Panthers @ Chargers Game Day Thread (Wk 3)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post
    The oline coach better figure it out. The Bucs defensive line is pretty stout
    Relying on Bulaga and Turner to be able to go on Sundays has not been a good strategy.

Comment

• Biggestfan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

It was 3rd down.
      Unless you are going for it on 4rth down, that was the right choice.

If the D didn't go into their familar 4rth quarter fetal position, and gave the O one last decent chance, there was an opportunity.
      Maybe he knew the defense didn't have it today

Comment

• Biggestfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Relying on Bulaga and Turner to be able to go on Sundays has not been a good strategy.
        How about changing the game plan around maybe a bit

Comment

• Biggestfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Also an observation. Didn't the Chargers have Tre Boston a while back? The guy looked good today.

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

We came out flat today. The OL was awful--consistently allowed the DL to collapse the pocket. The defense was giving a known dink and dunk offense with a noodle armed QB waaayyy too much room to operate. It was 100% Bulaga's fault on the incomplete pass that was ruled a fumble--really, really unimpressed with Bulaga. Offisdes and Tillery's beyond stupid penalty cost us big time as without that we would have been kicking a FG to win the game at the end. K.J. Hill does not look like an NFL player.

The only players that I thought played good games were Herbert, Ekeler, Allen, Bosa and Jenkins. Herbert showed tons of poise and should have come away with the win. If Keenan had executed the lateral properly, we win--that simple. Herbert was a gnat's eyelash from engineering a 99 yard drive with only 1:46 on the clock an no timeouts. Honestly, we could give Taylor three weeks of drives from the 1 yard line and he might not make it to the 50 on any of them.
            I agree with most of that.....

I still dont understand how our DL keep jumping offsides when they can see the football is sitting on the ground????? .....Chargers are consistently doing it but im not seeing that in any other game....... chargers did that way too much even when there were fans in stadium......

plus, im tired of seeing there refs make bad calls in Chargers games that I have never seen in my entire 59 year life???..... when a QB's arm is going forward, and hit by defender who hits arm not the ball and ball goes forward, it is al=ways rolled incomplete.... it would be a fumble if the ball was batted forward by the defender which would be a fumble...... and that bogus OPI on Williams when defenders collided with each other???....it seems like Refs are told if MW catches anything to call OPI???...... and that travesty after the last punt which went into end zone......should have been at the 20..... the guy who tried to down it was flying into end zone so he willingly pitched it back and its bounced off of teammates into wend zone..... no way to rule that down at the one......

I assume that the reason we get a mysterious penalty on our OL almost every time we are in redzone, is due to our OL: being so horrible......?
            But still, Refs called holding on Green and only thing Green did was have fingers inside of a defeni=vew players sleeve..... didn't even slow there guy down.....yet ref found a reason to throw that flag?

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Oh. How about the other stupid timeout when Herbert had to come out? Another Lynn tactical error. Let Stick come in and hand it off for one play. That timeout we needed late.
              On the play where we needed a 1st down conversion? Think again.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• NutzandBoltz
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2020
                • Send PM

No doubt JH will be good. But I think a healthy Tyrod wins this game today. Not flashy but wins it. When people question why Lynn wants him as the starter this season, it’s for games like this.

Comment

• Fleet
                  Fleet commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Welcome to the Blues N&B. Cheers
              • Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Oh. How about the other stupid timeout when Herbert had to come out? Another Lynn tactical error. Let Stick come in and hand it off for one play. That timeout we needed late.
                All i can say about that is.....Lynn may say Tyrod is the starter when he is healthy but to not let Stick run one play? What does that say about him? lol

Comment

• Biggestfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by NutzandBoltz View Post
                  No doubt JH will be good. But I think a healthy Tyrod wins this game today. Not flashy but wins it. When people question why Lynn wants him as the starter this season, it’s for games like this.
                  I disagree. The oline and dline play was terrible. And the penalties were back breakers

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    I know they said it was Tillery with that b ig offside play but it was actually Square.

Hill was in for a couple of plays and Chaincrusher can already tell he's no good - lol

And just so know Bridgewater has a strong arm.

Most of you guys are weak fans - crying over every thing that goes wrong, or you think is wrong. Is there a coach in the world that you guys wouldn't want to fire?

The weakest link on this team is still the OL. Fix that and this is a darn good team.
                    Other than Schottenheimer & Ross - no, fire them! Don Coryell's time probably had come.

Lynn has to show me that this isn't the type of teams he typically fields. Right now, his trajectory is that of McCoy's, and yet Lynn has clearly had better talent.

Another 6 - 10 & what would you expect next year that would be different? If he's resigned, Stewart has to go and the Chargers would need a quick out in 2 years.

I liked the hire initially: i was one of the few. I'm not seeing anything remotely close to Marty Schottenheimer results.

Like McCoy, you can pinpoint where the ship starting listing. With Lynn, it was the playoff debacle against New England.

Comment

• Biggestfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

All i can say about that is.....Lynn may say Tyrod is the starter when he is healthy but to not let Stick run one play? What does that say about him? lol
                      Is says that the organization drafted a kid they have zero confidence in

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Also an observation. Didn't the Chargers have Tre Boston a while back? The guy looked good today.
                        He was decent as a Charger but had a habit of dropping picks that hit him in the hands...... amazing how many players play better on other teams...... could coaching be the problem?

Comment

Working...
                        X