• Nov 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
    3 plays = 3 wins

Badgely FG
    MDub TD
    Faycson End Zone

can anyone argue these points?

Players were in position to make the play and simply didnt.

Ive said before and i'll say again:
    Stick with the guy who went 12-4 when players made plays
    it should not be about one play. Not sure if you watched the Patriots/chargers game this year. Enough said.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Practice is one thing. Live game action vs opponent on game day is different. There has always been talk about how fast the game is and rookie needing time to adjust so it slows down.

And of course coaches look at big picture. Reid knew Mahomes was the more talented player. He still sat him a year behind a veteran.

​​​​​​Typical of team to not start freshman QB in NFL. Its a big transition. Especially if you played pistol or spread and not anything pro style or from under center. Herbert had a lot to learn and a new system to learn. Tyrod the vet already knows the system.

And there was no pre season because of pandemic. Lynn had said after draft the kid would get a chance to win starting job in pre-season games.

The arguement Chain makes that Lynn should have started Herbert from game one and also went pass heavy and put it all on Herbert is completely absurd.

They did pass block well enough to go pass heavy and put it all on Herbeet. The run game and screen game slows down a pass rush which allows Herbert better chance to succeed on his other throws down the field.

The kid likely ends up on IR and the team wins less games with the Chainy plan. The absolute dumbest idea for bringing along a guy who should be the face of the franchise for the next 15 season.

You get a new car that needs some upgrades to really be a sweet ride that can win at the track, but Chain want to take it the track right away and put the pedal to the floor without any real practice runs. He has no issue wreaking it on his 1st lap.
      And based on his posts and how he argues things, he would certainly blame the car (Herbert) for failing to get around track. But not his decision for going too fast too soon without enough practice time and track time.
      :smh:
      ​​​​​​

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
        Practice is one thing. Live game action vs opponent on game day is different. There has always been talk about how fast the game is and rookie needing time to adjust so it slows down.

And of course coaches look at big picture. Reid knew Mahomes was the more talented player. He still sat him a year behind a veteran.

​​​​​​Typical of team to not start freshman QB in NFL. Its a big transition. Especially if you played pistol or spread and not anything pro style or from under center. Herbert had a lot to learn and a new system to learn. Tyrod the vet already knows the system.

And there was no pre season because of pandemic. Lynn had said after draft the kid would get a chance to win starting job in pre-season games.

The arguement Chain makes that Lynn should have started Herbert from game one and also went pass heavy and put it all on Herbert is completely absurd.

They did pass block well enough to go pass heavy and put it all on Herbeet. The run game and screen game slows down a pass rush which allows Herbert better chance to succeed on his other throws down the field.

The kid likely ends up on IR and the team wins less games with the Chainy plan. The absolute dumbest idea for bringing along a guy who should be the face of the franchise for the next 15 season.

You get a new car that needs some upgrades to really be a sweet ride that can win at the track, but Chain want to take it the track right away and put the pedal to the floor without any real practice runs. He has no issue wreaking it on his 1st lap.
        And based on his posts and how he argues things, he would certainly blame the car (Herbert) for failing to get around track. But not his decision for going too fast too soon without enough practice time and track time.
        ​​​​​​
        You cannot compare the two. Reid had Smith who was a very good veteran QB. Lynn had Taylor who is nothing more than a quality back up in this league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

​​​​​​
          Reid knew that Mahomes had the higher ceiling, but not that he would be the better player right away. Smith led the NFL in passer rating in 2017 and was named to 3 Pro Bowls while with the Chiefs.

There is a huge difference between Smith and Tyrod Taylor. Again, that is a stupid comparison and it showed just how impaired Lynn's thought processes are when he made that comparison.

Lynn was obviously wrong--just a night and day difference between Herbert and Taylor. Herbert should have been starting from day 1.

Our team stats speak for themselves and support my view as do the games lost by Lynn going early down run heavy.

Lynn continues to misuse Herbert with his passes to RBs and WR screens.

There is simply no proof to support your idiotic take that Herbert would somehow be guaranteed to get injured if he attempted more passes. Our last QB did not miss a start in 14 seasons for the team.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

You cannot compare the two. Reid had Smith who was a very good veteran QB. Lynn had Taylor who is nothing more than a quality back up in this league.
            That is true but Lynn thinks he is a good QB and a starter in this league. I'm just glad it worked out like it did.

Some here get mad about Herbert getting a record he my or may not get on Sunday because he missed a game.... I don't really care about that. If he gets it, then great. I won't complain if he doesn't.

I didn't know who held it til he was getting in reach and it was mentioned. An accomizhment sure but it isn't something that gets you in the HOF later.
            ​​​​​​
            ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That is true but Lynn thinks he is a good QB and a starter in this league. I'm just glad it worked out like it did.

Some here get mad about Herbert getting a record he my or may not get on Sunday because he missed a game.... I don't really care about that. If he gets it, then great. I won't complain if he doesn't.

I didn't know who held it til he was getting in reach and it was mentioned. An accomizhment sure but it isn't something that gets you in the HOF later.
              ​​​​​​
              ​​​​​​
              I want Herbert to get that record. That builds team momentum and notoriety. That helps to build a fan base and helps to draw head coaching candidates. It is also good for Herbert's confidence. Seriously, if I were calling plays, I would go all out to get that record for Herbert. I think the team would rally behind that as well, both on offense and defense.

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Its amazing how people blame Rivers for defensive meltdowns and other faults that the QB has nothing to do with. I seriously cannot believe I just read that you blame Rivers and find fault in him for the Colts D not being able to stop the Steelers in the second half.

Lynn gets the blame for sticking with a window licking retard coaching (or not coaching) the STs. Lynn gets the blame for not understanding how a game clock works. Lynn gets the blame for having no answers for other teams adjustments as the game goes on. Lynn gets the blame for not lighting a fire under his D coordinators ass when Gus is out of ideas and just collecting a check on the sidelines. Lynn gets the blame for slamming on the breaks every time his team gets a lead and then cannot get the O back going again. These are not a one off. These are failings of Lynn over and over again, game in and game out. He is not learning from his mistakes, he is doubling down on them. You can't fix stupid so we need to fire stupid along with his cast of merry retards.

WTF are you talking about. I did not blame Rivers for the defense performance in the 2nd half. Or for any other players performance. Please show me in my post where I blamed him for things he can't control.

I blame him for the late game interception when he had the ball in his hands on 1st and 10. when he had time and open recievers. Down 4 pts And he makes a stupid costly turnover. It was a terrible situational football decision. That is what I blamed him for. His play. His decision. How he hurt his team chances of winning with late game 4th quarter stupid throw.

If you want to start calling people stupid. Start with yourself and your terrible comprehension skills. And then add to that your terrible football IQ and making up things that are not true.

Gus defense shut out Falcons in 2nd half. They offense passed it 6 of 1st 8 plays to start 2nd half. Bad adjustments?

There is none of what you say happening.
                They passed it the same amount in 2nd half with leads. They passed it almost the same amount on 1st down as they do run. They mix it up
                In the Bronco game they passed it more on 1st down than they ran it on 1st down all game long.

I went an looked at how they started 2nd half vs Falcons, Raiders and Broncos. They were more pass heavy to start the 2nd half.

Vs Broncos up 13-0
                ​​​​​​1st Three drives of 2nd half. 11 passes and 5 runs.
                A drop TD pass in endzone. So FG made instead.
                ​​​​​​​and that's without two of the best targets Allen and Henry not playing. Still didn't stop from passing it.

Im not seeing turtle up and run run run punt.
                Just didn't happen. But you can feel like it did. And be mad about it.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

​​​​​​
                  ​​​​​​
                  Really. Now check down Alex. Is the excuse for Reid. Please.
                  At some point it's okay to say. You know Lynn is doing very typical HC stuff that others like Belicheat or Reid do. And leave it at that. Nope. Got to split hairs and say well Alex is better than Tyrod.. it's not about comparing to Tyrod.

Its about the arguement of the more talented QB should have started. Then when. I push back on that debate. Then there is an exception to that idea. Well of course there is....otherwise might have to admit it's. Or uncommon for an HC to do what Lynn did with Herbert. Especially no pre season.

Plus Mahomes had pre season and threw for over 300yds 4TD no interception. And there comments based on his arm talent and improve ability after the 2017 pre season that he is one of the 20 most exciting players in the league but wont start to next season. And still Reid did not put the obviously more talent player as his starter.

Its just so damn hypocritical to split hairs with Reid QB decision and Lynn QB decision. They were the same decision for the same reason. And Reid had the better team and roster and and got to see him in live action. Where Lynn did not get to see Herbert in live action and has the team with less talent.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                    Stack Au Ag Pb
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

I don’t know about Lynn and that Pats game is lingering for me. Lynn and the Chargers and all their weaknesses were completely exposed in that game. Meanwhile the Pats look completely average against everyone else.

Comment

• victoriaboltfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • victoria b.c.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                      I don’t know about Lynn and that Pats game is lingering for me. Lynn and the Chargers and all their weaknesses were completely exposed in that game. Meanwhile the Pats look completely average against everyone else.
                      The Chargers have far less talent then some here think...Injuries and a serious lack of depth killed this season.Do I think Lynn is a good coach..no ,but John Boy and TT really haven't given him much help

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

WTF are you talking about. I did not blame Rivers for the defense performance in the 2nd half. Or for any other players performance. Please show me in my post where I blamed him for things he can't control.

I blame him for the late game interception when he had the ball in his hands on 1st and 10. when he had time and open recievers. Down 4 pts And he makes a stupid costly turnover. It was a terrible situational football decision. That is what I blamed him for. His play. His decision. How he hurt his team chances of winning with late game 4th quarter stupid throw.

If you want to start calling people stupid. Start with yourself and your terrible comprehension skills. And then add to that your terrible football IQ and making up things that are not true.

Gus defense shut out Falcons in 2nd half. They offense passed it 6 of 1st 8 plays to start 2nd half. Bad adjustments?

They passed it the same amount in 2nd half with leads. They passed it almost the same amount on 1st down as they do run. They mix it up
                        In the Bronco game they passed it more on 1st down than they ran it on 1st down all game long.

I went an looked at how they started 2nd half vs Falcons, Raiders and Broncos. They were more pass heavy to start the 2nd half.

Vs Broncos up 13-0
                        ​​​​​​​and that's without two of the best targets Allen and Henry not playing. Still didn't stop from passing it.

The early down run heavy approach killed the drive that led to our FG to go up 13-0.

The early down run call that started the final drive of the first half wasted 29 seconds for a loss of one yard. Our head coach is the only head coach stupid enough to run in that situation in the first place.

The early down run heavy turtle approach on the first drive of the second half kick started DEN's momentum just as it did in Denver.

The early down run heavy approach stalled our final drive and gave DEN a chance to tie or win on their final drive. But it was a nice touch to call timeout to ice our own kicker.

Add in the usual 5 completions to RBs and short WR screens and the offense begins to look very conservative.

Basically, if you were to take an almost negative sign and put it in front of what Josh Allen and the Bills did to shred the Broncos, completing 22 passes to WRs against a depleted Bronco secondary, you would have our idiotic approach of not emphasizing our WRs (10 receptions total). But hey, why would anyone want to borrow from a game plan that put up 48 points against an opponent your team is about to play?

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Vs Broncos up 13-0

You placed the blame on Rivers for the loss. When the Colts D was the real culprit. I just pointed that out.

At this point I just feel pity for you. You have dug so deep into the defend the indefensible hole you have no where to go but deeper, if you give up on Lynn then people will be asking you what took you so long to see the light? So you just keep telling yourself people are laughing with you not at you.

When you defend Gus and his coaching this season you have jumped the shark. Normally I like your takes (outside of the Lynn debacle) but this has just caused people to no longer take you seriously.

The big problem is you cherry pick stats or anecdotal evidence to support ridiculous opinions, look at the last couple of seasons as a whole and in patterns, you will see what everyone else is seeing, Lynn is a bad coach making bad decisions, constantly out coached, makes poor game time decisions, does not understand the basic concept of time, has no answers for other coaches to his game plan, support of the worst STs in all of football, he is not the victim of a random bad play here or there.

Comment

Working...
                          X