout OL with Clary and Hardwick. Those to me are/were critical pieces that we won't get back and haven't adequately replaced and our offensive struggles and inconsistency reflect that. We could still make a run with what we have, but they have GOT to cut out all the stupid penalties and breakdowns on defense and STs and have smart offensive game plans EVERY game from here on out to advance past a lucky playoff berth.
          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Boltergeist
            Pesky apparition
            • Jun 2013
            • Baja Oklahoma
            • Send PM

I may have to drop out of the Pollyanna society because I think SDfan's post is spot on. The only thing I might quibble with a little is calling last year's OL stout. It was much better than this year's, but the offensive game plans and Woodhead's and Mathews's presence made it look better than it was.

Comment

• Panama
              パナマ
              • Aug 2013
              • London
              • Opera singer and web developer.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltergeist View Post
              I may have to drop out of the Pollyanna society because I think SDfan's post is spot on. The only thing I might quibble with a little is calling last year's OL stout. It was much better than this year's, but the offensive game plans and Woodhead's and Mathews's presence made it look better than it was.
              No need to drop out. SDfan's views reflect those of the Ps: That we have the ability to make a run. Yes, he's absolutely right that the instability on the OL, the loss of Woodhead, and the boneheaded mistakes are critical, but remember he also suggests the task is not insurmountable with what we have -- we just have to play better.
              Adipose

Comment

• Boltergeist
                Pesky apparition
                • Jun 2013
                • Baja Oklahoma
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                No need to drop out. SDfan's views reflect those of the Ps: That we have the ability to make a run. Yes, he's absolutely right that the instability on the OL, the loss of Woodhead, and the boneheaded mistakes are critical, but remember he also suggests the task is not insurmountable with what we have -- we just have to play better.
                Which, of course, the Q&As see as a laughable delusion.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                  Charger Fan till the end
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Carolina
                  • Send PM

The way to beat Brady is the same way to beat Manning. 1st....keep them off the field. I completely agree our OL has been mediocre at best with the big injuries taking out 3 of 5 positions. I do think we learned that we can be a pass first team....use that no huddle and quick tempo more often and it will be effective and it will open up the run game too. What we did against the Ravens was very effective. 2nd....obviously some pass rush would help. 3rd....disguise our defensive fronts like we do with Manning....keep him guessing. 4th....stop the bloody penalties on 3rd and long....CBs turn your heads and play the ball more....watch Flowers. 5.....STs....we seemed to have lost the early season edge we had there on tackling....have teams figured out our weaknesses on ST...formations?

Its a home game and sold out. We do need this game more than NE. Our team has a natural dislike for the Cheatriots starting from the head coach on down. I expect we will give 60 minutes. I want NE to hurt.

McCoy compared to Belicheat is night and day. I actually agree with the philosophy of not divulging anything that isnt required....why tell the opposition anything on injuries that would aid them? Yah i'd like to know but i'll take a Win more than knowing if Matthews is Probably or Questionable. I respect McCoy and his methods. Belecheat despite his winning record is scum as a coach and has shit for ethics....any coach that can't go congratulate the victor (or QB for that matter) after a game is an asshat that doesnt' get why you play the game. I will never back Belicheat or Brady for those reasons.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                    The way to beat Brady is the same way to beat Manning. 1st....keep them off the field. I completely agree our OL has been mediocre at best with the big injuries taking out 3 of 5 positions. I do think we learned that we can be a pass first team....use that no huddle and quick tempo more often and it will be effective and it will open up the run game too. What we did against the Ravens was very effective. 2nd....obviously some pass rush would help. 3rd....disguise our defensive fronts like we do with Manning....keep him guessing. 4th....stop the bloody penalties on 3rd and long....CBs turn your heads and play the ball more....watch Flowers. 5.....STs....we seemed to have lost the early season edge we had there on tackling....have teams figured out our weaknesses on ST...formations?

Its a home game and sold out. We do need this game more than NE. Our team has a natural dislike for the Cheatriots starting from the head coach on down. I expect we will give 60 minutes. I want NE to hurt.

McCoy compared to Belicheat is night and day. I actually agree with the philosophy of not divulging anything that isnt required....why tell the opposition anything on injuries that would aid them? Yah i'd like to know but i'll take a Win more than knowing if Matthews is Probably or Questionable. I respect McCoy and his methods. Belecheat despite his winning record is scum as a coach and has shit for ethics....any coach that can't go congratulate the victor (or QB for that matter) after a game is an asshat that doesnt' get why you play the game. I will never back Belicheat or Brady for those reasons.
                    6) Beat the tar out of Brady like he stole somethin...
                    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                      The way to beat Brady is the same way to beat Manning. 1st....keep them off the field. I completely agree our OL has been mediocre at best with the big injuries taking out 3 of 5 positions. I do think we learned that we can be a pass first team....use that no huddle and quick tempo more often and it will be effective and it will open up the run game too. What we did against the Ravens was very effective. 2nd....obviously some pass rEdwards mehelp. 3rd....disguise our defensive fronts like we do with Manning....keep him guessing. 4th....stop the bloody penalties on 3rd and long....CBs turn your heads and play the ball more....watch Flowers. 5.....STs....we seemed to have lost the early season edge we had there on tackling....have teams figured out our weaknesses on ST...formations?

...and that philosophy with the media was the only thing I was comparing about the two. Of course Billecheat is an asshat with other other teams. Of course I think McCoy is night and day with regards to sportsmanship - and probably just being a generally good human (though I know neither of them personally).

I'm just saying that their interview personas are very similar (so far) and if that is somehow a symptom of a dynasty, then I'm happy to endure the wooden media responses vs a more colorful and open HC in front of the camera (ala say, Herm Edwards, Ditka, Bum Phillips, etc, take your pick, on Down the line thru NFL history).
                      Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                        6) Beat the tar out of Brady like he stole somethin...
                        like he stole your mama's Virginity :lol:
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                        X