• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

HC and his coaches decide who makes the team and who plays.
    Lynn i would assume gets together with Telesco if somebody is on the bubble from there and is decided to be cut from bad performance
    I think Lynn strongly recommends who make 53 man roster and practice squad, he doesn't decide. I think Telesco is in collaboration with him.
    But, If he decided to cut Ekeler, Allen, or Bosa. Then Telesco would look at him side eye like are you joking. And then if he was serious. He would be fired on the spot.
    This is the very much a Telesco roster now. The last AJ player Ingram is on IR and won't be back. I believe the rest of roster is all Telesco built.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
      koos first last second miss was blocked in denver....special teams screw ups from day 1,
      Telesco?! He is responsible for the roster and the coaches. At any point he can say Lynn we need a new special team coach right now. This is a list of candidates. I'm not taking no for an answer. Like it or not. This is the direction we are going.
      And let's remember that Special Teams were awful in 2015 and 2016. And Lynn wasn't even here. Lynn is accountable for sure for what is happening on his watch. but Telesco should be more accountable, how many years does he get to build a great special teams unit.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

probably not a good choice of words...you might consider deleting it.
        :dunno: I must be missing something.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I think Lynn strongly recommends who make 53 man roster and practice squad, he doesn't decide. I think Telesco is in collaboration with him.
          But, If he decided to cut Ekeler, Allen, or Bosa. Then Telesco would look at him side eye like are you joking. And then if he was serious. He would be fired on the spot.
          This is the very much a Telesco roster now. The last AJ player Ingram is on IR and won't be back. I believe the rest of roster is all Telesco built.
          im looking at you sideways for mentioning those players as well.
          I know its an example but a poor example.

That is a "no shit" example which no fool HC would say for more reasons than talent $$$$$

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Telesco?! He is responsible for the roster and the coaches. At any point he can say Lynn we need a new special team coach right now. This is a list of candidates. I'm not taking no for an answer. Like it or not. This is the direction we are going.
            And let's remember that Special Teams were awful in 2015 and 2016. And Lynn wasn't even here. Lynn is accountable for sure for what is happening on his watch. but Telesco should be more accountable, how many years does he get to build a great special teams unit.
            Lynn hired Stewart .
            Telesco provides the players, coaches coach the players.
            Did you already forget that? Those are your famous words.

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Lynn hired Stewart .
              Telesco just picked it looks like a potential generational QB... That other teams passed on, his legacy is now tied with Herbert.... Now for the love of God please go hire a HC that has the right stuff, again I love the idea of the Chargers taking Los Angeles with Jim Harbaugh coaching.... This could maybe do for the Chargers what Jon Gruden has done for the Raiders and the Kc chiefs coach has done for his team, and the coach for the LA rams has done with his team. . . Otherwise Bill Belichick with maybe Matt Patrica as our next DC sounds good to me as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post
                Shoulda but it isn't.
                sorry crusher you just have to be wrong here like it or not
                You analysis that McCoy was better massively fails when put under the microscope
                Your excuses have run out and the coach you are backing (Lynn) sucks.

As others have noted, McCoy and Lynn have accomplished the same things in three different seasons and Lynn is well on his way to making it all four.

Both coaches have a 9-7 non-playoff season. Both coaches have a 5-11 non-playoff season. Both coaches have a wild card round winning playoff season that ended with a divisional round loss.

Your attempt to suggest that Lynn was a better head coach in 2018 than McCoy was in 2013 because Lynn's team had a better regular season record ignores the obvious. One, both teams finished with the same result--divisional round loser after a wild card round win. Two, Lynn's 2018 team was far more talented than McCoy's 2013 team.

McCoy's 2013 team featured a whopping 2 Pro Bowl players on it, not a huge surprise for a team ranked 21st in rushing YPC, 27th in YPC against, and 30th in YPA against. That that team won 9 regular season games and reached the playoffs was a major surprise and a huge overachievement by McCoy.

By contrast, Lynn took an absolutely loaded 2018 team that led the NFL in Pro Bowl players with 7 and could only reach the same final result as McCoy did in 2013 despite his team being arguably the most talented in the entire league while McCoy's team was arguably one of the least talented.

So, if anything, McCoy did a better job than Lynn when comparing the 2013 and 2018 seasons. McCoy did not have a single roster that was as talented as any of Lynn's rosters.

And yet, when it is all said and done after this season, Lynn and McCoy will have functionally identical four year terms as the team's head coach.

While there is a reasonable argument to be made that McCoy actually did a better job than Lynn given that he had less talent to work with in reaching the same result, one does not need to reach that conclusion to see that Lynn should be fired. If McCoy had to be fired, then so does Lynn if the same standard is to be applied for both McCoy and Lynn.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Lynn hired Stewart .
                  Yes that is what I'm saying. Telesco provides the players. And he helps hire the HC. It's Spanos team. Its Telesco roster and HC. Lynn is the HC of Telesco roster. Telesco has every right to advise and recommend to Lynn about the staff on the sidelines. Ultimately Lynn decided to reassign Stewart. Telesco could have made it clear to Lynn a long time ago he wasn't happy with the special teams. There is nothing stopping him from communicating to his HC. I'm just surprised Telesco seems to be escaping the torches and pitchforks in regards to special teams. Especially since it was already a near bottom rank unit before Lynn arrived with Stewart.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

You don’t draft guys for special teams with the exception of kickers. It’s a fill out the roster line up with a few others. Late round picks usually get their start on special teams.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                      *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

Patricia out, hope Monday we will start building for next year.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

:shock:
                        Owner/GM is responsible for the roster and HC.
                        Not sure why that is overlooked here.
                        Rookie Koo went 3of6 and lost games and was cut.
                        Lambo was cut too.
                        Decision maker and designer of this team is who?
                        You miss my point. Regardless of who made the decision to keep or cut him, now that he has good coaching he is a good kicker. He did not have good coaching here and sucked.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Yes that is what I'm saying. Telesco provides the players. And he helps hire the HC. It's Spanos team. Its Telesco roster and HC. Lynn is the HC of Telesco roster. Telesco has every right to advise and recommend to Lynn about the staff on the sidelines. Ultimately Lynn decided to reassign Stewart. Telesco could have made it clear to Lynn a long time ago he wasn't happy with the special teams. There is nothing stopping him from communicating to his HC. I'm just surprised Telesco seems to be escaping the torches and pitchforks in regards to special teams. Especially since it was already a near bottom rank unit before Lynn arrived with Stewart.
                          You try so hard to point the blame away from Lynn.

Comment

Working...
                          X