POLL: What Is The Bolts' Main Problem? (+ Post - Week 3 Discussion)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltdiehard
    The Precious
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

The move to LA has done nothing to change the culture of this team or the results on the field.

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

We had our usual run of poor calls with the refs.

There is no way that the Herbert fumble was a fumble. The Brian Burns hand was going sideways. The only way the ball coudl have gone forward is if Herbert's arm was going forward.

The two Panthers DB's took each other out on the M. Williams bomb in (before?) the 2 minute drill.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Bad (and injured ) OL....... our OL if healthy would not be the best, but with injuries most of our OL are backups..... Herbert is doing an amazing job considering the pressure he is under....

i think playcalling as a whole has been better then last year..... last week the balance was well enough that the defense was kept off balance and it helped both running game and passing game.....

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
          Problem is at least there are three of those options happening simultaneously. I would say Injuries have hurt this team really bad plus bad situational management. We're constantly out witted in the defensive game and not bringing any disruption to their offenses unless it's mr. Bosa.
          The only pass rushers we have are Bosa, Tillery, and Ingram. Nwosu is a capable pass rusher, but I'm afraid he's regressed from his rookie season. After these, you got nothing. This team was 28th in the league in sacks last year for a reason. Most of the sacks came from the big two. You need depth, and the saying that you cannot have enough pass rushers is not a myth. When it comes to D-line, you need depth. Because the players at the positions on D-line tire out the most, and the players sub in and out the most on defense. They sub in between just like with running backs.

This is a defense that Gus has constructed. He is to blame for the defense. He has a say in the talent that is fielded, whether from the draft or free agency. The team needs a corner who can do the job on the other team's best receivers. They could also use good cover linebackers. Bradley's input in talent is just as much to blame as his gameplans or strategies. His problem is the overall talent that he brings in and builds. He doesn't have the right players to work certain spots for the defense he is running. He's been bad when it comes to depth. Gus' problem is that he is complacent. He and Lynn. Another thing, in his time with the team, Bradley's teams have always been sloppy at tackling. One factor to consider letting him go.

Did you watch the colts/jets game? Rivers didn't win it today the defense came to play...River's didn't lose the game today either.
          Did Rivers throw an INT in that game? He got them points when needed.

This team is still making the same mistakes that people have said about Rivers when he was with the Chargers.

Speaking of defense, our defense was supposed to be top 5 according to some people. They're nowhere near being a top 5 defense. People still think that even with DJ out for the season, that this team would have a top notch defense. That's proving to be wrong. I still see a defense that relies too much on the big names. I still see a defense that has troubles in many areas.

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          There isn't a problem. The Chargers will pull it together and win a bunch of games and you all will look back on the angst of week 3 and wonder what the big deal was.
          I hope you're kidding.

We barely put up a fight against a Panthers team that was missing their better players and with a QB who has bounced around. We're going to play two teams with HOF QBs these next two games. We lose these next two games, this team is done. They aren't coming back from that mess, especially considering how the coaching staff is. Lynn continuing the losing, he's gone.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Absolutely,

sincerely, Norv Turner
            I still remember how nobody paid attention during the special teams meetings.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

We need to focus on what is actually going on here.

Justin Herbert has two starts...it is early in his NFL career.

Why do y'all make me state the obvious ?

All the "points" that are being made here, from the lame to the spitballing to the legitimate criticisms,
              ​constitute paralysis by overanalysis.
              Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

The only pass rushers we have are Bosa, Tillery, and Ingram. Nwosu is a capable pass rusher, but I'm afraid he's regressed from his rookie season. After these, you got nothing. This team was 28th in the league in sacks last year for a reason. Most of the sacks came from the big two. You need depth, and the saying that you cannot have enough pass rushers is not a myth. When it comes to D-line, you need depth. Because the players at the positions on D-line tire out the most, and the players sub in and out the most on defense. They sub in between just like with running backs.

This is a defense that Gus has constructed. He is to blame for the defense. He has a say in the talent that is fielded, whether from the draft or free agency. The team needs a corner who can do the job on the other team's best receivers. They could also use good cover linebackers. Bradley's input in talent is just as much to blame as his gameplans or strategies. His problem is the overall talent that he brings in and builds. He doesn't have the right players to work certain spots for the defense he is running. He's been bad when it comes to depth. Gus' problem is that he is complacent. He and Lynn. Another thing, in his time with the team, Bradley's teams have always been sloppy at tackling. One factor to consider letting him go.

Did Rivers throw an INT in that game? He got them points when needed.

This team is still making the same mistakes that people have said about Rivers when he was with the Chargers.

Speaking of defense, our defense was supposed to be top 5 according to some people. They're nowhere near being a top 5 defense. People still think that even with DJ out for the season, that this team would have a top notch defense. That's proving to be wrong. I still see a defense that relies too much on the big names. I still see a defense that has troubles in many areas.

I hope you're kidding.

We barely put up a fight against a Panthers team that was missing their better players and with a QB who has bounced around. We're going to play two teams with HOF QBs these next two games. We lose these next two games, this team is done. They aren't coming back from that mess, especially considering how the coaching staff is. Lynn continuing the losing, he's gone.
                I said on paper we're top 5 but I would settle for easy top 10. With losing Derwin, melvin, and the new kid lb Drue I think we've dropped out of top 10 for awhile.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                  Outback Goon
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Australia
                  • Send PM

vote turnovers and play calling

Still cant get my head around that double reverse with both Allen and MWill in the backfield.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Y'all would be better served
                    by studying what is happening around the league in the COVID infested 2020 NFL season,
                    and then considering context,
                    in your critiques of LAC.

For starters, there are lots of injuries,
                    and we are affected by that.
                    Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      Y'all would be better served
                      by studying what is happening around the league in the COVID infested 2020 NFL season,
                      and then considering context,
                      in your critiques of LAC.

For starters, there are lots of injuries,
                      and we are affected by that.
                      So is the rest of the league. Niners? Ravished by injuries. They won yesterday. Can't use that as an excuse every season, we aren't hit the worst with injuries.

Comment

• foreigner
                        Tom Telesco is gone
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Send PM

Yesterday we lost against a team whose last win was in week 9 of last year... Typical Chargers...

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

I said on paper we're top 5 but I would settle for easy top 10. With losing Derwin, melvin, and the new kid lb Drue I think we've dropped out of top 10 for awhile.
                          As of this morning (monday), we were 9th in terms of yards allowed, and 4th in points. Considering how the offense has basically served up a lot of points for Carolina, that is not too bad.

In the points allowed per game column (which includes the Ravens who have only played 2 games), the top 4 Baltimore, Indy, SF and us. Of those, 2 of us play the same defensive scheme (SF and us). Indy plays cover 2. So, 3 of the top 4 D in terms of points allowed are bend but don't break types.

Comment

Working...
                          X