Panthers @ Chargers Game Day Thread (Wk 3)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghetty
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

The chiefs we're also cursed for 50 years to until last year.
    Yep, or the Cubs over 100.

lifes to short to be miserable. Only makes it better when the pieces fall together. No other choice but to enjoy the process

Comment

• JOJAX85
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Irmo, SC
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fred View Post
      No matter where they move, what colors change on their uniforms, who they draft or who they hire. They will always be the same ‘ol Chargers! I’ve been supportive of this team since 1961, been through 2 0-11 starts, 2 losses to the only no win teams in a season, had the #1 offense AND the #1 defense in the same year, AND MISSED THE FREAKIN PLAYOFFS!! HOW DO YOU EVEN ATTEMPT TO PULL THAT OFF??!! This team is cursed folks... They‘ve had the WORSE ju-ju put on them, cursed to never fully succeed, never failing to fail no matter what the odds... My heart goes out to Justin Herbert. I thought he was one of the best College QBs to come out of the draft! I had a feeling he was going to make an immediate impact wherever he went! Well....right up to the point the Chargers drafted him... now the poor lad has just had his wonderful career just pissed away cuz he was doomed to be drafted a Charger... I absolutely hated Eli Manning when he refused to play for the Chargers! Now in my golden years, I can clearly see through the muck and mire and tell you Eli was definitely on to something! He saw back then what I hadn’t the previous 40, that the Chargers are CURSED! As long as a Spanos owns them, they will never amount to anything but a stop to “Shady Acres Retirement Home” to any NFL Player. A place to come relax until you get shipped off to a real team, with a real chance! Take it from me folks, as a Chargers fan until they bailed on my city, taking with them my season tickets that we’ve had in the family since 1961, don’t waste your time or money on this team, they’ll just rip your heart out of your chest, and stomp on it until it’s just a red spot on the pavement....
      I've only been a fan since '79, but I understand your frustrations. That being said, it just doesn't bother me like it use to. Maybe it was the move, maybe I've just had enough of it getting to me. I have kids playing high school ball. That is FAR more enjoyable to me. I'll continue pulling for the Chargers, but if they lose I'm more like Eh, than F@#*+&K!!! now.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

sad loss but some some strange reason i am not angry like years past.

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

That was another poorly coached game by the Chargers. The turnovers, bad play calling in key moments, the players were not ready for that game and played down to their abilities...

Don't feel too bad either because once this plays out, and if the players don't get on board with Lynn and Company won't seem too difficult to bring in a big time coach who has the right stuff...

Comment

• Biggestfan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
            We lost because we committed three turnovers and they did not. There were other reasons of course including bad reffing but those three still out especially Kelley’s fumble and Herbert’s interception. Luckily the kid is like Rivers in that he’ll always keep us in the game.
            The Chargers should have and could have overcome the bad calls. The team continues to be undisciplined. The play calling stinks. They make no adjustments or the wrong adjustments. They still have a problem finishing tackles. Same story each year. To me the biggest problem is still coaching. And conditioning looks to be an issue yet again. As I said, same story ad nauseum. Until you have an ownership that is infuriated over the continued mediocrity and failure nothing will change and the right pieces will never fall into place. I mean, can we honestly say as fans that the drafting has been great? Can we say that the team makes smart free agency moves? As soon as Derwin went down the first thing I would have done is went out and acquired the best possible safety available to be had. And I hate the adage of if the person was so great they'd be on a team already. Sometimes one man's junk is another man's treasure.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

About the 10 minute mark of the 1st quarter I said "pathetic" out loud. That became my word of the day as that shit show continued. All 3 phases were pathetic and did not appear ready to play the game. It's like they thought Carolina would just roll over. I blame Lynn due to the entire team looking unready, unsure and unprepared.

After it was over my wife commented.........I can't understand why you continue to watch these guys??!!??

I had no defense to offer.........

Comment

• Biggestfan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                About the 10 minute mark of the 1st quarter I said "pathetic" out loud. That became my word of the day as that shit show continued. All 3 phases were pathetic and did not appear ready to play the game. It's like they thought Carolina would just roll over. I blame Lynn due to the entire team looking unready, unsure and unprepared.

After it was over my wife commented.........I can't understand why you continue to watch these guys??!!??

I had no defense to offer.........
                We watch because we must like to torture ourselves.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post

The Chargers should have and could have overcome the bad calls. The team continues to be undisciplined. The play calling stinks. They make no adjustments or the wrong adjustments. They still have a problem finishing tackles. Same story each year. To me the biggest problem is still coaching. And conditioning looks to be an issue yet again. As I said, same story ad nauseum. Until you have an ownership that is infuriated over the continued mediocrity and failure nothing will change and the right pieces will never fall into place. I mean, can we honestly say as fans that the drafting has been great? Can we say that the team makes smart free agency moves? As soon as Derwin went down the first thing I would have done is went out and acquired the best possible safety available to be had. And I hate the adage of if the person was so great they'd be on a team already. Sometimes one man's junk is another man's treasure.
                  I still am not sure why they didn't sign Earl Thomas when DJ33 went down.

End of the day, the team is still owned and run by Dean and his two kids. He is just a bad owner

A good owner would have fired George Stewart last offseason

Telesco obviously is not that good at his job in picking head coaches - again, unless its Dean being cheap.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

We watch because we must like to torture ourselves.
                    I just thoroughly enjoy the feeling of a dagger sliding deep into my heart. Hey what time is next week's game???????

Comment

• Biggestfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I still am not sure why they didn't sign Earl Thomas when DJ33 went down.

End of the day, the team is still owned and run by Dean and his two kids. He is just a bad owner

A good owner would have fired George Stewart last offseason

Telesco obviously is not that good at his job in picking head coaches - again, unless its Dean being cheap.
                      Earl Thomas is looking good to me right now. He could definitely help the secondary. He also can tackle. I see people here dogging on old man Thomas Davis last year yet I believe he led the team in tackles. Sometimes the right veteran presence on a team can help.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Earl Thomas is looking good to me right now. He could definitely help the secondary. He also can tackle. I see people here dogging on old man Thomas Davis last year yet I believe he led the team in tackles. Sometimes the right veteran presence on a team can help.
                        I just wonder how much of a distraction or locker room issue he would be. He seems to have gone full diva in the past few years and for a talent like that to be on the street now really makes me leery.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

AL after game presser......

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir