AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Casual fans have no business
    arguing with the
    sophisticated algorithms
    of the wu-dai Scouting Bureau.
    What is the Wu-Dai Scouting Bureau's analysis of Tyrod? Does he have the skillset to consistently sustain long drives, eat up the clock, and successfully run our red zone offense? I saw a whole lot of 3-and outs vs. the Bengals. That does not bode well when we play good or elite teams...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

What is the Wu-Dai Scouting Bureau's analysis of Tyrod? Does he have the skillset to consistently sustain long drives, eat up the clock, and successfully run our red zone offense? I saw a whole lot of 3-and outs vs. the Bengals. That does not bode well when we play good or elite teams...
      w-d SB looked at both the first half
      and the second half tape...

Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

it took amazing luck and the Chargers playing very well to beat last year's worst team....... seriously with Taylor at QB, there is zero chance to make the playoffs....... Taylor made playoffs in BUF by barely beating 9 bad teams in very low scoring games...... Taylor was blown out by every good team they played........ name any other team that we could beat scoring only 16 points???......

Taylor does not have the precision or accuracy to complete tight passes over the middle or in the endzone....... that is why he only throws up safe passes to the sidelines where ball will either be caught by williams or incomplete.....

The only solution is to start Herbert as soon as possible...... so he can actually start learning something..... cant learn much standing on sidelines....... there is zero benefit to playing taylor...... he is not our future and he is not going to lead this team to the playoffs..... we are not going to beat more than a couple of teams just trading FG's....... KA(and our other receivers) need a QB who can zip them the ball into tight NFL windows.....

Taylor is by far the worst of the 4 AFC West QB's...... Herbert has the physical skills to compete in the current pass-happy NFL......
        The best solution is to sit Herbert for a year. Maybe have him play the last game of the season like Mahomes. We’re not going anywhere this year so let the rookie sit and learn. There’s a lot of things he still needs to work on including his fundamentals, which cannot do during live bullets. You can maybe make an argument that he should be playing this season but this shortened offseason means a big fat no. And if Lynn and Co were smart, they’ll hold him out until next year and not give in to temptation to save their jobs.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Also barring a miracle we’re not going to beat the Chiefs or the Saints. So that’s two losses there. Probably lose to the Bucs as well. After that, the games become more manageable.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

I'm very split on this myself
            I think we all agree that all efforts should be to get our future QB ready as soon as possible but there are different ideas on how to do that.

If the kid is truly missing fundamentals then it makes sense to sit him until he shows progress
            Which btw should come from hours practicing independently which I hope he's doing on off days
            Imo if you rush a qb out there, they revert to what they know and can't develop any new good habits into muscle memory, so let the kid sit

In the meanwhile you give Tyrod his likely last chance in this league as a starter, to lead this team.
            That way we leave no stone unturned and if we make the playoffs with Tyrod, Lynn legitimizes his philosophy
            Darius "4.36" Davis
            top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP Magic Number 3

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              I'm very split on this myself
              I think we all agree that all efforts should be to get our future QB ready as soon as possible but there are different ideas on how to do that.

If the kid is truly missing fundamentals then it makes sense to sit him until he shows progress
              Which btw should come from hours practicing independently which I hope he's doing on off days
              Imo if you rush a qb out there, they revert to what they know and can't develop any new good habits into muscle memory, so let the kid sit

In the meanwhile you give Tyrod his likely last chance in this league as a starter, to lead this team.
              That way we leave no stone unturned and if we make the playoffs with Tyrod, Lynn legitimizes his philosophy
              He is raw and only really worked on mechanics after college was over. He needs to continue working on that until it becomes second nature. Other things needed is learning to study film and read defenses.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

w-d SB looked at both the first half
                and the second half tape...
                W-d SB has a lot of patience

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

W-d SB has a lot of patience
                  Sports bar with giant patio had all the games available for observation.

Haskins of WAS and Tyrod had similar stories...tale of two halfs.

You know Spanos...AL will be here for several more years.

Campen has got us run blocking pretty good.

Field position...I am mad we tried a figgie towards the end,
                  instead of pinning Burrow in with a pooch punt.

It's the little things...

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

If the Tyrod we see this week can play the entire game as he played the second half in Cincy, we have a chance against the Chiefs. If he plays as he did in the first half we are doomed.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                      If the Tyrod we see this week can play the entire game as he played the second half in Cincy, we have a chance against the Chiefs. If he plays as he did in the first half we are doomed.
                      The Safeties have got to come on too.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

The Safeties have got to come on too.
                        I agree. We also need to still have a pass rush in the fourth quarter.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I agree. We also need to still have a pass rush in the fourth quarter.
                          Yep.
                          There's "in shape."
                          And
                          There's "in football shape."

I admit.
                          Tyrod's gonna be torture if he doesn't get beyond that first half.
                          He wore Joey out.

Comment

Working...
                          X