Clear All
  • captaind
    Cook This Pork Chops
    • Jun 2013
    • Balcony
    • Senile Agitator
    • Send PM

PI/Defensive Holding

Ruining the game as some already stated in the game thread. Brady's & Rodgers' numbers are ridiculous.

When is enough?
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I actually thought most of.them today were legit as defined by current rules. But yes, it's becoming almost impossible to even look at a receiver.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

There was an early one I thought was bullshit.

Just glad the most important one went our way. And it was legit.

@MikePereira: Just now seeing the DPI in Baltimore - that's about as clear interference as can be.

Comment

• Yubaking
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Harbaugh stated after the game that he didn't think the PI on Floyd was PI. A bunch of Ravens fans seemed to voice the same opinion in their game day thread on one of their forums that I was reading, even going so far as to show a picture of a penalty flag as our MVP today.

Short of the defender tackling Floyd, I am not sure how much more obvious that PI could have been.

I am still pissed at the calls against Wright. I thought the call against Gilchrist was correct, but at least it saved us 4 points as Gilchrist was badly beaten on the play and the Ravens only ended up with a FG.
        Last edited by Yubaking; 11-30-2014, 07:09 PM.

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Fuck the Beakshits.

Comment

• Rambler
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • No Cal
            • Civil Research Attorney
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
            Harbaugh stated after the game that he didn't think the PI on Floyd was PI. A bunch of Ravens fans seemed to voice the same opinion in their game day thread on one of their forums that I was reading, even going so far as to show a picture of a penalty flag as our MVP today.

Short of the defender tackling Floyd, I am not sure how much more obvious that PI could have been.

I am still pissed at the calls against Wright. I thought the call against Gilchrist was correct, but at least it saved us 4 points as Gilchrist was badly beaten on the play and the Ravens only ended up with a FG.
            John Harbaugh is a big sore loser. If either team had a bone to pick with the officiating today, and especially the pass interference calls, it was the Chargers. And the call on Floyd was beyond question-- not even a close call.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

He can't have it both ways - either they call it like they did on both teams or they don't. I'll go out on a limb and say it would not have mattered. Rivers was dialed in and we had plenty of time left.

Comment

• Screeme
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

From his vantage point on the sideline, maybe... But for the most part I think he was mostly pissed off and frustrated about the loss. When he watches film, if he is being honest, I think he'll think it was PI. On the review show on NBC before SNF, they all basically said he was wrong and showed the play and play all and why the refs were right. It was a solid call and frankly, if he hadn't.. Floyd probably comes down with it. He probably gave the defense a better chance by interfering a LA Gilchrist earlier in the game.

Comment

• Panama
                  パナマ
                  • Aug 2013
                  • London
                  • Opera singer and web developer.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Rambler View Post
                  John Harbaugh is a big sore loser. If either team had a bone to pick with the officiating today, and especially the pass interference calls, it was the Chargers. And the call on Floyd was beyond question-- not even a close call.
                  The call on Floyd was never going to be PI. It was going to be unnecessary roughness for a hit on a defenseless receiver (if I'm thinking of the same play at the right pylon). There was absolutely no PI on that play. And yes, the defender's shoulder contacted Floyd's head pretty hard, but it was incidental: the DB wasn't laying a hit on Floyd but trying to pick off the pass. It was a correct non-call. But anyway, we got a penalty for a first down on that play, so why are we making a huge deal out of this play? (Or do I have the wrong play?)

And yes, both Harbaughs are sore losers. Jim is even worse. I look forward to hearing Jim's excuses when we beat his Forty-Whiners.
                  Adipose

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                    The call on Floyd was never going to be PI. It was going to be unnecessary roughness for a hit on a defenseless receiver (if I'm thinking of the same play at the right pylon). There was absolutely no PI on that play. And yes, the defender's shoulder contacted Floyd's head pretty hard, but it was incidental: the DB wasn't laying a hit on Floyd but trying to pick off the pass. It was a correct non-call. But anyway, we got a penalty for a first down on that play, so why are we making a huge deal out of this play? (Or do I have the wrong play?)

And yes, both Harbaughs are sore losers. Jim is even worse. I look forward to hearing Jim's excuses when we beat his Forty-Whiners.
                    I think he's talking about the play in the endzone to set up the winning score.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Opera singer and web developer.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                      Oh, yeah, that was obvious PI all the way. Good call by the officials.
                      Adipose

Comment

• Yubaking
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                        Right. That is what we were both talking about. That's what made Harbaugh's response and that of Ravens fans so crazy. That was not a close call at all.

Comment

Working...
                        X