Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
    4 TEs, 6 LBs, 8 DBs (must be bringing in a vet) are the things that standout early to me. No real surprises.

Wait T. Campbell made the roster? That is unexpected. So 9 DBs.

Another head scratcher is 5 OTs and 10 total Olinemen.
    campbell is likely a placeholder for the aforementioned vet
    im sure this will all make more sense this time tomorrow
    Darius "4.36" Davis
    top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post
      O = 26
      OT: Tevi, Bulaga, Pipkins, Norman, St. Louis
      OG: Feeney, Turner, Lamp
      OC: Pouncey, Quessenberry
      TE: Henry, Green, Parham, Anderson
      RB: Ekeler, Jackson, Kelley
      WR: Allen, Williams, Hill, Reed, Moore, Guyton
      QB: Taylor, Herbert, Stick

D=24
      NT: Joseph, Brougton, Square
      DT: Jones, Tillery
      DE: Bosa, Rochelle, Ingram, Nwosu
      LB: White, Murray, Tranquill, Egbule, Perryman, Vigil
      CB: Hayward, Davis, Harris Jr., Facyson, Campbell
      SF: Jenkins, Adderley, Gilman, King

ST = 3
      P: Long
      K: Badgley
      S: Mazza
      have questions re: Tyree, Anderson and Moore/Guyton.

defense looks pretty solid, and congrats to Tevaughn Campbell, albeit personally would move him to the ps, and resign Watkins for FS.

on O gotta wonder what St. Louis showed and how he got the nod over the vet Groy, 'specially given the uncertainty/moving parts @the OC ??

and yes would add an RB rather than keeping the fourth TE.... do they know something we don't re: the TEs ??

also gotta question our scouting dept some, as there is always the case of missing out on UDFAs that I wish we had signed, but zilch for the 53 ??

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Anderson’s weakness according to what I’m reading about him is his ability (lack there of) to block.
        either he improved drastically (considering hardknocks episode emphasizing it) or he’s THAT good of a receiver
        he might not be on the roster tomorrow so I’ll save my congratulations.
        I may have jinxed Naber with a premature one
        Darius "4.36" Davis

Comment

• Tol
          From Accounting
          • Mar 2019
          • Carlsbad
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

defense looks pretty solid, and congrats to Tevaughn Campbell, albeit personally would move him to the ps, and resign Watkins for FS.

on O gotta wonder what St. Louis showed and how he got the nod over the vet Groy, 'specially given the uncertainty/moving parts @the OC ??

and yes would add an RB rather than keeping the fourth TE.... do they know something we don't re: the TEs ??

also gotta question our scouting dept some, as there is always the case of missing out on UDFAs that I wish we had signed, but zilch for the 53 ??
          From what I understand, Groy is more of a guard, St. Louis is the 4th OT if they have Norman as the 4th OG.

LAC has been thin at TE for a couple seasons. Yes, they brought back Gates, but haven't drafted anyone since Henry. Sooner or later you have to start developing some depth.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            UDFA CB Javelin Guidry released by Jets. I’d love to take a look at him as a Special Teamer.

Javelin Guidry was able to run in his way into the national spotlight after an exceptional performance at the NFL combine in February.

Showing off his sprinter speed, Guidry ran a time of 4.29 in the 40-yard dash, making him and University of Alabam wide receiver Henry Ruggs III (4.27) the only two players to run a time under 4.3 seconds at this year’s combine.

Also, the 5-foot-9, 193-pound cornerback was able to bench 225 pounds 21 times, becoming the first player to lift that much with a sub-4.3 40-yard dash since 2003, according to NFL Research.

Bottom Line on Javelin Guidry

Javelin Guidry is the walking, breathing definition of a special teams cornerbawith long-term upside. The Utah product has speed that you just cannot teach and is one of most sound tacklers among cornerbacks in this draft class. This alone should give him an inside track to winning a special teams job, and he has defensive upside that a team could try to develop. His combination of speed and strength doesn’t come along that often, so some team will try to make him a starting-caliber slot cornerback. However, there are a lot of obstacles in the way of that happening.

Guidry has the speed and recovery skills to stick with just about anyone, but he still gives up a ton of completions. This is partially because he’s short for the position and thus struggles to break up passes against larger targets. Additionally, he has subpar ball skills and struggles to sense when a pass is coming. These issues compound in zone coverage, as he struggles to diagnose routes and usually gets to the play one step too late. He’s a work in progress on defense, but he’s worth a late-round pick for his special teams potential alone. If he develops into a decent cornerback, that’s just a bonus.
            Just goes to show that a 40 time means little.......as does being able to pull a truck dont mean you are a good OL.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

We’re going heavy on O. 10 OL and 4 TE. Thats two extra roster spots for big guys to me.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Yes we have sucked with signing UDFAs :thinking:

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

campbell is likely a placeholder for the aforementioned vet
                  im sure this will all make more sense this time tomorrow
                  Probably spot on about Campbell...

Not a lot of shockers, and am not at all surprised with the 4 TE's...think they will field a ton of snaps this year.

Tyree St. Louis is the only head turner for me. I thought Scott was a coach favorite, but not upset at his departure...just don't know a thing about this other kid. Anybody gotta primer on this guy? Was he tearing it up at camp, I guess?
                  Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Probably spot on about Campbell...

Not a lot of shockers, and am not at all surprised with the 4 TE's...think they will field a ton of snaps this year.

Tyree St. Louis is the only head turner for me. I thought Scott was a coach favorite, but not upset at his departure...just don't know a thing about this other kid. Anybody gotta primer on this guy? Was he tearing it up at camp, I guess?
                    far as I can read, St. Louis has the requisite physical tools and not much else
                    I guess Campen thinks he can work with him, but until i hear anything else, i'll assume hes a fringe guy teetering between 53/PS.
                    Darius "4.36" Davis

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

4 OTs and 4 TEs = outside zone runs?
                      Darius "4.36" Davis

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Popper ended up with 49 out of 53 again. And no, that’s not good by his standards lol.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

On paper they look ok. It will depend on execution.
                          Special team return unit might get better.
                          Offense likely will cut down turnovers but might struggle to score at times. Defense should be solid in most games. I think the team is built to have a winning season as long as they protect the rock.
                          Don't see how they win vs any top notch high powered offenses unless they play keep away and get some turnovers.

Clean Football. 10-6
                          Okay Football. 8-8
                          Sloppy Football. 6-10

Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X