Panthers @ Chargers Game Day Thread (Wk 3)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

His philosophy isn't taking root. Every coaching staff focuses on turnovers.

At the end of the day, who is responsible for negative turnover margins?
    Valid, I’m a Lynn supporter but recognize that he hasn’t done a good enough job thus far.
    dont get me started with getting swept by the AFCW last year
    for me, I’ll be firmly on or against him by seasons end.
    Darius "4.36" Davis
    top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• foreigner
      Tom Telesco is gone
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

Didnt saw the game.. family reunion.. but... according to what I have read here and somewhere else.... I dont mind losing because of Herbert... Growing Pains... but losing because of our HC? that really makes me throw up.... fuck Lynn,, again and again and again... this team is a mess and he is the one reponsilble. No Lynn next year please.

Comment

• Classic
        Hall Of Fame
        • Dec 2014
        • Send PM

3 games in and so far our WR depth is really thin. Outside of Williams and Allen none of the wideouts have been good. This could be a area of need come draft time because it was evident when Mike went down.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

The second and third point are wrong. Especially the third point. The fact that you would bring up that particular poster’s dumb ass comments is just wrong in so many levels.

With regards to the second part, Teddy’s arm strength is okay, not great. About on par with guys like Watson and prime Brees, Rivers etc.
          Third point is right leaving aside the bias comment. Lynn didn’t handle his reaction to Herbert playing well at all. He got roasted nationally for it.

they weren’t ready to play today. It’s easy to get teams up for the super bowl champs. More of a challenge when it’s an 0-2 team that hasn’t won in 10 straight. He didn’t meet that mental coaching challenge

Comment

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post

The second and third point are wrong. Especially the third point. The fact that you would bring up that particular poster’s dumb ass comments is just wrong in so many levels.

With regards to the second part, Teddy’s arm strength is okay, not great. About on par with guys like Watson and prime Brees, Rivers etc.
            You missed the point of bringing up the poster's post, with which I did not agree. I brought it up to show that people were looking for reasons to explain why Lynn refused to accept the obvious--that Herbert is much better than Taylor. There was/is just no reason for Lynn to have that view and that is a problem and a fair reason for people to be critical of Lynn. So, in response to Chargeroo, I pointed out that Lynn has fairly brought criticism upon himself.

I disagree with your take about Bridgewater's arm strength. It is wrong. Bridgewater was dead last in intended air yards last season--dead last. There is a reason why certain QBs do not throw many deep passes. Of course, they will attempt some, but with Bridgewater, it can never be a point of emphasis. Even with Anderson, their deep threat, the Panthers ran multiple short crosses per each deep pass.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Third point is right leaving aside the bias comment. Lynn didn’t handle his reaction to Herbert playing well at all. He got roasted nationally for it.

they weren’t ready to play today. It’s easy to get teams up for the super bowl champs. More of a challenge when it’s an 0-2 team that hasn’t won in 10 straight. He didn’t meet that mental coaching challenge
              Lynn’s comments about Herbert were fine. I think people in the media and on here overreacted badly because he didn’t praise him as much after a loss. And he shouldn’t. Kid needs to continue to see that he needs a lot of work.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Chaincrusher, If I said something that made you think I prefer Taylor, I did a really poor job of expressing myself. I love Herberts potential and I never was a fan of Tyrod - nice guy but not a good NFL Quarterback.

The rest of it, I still disagree with you but thanks for sharing.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                  3 games in and so far our WR depth is really thin. Outside of Williams and Allen none of the wideouts have been good. This could be a area of need come draft time because it was evident when Mike went down.
                  This was a major factor in today's game and continues to be a major concern. They have two rookies with potential and Guyton, who certainly looks capable. They need to develop at least one of these guys to become a No. 3 WR. After MW went down all Herbert had were Allen, Henry and Ekeler.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

After watching the highlight film our defense sucks right now due to injuries. Our secondary is like a sieve. Herbert is the real deal and the rest of the team needs to show up to play.
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                      After watching the highlight film our defense sucks right now due to injuries. Our secondary is like a sieve. Herbert is the real deal and the rest of the team needs to show up to play.
                      There definitely were some huge holes in the secondary, which made for some easy medium passes for Bridgewater. My view is that we should have compacted things and forced Bridgewater to beat us over the top instead of allowing a dink and dunk QB to dink and dunk us.

It was not like last week where you had to be concerned about Mahomes throwing to Hill so you had to leave some room.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

You missed the point of bringing up the poster's post, with which I did not agree. I brought it up to show that people were looking for reasons to explain why Lynn refused to accept the obvious--that Herbert is much better than Taylor. There was/is just no reason for Lynn to have that view and that is a problem and a fair reason for people to be critical of Lynn. So, in response to Chargeroo, I pointed out that Lynn has fairly brought criticism upon himself.

I disagree with your take about Bridgewater's arm strength. It is wrong. Bridgewater was dead last in intended air yards last season--dead last. There is a reason why certain QBs do not throw many deep passes. Of course, they will attempt some, but with Bridgewater, it can never be a point of emphasis. Even with Anderson, their deep threat, the Panthers ran multiple short crosses per each deep pass.
                        No, I didn’t miss the point of your post regarding Lynn’s comments.

Comment

• Ceramic
                          Chargers are pathetic
                          • Sep 2020
                          • OC
                          • Send PM

Chargers games require us to watch until the final seconds. It can never be a blowout loss or win. That’s the chargers way. This team is consistently inconsistent.

Comment

Working...
                          X