• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Gus rarely blitzes...one of my biggest knocks against him...
    On the final Bungle drive: Bradley sent 6 people on one 3rd down play, & 5 on a 2nd and long. These were from the highlights - there were possibly others.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      The reason Mahomes sat his rookie year was because Alex Smith had a good year in 2017 and led the Chiefs to the playoffs. Mahomes didn't sit because Andy Reid was determined to have him sit and learn for a year. If Smith had not played well in 2017 and the Chiefs were even mediocre to average behind a poor performing offense, I guarantee you Smith would have been benched and Mahomes would have started. I don't think it makes sense anymore to sit a rookie QB for a year, not one who was drafted as highly as Herbert. For Herbert, due to the lack of preparation and preseason games, not starting the season as the No. 1 QB is probably wise. (But then again look at Burrow in Cincy - he is ready to play. IMO, he is going to emerge THIS season as a top QB.) But if TT's performance continues to be subpar after 3,4,5,6 games and the Bolts are going nowhere fast, I don't see how it makes sense to keep him on the bench. I don't think keeping him on the bench protects him, I think it hinders his development. Don't wait until next season to start the growing pains, get it over with this season, unless the Bolts are serious playoff contenders.
      If you are in the 'needs to adjust his mechanics camp', which many are with Herbert: you sit him.
      Putting him in too soon, where he just reverts back to old habits might be a problem

I'd be following carefully the Buffalo quarterback Josh Allen, and see how he's faring.
      Allen and Herbert had a lot of similar traits coming out.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

This will be a good measurement game to see where they are vs the Chiefs. Get a feel for what it takes with Tyrod at QB to compete with one of the elite teams in the NFL.
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

I just saw my question answered. They put Dru on IR and promoted Bilal to the 52.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post

Agree, Henry and EKELER should have at least 10 targets each.....move the chains and keep Chiefs Offense the field please....They can't double team them, Allen and Williams are pretty good and command attention always.
            def a point of intrigue that we had the two receiving targets in Williams and Henry that seemed to do well, and now two RBs in Ekeler and Kelly.... wondering how the Chiefs are planning to game plan given that Ekeler and Keenan are known quantities in addition to the aforementions ??

and that was a highlight play for sure when Tyrod rolled off and stiff armed the oncoming rusher/defender before completing the pass to Guyton on the run, and.... would still like to see some KJ Hill pls.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

If you are in the 'needs to adjust his mechanics camp', which many are with Herbert: you sit him.
              Putting him in too soon, where he just reverts back to old habits might be a problem

I'd be following carefully the Buffalo quarterback Josh Allen, and see how he's faring.
              I'm not in that camp. College QBs with mechanics that need a lot of work aren't drafted in the top 10.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

On the final Bungle drive: Bradley sent 6 people on one 3rd down play, & 5 on a 2nd and long. These were from the highlights - there were possibly others.
                did you see the rushes ?? forget how the one turned out, but the one had one of the blitzers from outside R, hit the brakes almost right away as he ran into a wall of about 3 or 4 bodies.... complete non factor save for the hole left behind him and in his wake.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

I'm not in that camp. College QBs with mechanics that need a lot of work aren't drafted in the top 10.
                  Rivers has very unorthodox mechanics

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Allen is still mechanically not that great. He’s getting better but he’s still learning to be a passer instead of thrower.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

College QBs sometimes get drafted that high based on their upside. The main issues holding a rookie QB back is usually the mental game or the mechanical.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        I've been on the side of letting Herbert sit this year but Velo's post above makes a lot of sense. I listened to Bruce Arians interviewed on this subject. He said a QB drafted early in the draft should be started because that's the best way for them to learn. He said they won't get reps with the first team once the season starts so the only way to those reps is to play them. He made a lot of sense.
                        I don’t agree with Arians. It’s a case by case basis. It’s more than just getting reps with the first team.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Gus rarely blitzes...one of my biggest knocks against him...
                          It’s about finding the right balance and the time to use it. Blitzing too much leads to big plays given up.

Comment

Working...
                          X