• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
    We just witnessed the best rookie performance all time this season. Fans should be praising the effort instead we got 170+ pages of bitching about how Lynn held Herbet back. What a load of rubbish. Charger fans prefer to be miserable than enjoy witnessing history.
    The TD record is nice but he hasn't broke the yardage record yet so it's not the best all time rookie performance,....... Yet.

There was praise in the game thread so you aren't looking in the right place.

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Totally! Lynn admits he still wants a balanced offense.

Personally - I want a team that wins games and outscores the opponent - I know thats crazy

And continuity is nice if you have the right coaching staff. Now I can see the Spanii buying the nonsense about needing to keep Lynn (Pep and Steichen) for Herbert but if you can upgrade the coaching staff, isn't that better for the ENTIRE team.
      agree, and i would add that the goal on offense is not to run out the clock and keep games close, it is about trying to score as many points(as in TD's) as possible......the goal of the defense is to shut out the other team and get as many turnovers as possible...... its not about bending but not breaking or running out clock......

Comment

• Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
        We just witnessed the best rookie performance all time this season. Fans should be praising the effort instead we got 170+ pages of bitching about how Lynn held Herbet back. What a load of rubbish. Charger fans prefer to be miserable than enjoy witnessing history.
        Your post is just ignorant.

Lynn has held Herbert back all over the place and did so again today. Now, thanks to Lynn, Herbert has virtually no shot at the rookie passing yards record, which should have been his with ease, but for Lynn's season long mismanagement of Herbert.

I want to see Herbert reach his peak performance, which is why Lynn must be gone at the end of this season. Lynn's ineptitude is stunning. He is a historically bad head coach, not just the worst head coach in the NFL in 2020.

And now that we are at 6 wins, maybe some here can finally see what Lynn's ineptitude has cost us this season with 6-8 games blown by Lynn's coaching and every win being closer than it should have been.

As soon as Lynn is gone, the future will look much brighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The TD record is nice but he hasn't broke the yardage record yet so it's not the best all time rookie performance,....... Yet.

And now he is not going to break it barring a 341 yard effort against KC. Thank you, Anthony Lynn, for not starting Herbert in week 1 and for your idiotic early down run heavy approach all season long, which has kept Herbert behind the sticks all too frequently.

All we needed was a non-idiot at head coach, but I guess that was too much to ask.

Comment

• jubei
            Vagabond Ninja
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            Tomorrow morning:

Anthoney, please come in our office.

AL:Yes Dean

DS: JohnBoy has noticed this team trending upwards sharply. That's three wins in a row and two division games.
            We probably won't win next week unless they play second stringers, so we will let that slide,.... but we like what you have done lately. We would like to offer you a three year extention.

AL: Damn right Dean! I have these guys accountable STs is playing well. I've assigned George to watching film and keeping my vending machine full and things are rolling.
            Thank you for noticing my efforts.
            I am the leader of Men for this team. Let's tell the media asap so you look like a genius.
            This is what I'm fearing with these meaningless wins against the CRAPTASTIC teams of the NFL. this idiot ownership sees wins against bottom feeders as an accomplishment. They are absolutely hollow wins. Even the wins were not demonstrative wins. They EEK out a win against a terrible donk team that was missing their WHOLE secondary. they let a guy who could barely hit the side of a barn door take them to OT, and had basically lost their last 4 or 5 games straight. And SUPER lucky Matt Ryan threw an uncharacteristic 3 INTs. Unimpressed with this win streak. Do it against better teams on a semi-consistent basis and then color me impressed.

Comment

• jubei
              Vagabond Ninja
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
              I believe this thread IS about the future with lynn, not our future with Herbert. But I agree with the GROAT season! All hail Herbert! Kid is a BALLUH! Unfortunately, I dont think he'll break the all-time rookie passing yards record ...shoot just looked up this game and he had 253 yards. I thought it was low 200's. He'll need something like 350 to break it this last game. Not impossible for the kid. The coaching staff should call tons of passes to allow him to get that record as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by jubei View Post

I believe this thread IS about the future with lynn, not our future with Herbert. But I agree with the GROAT season! All hail Herbert! Kid is a BALLUH! Unfortunately, I dont think he'll break the all-time rookie passing yards record ...shoot just looked up this game and he had 253 yards. I thought it was low 200's. He'll need something like 350 to break it this last game. Not impossible for the kid. The coaching staff should call tons of passes to allow him to get that record as well.
                He needs 341 if my math is correct. Man, if I were calling plays in this meaningless game with KC likely playing reserves at some point, I would be calling a 90+/10- passes to runs and would play the entire game in the hurry up offense.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

And now he is not going to break it barring a 341 yard effort against KC. Thank you, Anthony Lynn, for not starting Herbert in week 1 and for your idiotic early down run heavy approach all season long, which has kept Herbert behind the sticks all too frequently.

All we needed was a non-idiot at head coach, but I guess that was too much to ask.
                  If Mahomes plays it will be a shootout so he has a shot. Lynn will still run the ball but if we fall too far behind he will have to throw more.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

This is what I'm fearing with these meaningless wins against the CRAPTASTIC teams of the NFL. this idiot ownership sees wins against bottom feeders as an accomplishment. They are absolutely hollow wins. Even the wins were not demonstrative wins. They EEK out a win against a terrible donk team that was missing their WHOLE secondary. they let a guy who could barely hit the side of a barn door take them to OT, and had basically lost their last 4 or 5 games straight. And SUPER lucky Matt Ryan threw an uncharacteristic 3 INTs. Unimpressed with this win streak. Do it against better teams on a semi-consistent basis and then color me impressed.
                    Agree. I just don't trust our front office/ owners to do the right thing.

And according to Critty, it seems only our team was missing multiple players lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If Mahomes plays it will be a shootout so he has a shot. Lynn will still run the ball but if we fall too far behind he will have to throw more.
                      Herbert threw for 311 in the first game, but this will be in Kansas City in December (well, okay, early January). While it is possible that he throws for 341, I think the odds are against him, especially if Lynn uses his usual crappy game plan.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                        Outback Goon
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Australia
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

yeah, maybe we should have a 170 page thread for Herb. We are witnessing greatness

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Norv was fired at 7-9, after that 2012 season. The team moved on from him. We have to hope Dean comes to his senses with Lynn.

I hope Tony Pauline's reports are true. All the stuff about how Lynn is respected by people and all that jazz has to be smoke-and-mirrors, if those reports about the team pulling the plug with him holds any water.

Comment

Working...
                          X