POLL: What Is The Bolts' Main Problem? (+ Post - Week 3 Discussion)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Here's an interesting fact...Justin Herbert Joined Kyler Murray and Cam Newton to be in the 300+ yards per game for their first 2 NFL starts. Looks like good company to be in.....
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Like Ive said for years Lynn is out of his depth because Spanos is completely out of his depth.

Comment

• PR#1
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post

And who's to ultimately blame? Answer. The leader of men Lynn
        ^^^^^^ This guy gets it.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
          Like Ive said for years Lynn is out of his depth because Spanos is completely out of his depth.
          right, the problem is spanii and his offspring. they are still in the building

Lynn is a good man - I can see that. He is a good leader. He is a good dude - would love to share some BBQ and some pops with that guy
          But dammit - four years into this thing and his clock and game mgmt still kind of suck
          same old mental mistakes
          I know that turnovers were huge but mentally - that is truly what lost the game

I say it over and over, Why the hell does George Stewart have a damn job!!??!!

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

I see no evidence that Lynn is a leader. I see a guy whose team is soft, often unprepared, undisciplined and underachieving. He plays favorites with coaches and players, is a weak in game manager and his game plans are suspect. We can do better.

Comment

• AFboltfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2018
              • Balboa Park bench
              • Medical Simulation
              • Send PM

I'm telling you guys... Urban Meyer...

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Agreed totally.Spanos injury curse aside I truly believe a good coach with his own staff can take this talented team very far.Im especially concerned with how well our new QB will develop under Lynn and this milquetoast OC.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  I see no evidence that Lynn is a leader. I see a guy whose team is soft, often unprepared, undisciplined and underachieving. He plays favorites with coaches and players, is a weak in game manager and his game plans are suspect. We can do better.
                  I saw how he handled some of the protests; I see what he is doing in Africa with the school - that to me shows he is a good person and good leader

But from a football perspective - you hit a lot of nails with that hammer. I personally thought Gus Bradley should have been fired. Bring in your old buddy Rex and really see what happens. Granted, the injuries are a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                    Nothing.
                    Good grief. Rookie QB no pre season.
                    The team is competitive as they grow. What else are they suppose to do with a rookie in his 2nd start.
                    Tyrod likely wins today. Simply because he probably has zero turnovers in a game Chargers had 4 turnovers and lost by 5pt. Rookie QB made enough plays to win on that last drive, but he needs Allen to make a play to get that win. Didn't happen.

Don't have to turn molehill into mountain. Just a loss and experience for a young team. And they did enough to build upon.
                    I am wondering if the bolded part is actually clickbait. I mean, seriously, does anyone think that a healthy Taylor would have done better than Herbert? You have got to kidding me with that post. That might be the most ridiculous post I have seen in 2020. With Taylor, we likely lose by 20+ points.

There was exactly one turnover this game that was on Herbert and Herbert led two TD drives of 75+ yards and had the team in scoring position on what would have been a 99 yard TD drive in only 1:46 with zero timeouts but for a bad pitch by Allen on the hook and ladder.

I have already explained in multiple posts how Taylor's one, two, three, kick offense started 9 drives against the lowly Bengals with 75 or more yards to go and managed exactly one FG in all of those drives combined. When Taylor was gifted with 2 turnovers against a terrible team, one of which put the team in immediate scoring positon, the team manged to come away with a win in spite of Tyrod's awful performance, but that was only because the refs called OPI to save us and the kicker's leg cramped up on a short FG attempt. 2 turnovers generated, a horrible opponent and good luck and we win by only 3.

In yesterday's game, it was almost the exact opposite in that Herebrt almost got the win for us inspite of the rest of the team's poor performance. Kelley fumbled when Herbert had the team moving. Allen fumbled when Herbert was on the verge of leading the team to victory. Herbert's OL was terrible and caused a bad call fumble--not sure what any QB can do when he is hit in his throwing motion and gets hit because of poor OL protection. The defense got zero takeaways--again--and, in fact, has never had a single takeaway with Herbert at QB, which is very different than what happened with Taylor. The special teams gave the Panthers 4 points and of, course, the INT never happens if the refs do not give our opponent a bad OPI call (again, the opposite of week 1) on the 45 yard pass to Williams to the Carolina 19 yard line.

We have seen what Taylor can do (really more what he can't do) and we have seen what Herebrt can do. Herbert is already better than Taylor. QB rating stats confirm that. Over time, that gap is only going to widen. Taylor has already developed as a QB. He is a solid backup or a bad starter and he is not going to get much, if any, better. Right now, Herbert is already in the range of being a league average starter right off the bat as a rookie even with his rookie mistakes. That's awesome! Look at what John Elway and Peyton manning did in their rookie seasons and you will get the idea.

Herbert has a chance to be a very good QB. He is absolutely oozing with potential. So far he looks very much like the best of the rookie QBs as Tagovailoa cannot beat out a low end Fitz and Burrow has obvious physical limitations as a player and we saw what he could not do in week 1. Really, the only one that can get in the way of Herbert developing into one of the better QBs in the league is Lynn if he maintains his very false "Tyrod gives us the best chance to win" nonsense.

Comment

• Biggestfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

^^^^^^ This guy gets it.
                      Its pretty simple. Both losses this season came down to coaching. KC loss was in straying from a game plan that was actually working. Carolina loss was due to the team being completely unprepared and lacking discipline and sound football IQ.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post

Its pretty simple. Both losses this season came down to coaching. KC loss was in straying from a game plan that was actually working. Carolina loss was due to the team being completely unprepared and lacking discipline and sound football IQ.
                        Neither had to do with turnovers?
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post
                          I'm telling you guys... Urban Meyer...
                          Is he healthy enough to commit to the 18 hour a day work demands?
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X